Ft. Lauderdale Lodging

dizkid

We are planning to fly in the night before our Feb 27th, 2005 sailing. Where would be a good place to stay? We don't plan on renting a car, so shuttle service, or cheap taxi service, is a must.

tks
paul aka dizkid

Hi.:) ...17th Street is right near the Pier...lots of hotels are there...Embassy Suites, Amerisuites, Renassiance, Hyatt, a couple of Marriotts....

Best suggestion would be to try Priceline.....you can find some great prices...as long as you don't have a specific preference for accomodations. You bid for a hotel...but you don't find out what hotel you get...unless your bid is accepted.

Embassy Suites on 17th is a nice pre-cruise hotel. They shuttle you from the airport and to the port the next morning. Hot breakfast included. Rates as low as $55 through Hotwire. It's category is "distinctive" (3 or 3 and a half stars- can't remember) and there's a red "S" in the description. See more info on betterbidding.com for help using priceline and hotwire.

Bid for a 3* Downtown in Fort Lauderdale and you will get either the Marriott Marina or Embassy suites. Check Biddingfortravel.com to get info on how to bid on Priceline and recent winning bids. I usually get the Marriott Marina for less than $60 per night. Great area with lots of shops and restaurants and they will usually give you a tower room with a view of the Port.

Embassy Suites was $133 this week on Hotwire for December 5. We are booked on the Westerdam.
I bid on Priceline ($75 plus tax) and was upgraded to Renaissance:confused:. It is a 4.
I wanted Embassy Suites and am really disappointed.
Has anyone stayed there before and is it close to other shopping and restaurants? Is it very far from Embassy Suites? I did call the hotel and they told me that they have conracted with a shuttle to the port for $3 a person and we can leave our car there at the hotel for $8 a night. No shuttle svc back from the port.
I think you have no choice but valet parking, $15 a night. I asked about self parking and they said it is the same price.:(

:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta]We have stayed at the Embassy Suites many times before and after cruises. They have a manager's cocktail party each evening from 5:30 - 7:30. Each morning there is full breakfast buffet - eggs made to order, pancakes, french toast, cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, hot cereal, creamed chicken and biscuits, juices.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]They provided transportation to and from the airport and to and from the pier.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]They have a heated pool and whirlpool.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]They are close to Publix, Eckards, Win-Dixie,a small shoppiong mall, lots of restaurants, [/color][/font][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]and a new small shopping mall is suppose to open sometime this fall.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]The Renaissance is about 3 blocks from the Embassy and also handy to the above mentioned.[/color][/font]

Angie...the Renassiance is right near all the good spots on 17th Street!:)
Near shopping and restaurants too......one of my favorite places to eat is just across the parking lot from your hotel...its Italian and its called "Bravo"...I have eaten there twice...both Pre-cruise dinners......LOVE IT:D and I would go there again in a heartbeat.
You are in a great location!

i have booked Amerisuites for 75$ for Dec 11....they have free parking for the week, and free shuttles to and from port and airport as well. valuetrips.com has a special rate and it can be cancelled up to 24 hrs before the date (in case i find something much better)

Archived