Seven Seas Navigator Feb 18th Sailing Roll Call

beartrap495

Thank you Pam(we have had problems with the CC site too). I think we will book the excursion and not the Portofino before the cruise. Can you believe we are less than a month away from this cruise?

Narita, we also like to meet before dinner for drinks. It is always fun to talk about the day with friends, old and new.

We are looking forward to meeting our new friends. Whose doing the doc dance this week? Hope so ;-) Karen

Husband is golfing and as soon as he gets home we will continue a tradition we started when we began cruising--we turn off the tv, turn on mood music, open a bottle of good wine---put on our glasses and read from cover to cover. Ive made special appetizers and dinner is made. Hooray--only a bit to go. Cant believe we just got off a cruise boat in November--seems like sooo long ago. Im ready.

It is my understanding that on the Navigator formal wear is required in both dining rooms on formal nights. Is that your understanding? Our cruises last year were both on Silversea line so we have all the gear--but for the Caribbean I was hoping for a more casual time, also:D Our wish for less luggage is dictated by our pre-trip around Florida with one more large bag.

My wife and I will also be sailing on the 18th and looking forward to our second RSSC Cruise (Paul Gaugin) along with the active party cruisers I just found here today.

Does anyone know the current status of the wi-fi access in the rooms? It's the simplest way to keep in touch with the kids and I love doing it right from our cabin.

Alan

Since our kids have moved on and we no longer need to have 2 cabins, my wife and I have upgraded our cruise choices :) . I've enjoyed a couple of Seabourn Mediterranean cruises, but none of their Caribbean ones interested me. The last one we took in the Carib. was the Windstar out of St. Thomas and had a great time, especialy enjoying the long days in port for plenty of beach time. RSSC looked interesting, simlar long days, and I really liked the 11 night aspect. We've never been in the Carib. for that long. I tried booking Silversea once, but they cancelled the cruise on us 2 months ahead of sailing. I later found out it was bought by a private group. Having chosen an itenerary and cabin almost a year ahead of time we were really ticked to be hunting for a decent cabin a few weeks ahead of sailing. I'll never book them again.

Does anyone knwo of a good beach to go to for the day in San Juan? WE have never stopped there as a port, but spent many long days after disembarking from Royal Carib & Princess cruises. Fighting crowds on that beach strip in front of all the hotels doesn't seem like a great way to spend the day.

Looking forward to this one with only 3 weeks to go!!

Alan

Hi Alan, and welcome aboard "our" cruise! I don't know anything about San Juan beaches, really, but you might ask about going to Isla Verde. We have stayed in that area, and I think I remember some beaches (we aren't really beach people). I think you are going to really like RSSC.

Narita, I honestly don't know for sure, but I *think* that Portofino is smart casual always. However, Formal Night on RSSC doesn't mean ball gowns and tuxes for everybody. I have a fairly dressy pair of black pants and a couple of tops with some glitter or bright embroidery. That's it. Mark wears a dark suit and a tie. We do eat fairly early, so there might be ball gowns and tuxes in Compass Rose after we eat, but last year we were with a group and took our time over dinner every night. In fact, we had a very....umm.. "eccentric" traveler onboard for that cruise; she was welcomed into Compass Rose on Formal night with great dignity and she wasn't dressed formally at all. And you can always get anything from Compass Rose served in your suite, during dinner hours.

I think they might gently suggest you change out of jeans, and shorts just aren't allowed in Compass Rose, but they won't embarrass you if you aren't formal to the max.

Ok some thoughts from me. I was on Navigator last year, and loved it even with it not being AI then. This year it is, and if my New Years cruise on Voyager was any indication, there should be alot more mingling both before and after dinner.

I think the biggest changes from a large ship will be no announcements in the suites and no announcements all day announcing this and that. No gold by the mile. Drinks anytime you want. No nickel and diming! No extra charges for specialty restaurants. Entertainment is probably not on the same scale as you're used to but still very enjoyable. Excellent tours (be sure to do the America's cup race). A more intimate feel. Eat when you want and with whom you want. If you want something you just have to ask. Everyone is friendly and only too happy to help you at any time of the day or night. Even if you have a problem (we had a minor problem with our bed the first night and it was fixed within five minutes of calling.)

One comment? Food is very good but the portions are small (which I loved as it gave me the opportunity to have an appetizer and a soup or salad, main course and dessert. Much better then when my SO and I go out to dinner and wind up sharing 1 appetizer and 1 dessert...we each can have what we want instead of having to compromise. ;) I actually wound up losing 2 lbs!)

Does anyone know the current status of the wi-fi access in the rooms? It's the simplest way to keep in touch with the kids and I love doing it right from our cabin.

Alan

I know wifi was in the rooms on Voyager and I believe my TA said they're on all the ships. I must say the wifi could be spotty at times. In the club.com room it seemed to be faster and work better.

Alan, silversea didn't offer any compensation?

Narita, formal night is anything from gowns to dressy pants and a dressy jacket with everything inbetween. My TA said she always brings one pair of dressy pants and then two lightweight dressy jackets (Chicos is great to find them!)

Silversea sent a message to me via my TA that the cruise I was booked on had been cancelled. They of course offered to reschedule, but this was my February vacation week ao I wasn't flexible with dates. It might have occured closer to 12 weeks ahead and not 8, but at least 6 months after I had booked and placed a deposit. We later found out that the cruise had been chartered by a large group (I think it was a Rosie O'Donnel thing). My beef is that they shouldn't bounce off committed passengers just to take on more. Book the large group ahead of individual passengers. I must say we had a great time on Windstar instead.

Hi ATA and thank you for your comments on the cruise. As a first timer on Regent it is very helpful to hear your thoughts. We are looking forward to this cruise and meeting all of you onboard.

Pam, where and when would be good to meet onboard. This thread is small enough that we could have a nice intimate gathering and put faces with the names. What does everyone else think?

Just 19 days until sail away!!!!!!!! Karen & Seavy

Okay, I have looked at the deck plans until I am cross-eyed.

How about the port side of Gallileo's (over close to where the bar is), about 30 minutes after muster drill? Sailing time is never carved in stone, so that's the suggestion I can come up with.

Just back in touch with February 18 cruisers on the Navigator. We have our suitcases down and are preparing our summer clothers for our get away. We have been in the Caribbean before but there are 4 new ports for us and soooo many beaches to explore and to hang out under a tree with a book and Sudoku. I see we have two beach party days--we look forward to them.

We will try to meet with you all after drill

Hi, I'm also booked on the Navigator Feb l8 as well. Let me first say that this will be my 8th cruise with the Regent Line (alias Radisson). Love the line. All inclusive always, wonderful food and great service. The bathrooms to me on this small ship are fantastic. Where else do you find marble bathrooms with walkin showers.

They always give a short lecture prior to port so you may chose your side trips. They're also very accommodating in changing tours the day prior.

No, I'm not from Columbus Ohio, but Columbus GA. Hope we meet.

Eileen

Welcome Eileen, Did you read the post about the gathering at Galileo's, port side 30 min after the life boat drill. We won't be a large group and it should be loads of fun. There will be four in my party. So you are from Ga. I was born in Athens. It should be fun comparing notes. Are you traveling alone? Just 15 more days and we'll be cruisin' ;-) Karen

Still grey,rainy,wet here in washington--but who can complain with the Midwest in such ugly circumstances.Still we had our bad time--and so we made reservations!! Less than a week now-need to loose a quick 30# by new Wednesday. Wish me luck.

Archived