What type of incentives to you get if you book a future cruise while on board?

March Cruiser

When you book a future cruise on board the benefit is a reduced deposit for the cruise, which you have already paid by pre-booking, and OBC depending on the length of the cruise booked and cabin category. DH and I never leave a sailing without pre-booking another. It is a great deal.

Vicki

You can set up as many Future Cruise Credits as you want. Each cost $100. By the end of your current cruise where you make the FCC you will have a letter in your stateroom showing the FCC you have. When you set up the FCC you can show Princess as the TA. Then when you decided to use the FCC and if you have a TA you want to go through you give them the FCC number and the FCC is transfered from PRincess to the TA you designate. This saves having to put down several hundred dollars in deposits. You set up a FCC while on a Princess cruise and you will receive a letter in your stateroom listing the FCC and a number for them. This number is what you would give a TA that you want to handle a Princess cruise booking. Don't use the FCC within 4 years you let Princess know and they credit your credit card with the $100 per FCC. The $100 FCC is per person per cruise you want to deposit on.

Another great perk in booking a future cruise is the fact you get coupons to pass on to friends or family to book on a cruise with you. They get the same benefits you get with these coupons. (low deposit of $100 and the same OBC perks.) We have used the heck out of our coupons and helped our friends same money.

We just made two future cruise deposits while on the 12/5/06 Island Princess cruise, but they said they are no longer accepting the $100 deposit amount for friends and family. They do give coupons for onboard credit for friends and family, but you must be onboard to receive the $100 per person future cruise deposit amount. We always take advantage of this. IWe think it's a good deal.

[quote name='Bucky3']We just made two future cruise deposits while on the 12/5/06 Island Princess cruise, but they said they are no longer accepting the $100 deposit amount for friends and family. They do give coupons for onboard credit for friends and family, but you must be onboard to receive the $100 per person future cruise deposit amount. We always take advantage of this. IWe think it's a good deal.[/quote]

Just returned from the Sea Princess and checked my future booking form. No more coupons were included to invite friends along like there have been in the past. :(

Sorry March Cruiser, this is not an answer to your question but I also have wondered about the incentives of booking a future cruise while on board. I have a follow-up question to some of the answers you received. From what I can see they are telling you that the advantage is you can book a future cruise for $ 100 per person deposit while on board. My question is, How is that different from an April, 2007 cruise we booked two weeks ago with a $ 100 per person deposit? We booked through an on-line TA that we have used before.

texreno

[quote name='texreno']Sorry March Cruiser, this is not an answer to your question but I also have wondered about the incentives of booking a future cruise while on board. I have a follow-up question to some of the answers you received. From what I can see they are telling you that the advantage is you can book a future cruise for $ 100 per person deposit while on board. My question is, How is that different from an April, 2007 cruise we booked two weeks ago with a $ 100 per person deposit? We booked through an on-line TA that we have used before.

texreno[/quote]

Princess also offers you shipboard credit for booking onboard. The amount is based on the length of sailing and cabin type you book. Even though you can pick up a cruise when specials are on with some agents for the $100 pp booking fee, when Princess offers the shipboard credit, it can be combined with other shipboard credits offered by travel agencys. We have had up to $650 shipboard credit before combining what Princess offered for booking onboard, and the credit offered by the TA for that cruise.

[quote name='cruzzers']Another great perk in booking a future cruise is the fact [B]you get coupons to pass on to friends or family[/B] to book on a cruise with you. They get the same benefits you get with these coupons. (low deposit of $100 and the same OBC perks.) We have used the heck out of our coupons and helped our friends same money.[/quote]These are no longer offered. This aspect of the open-booking program was discontinued over a year ago. I was not able to use the coupons or use FCC's I have when our in-laws booked a cruise with us. We did get the $25 referral credit.

[quote name='spongerob']These are no longer offered. This aspect of the open-booking program was discontinued over a year ago. I was not able to use the coupons or use FCC's I have when our in-laws booked a cruise with us. We did get the $25 referral credit.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Rob.. On our cruise this past October I bought 2 FCCs. With them I received 2 coupons to give to friends. What I can see the only difference between those and the older ones is that they no longer offer the $100pp deposit. The onboard credits are still in place. $25-$150pp depending on the type of room and length of cruise.[/COLOR][/FONT]

You're right. The wording has been changed and the part that gives your friends and family the same lowered discount has been removed. You can still get the referral credit by following the instructions on the card, if that program is still in effect. I don't believe that they get any additional OBC's other than the referral credit, however, if they book with you. I didn't ask my in-laws about that, so I'm not positive on that subject.

We (DH & I) are going on the CB in Feb 2007. However, we know right now that we want to book 2 balcony cabins on the Grand in for March 2008, including the kids. Should we wait til we're onboard the CB in Feb to book? We have a fantastic TA who we will be using, but what are the advantages of waiting to book while we're on board the CB in February and then transferring the booking to our TA? Right now, the price on the Princess website seems pretty good, so that's why I'm leary of waiting til Feb to book. Also, might be a better choice of cabins available right now. Are the on board credits that good? What are the on board credits for booking a 7 night while on board? Any help with this would be appreciated!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Black]Rob.. There is no referral credit stated on the card just the $25-$150pp OBC. You do not get anything, just the people you gave the card to. If you want to see it, I can scan it and email to you.[/COLOR][/FONT]

thanks for the info Toto.

[quote name='Toto2Kansas']Princess also offers you shipboard credit for booking onboard. The amount is based on the length of sailing and cabin type you book. Even though you can pick up a cruise when specials are on with some agents for the $100 pp booking fee, when Princess offers the shipboard credit, it can be combined with other shipboard credits offered by travel agencys. We have had up to $650 shipboard credit before combining what Princess offered for booking onboard, and the credit offered by the TA for that cruise.[/quote]

Archived