What to do in Buenos Aires between disembark ship in am and late flight home?

travel_lady

We (4 adults) are finishing our Insignia cruise on February 21 in Buenos Aires. We have already spent 3 days in BA several years ago and hit all the high spots. We are looking for some suggestions on what to do - where to leave our luggage, relax, etc. Anyone know of day rates at hotels in BA? Or what do others do with that "free" day if a sightseeing tour is not needed?

Any suggestions would be welcome!

I think you have the right approach. If you do not want to tour around I would start looking at hotels to see if any offer day rates. There are several that are US chains so you might want to start with them as you can contact the 800 number to inquire about day rates.

I'm sure you know this but most of the airline counters don't open up until around 5:30 PM since most of the flights leave at night and within a few hours of each other. When you do go to the airport give yourself lots of time there as you will wait on various lines. When you do finally get your boarding passes you will need to go to another area of the airport to pay your airport exit fee. There is only one line for that. After that you will go on a security line and will also be checked at least one more time. So, do give yourself time. I would see when your airline counter opens up (you can usually find this on the web or by calling the 800 airline number from the US) and get to the ticket counter a few minutes before that. But, for the rest of the day, a day room would be the way to go.

Keith

Archived