My QM2 pix

Freckles67

Hi Edward,

I see that you live in Ft. Lauderdale. I have to tell you, sailing out of your Port Everglades was excellent! Many people in the tall condo buildings blinked their lights at us. I blinked our balcony light back at them. Also, there was a parade of boats with Christmas lights that had stopped to let QM2 sail out into the channel.... it was beautiful! You live in a lovely place.

Cheers, Freckles

Thank you, Freckles -- I agree.

I am very fortunate in that I live right at the port entrance in Harbor Beach and am able to see the ships sail in and out.

It is always quite festive (especially) when either QM2 or QE2 sail out, as you observed.

Happy New Year!

Edward

Nancy,

You have got one great eye!

you took some very artistic shots. Somehow, though I have been on her twice this year, I swear, looking it her through your camera's eye, you were on a whole different ship. One newer, sparklier, more gentile. Unbelieveable!

And who was that motley (and adorable) crew in the Commodore! You looked like you were all miserable(NOT!)

Wish I could have joined you.

Now talk about your let-downs.

Home from the cruise, no doubt, for most of you, not another in sight for a while, and even Christmas has com and gone! No wonder bears hibernate in winter!

Karie,

who is so-o-o-o jealous. Not sure WHEN we'll get to sign up again! . Got to renew the passports, and have to spend the next six months baby-sitting quarantined cats, unless we can get a vet tech to watch them for us while we're gone!

P.S. Vic! Was the goateed one you? You young thing you!

BTW, I FINALLY got the new Buffett CD for Xmas- It's growing on me, but it's no Barameter Soup, and surely no A1A or Pink Crustacean! (or even Off to See the Lizard! or Hot Water!) oh, also got the new Hiaasen book

P.S. Vic! Was the goateed one you? You young thing you!

BTW, I FINALLY got the new Buffett CD for Xmas- It's growing on me, but it's no Barameter Soup, and surely no A1A or Pink Crustacean! (or even Off to See the Lizard! or Hot Water!) oh, also got the new Hiaasen book

Awwww shucks! :redface:

I'm not young, trust me LOL

I still haven't got the new cd as of yet, but still lookin.

What's it called again ??

"Bring the weather with you" ?

And who was that motley (and adorable) crew in the Commodore! You looked like you were all miserable(NOT!)

I have to confess to being one of the motley Commodore bunch- sure wish I was back there again:Next up FOS April, 2007 rolleyes: :p Happy and a Safe New Year to all!!!!Ellen

Could you enlight me about the renewing of your vows? How does it works? Is it something you have to book? Pay? Any information will be appreciate.

In the QM2 Daily Programme there was a listing in the schedule of events for a meeting if interested in renewing vows. My husband and I went to the meeting. We signed up, there was no charge. Altogether there were 19 couples. The Catholic priest led the ceremony. The Cunard photographer took pictures (available for a fee) and there was champagne after the ceremony (for a fee). We were given a nice certificate (no fee for that!) and the priest blessed each couple individually (not everyone wanted to be blessed, and it was not mandatory, but it was a very nice and personal moment with the priest.)

They do not put the date and time of the actual ceremony in the Daily Programme, only the announcement for the meeting , which is two days before the ceremony. We were told that they didn't publicize the ceremony because they didn't want people gawking at us, they wanted it to be more private. But we could invite friends and family to witness the event.

It was really lovely and I would encourage you to participate. When we got home from the cruise my husband bought me a new diamond ring to commemorate our vows renewal! ;)

Married or not, 17 years is worthy of recognition. (I always say that I can recognize diamonds a mile away!) :D Yes, my hubby is a keeper. He may not smile for my camera, but that's his only fault, and he's smiling on the inside. He is a real gem.

I forgot to mention... the vow renewal was held in the Queens Room. Rows of chairs were set up in the middle of the dance floor. We all stood, turned toward our hubby or wife, and held hands. First the men said their vows in unison, then the women. The only thing missing was the kiss at the end. I thought that was odd, but I got mine a little later.;)

Great pics Nancy, especially the lovely ones of the Cruise Critic get together (oh yeah, we were there and part of the get together , wish we were back on the ship:eek: :p ) Dan and Ellen

Hi Nancy, Dan, Ellen, Mary and others from C-critic.

Hello from Vic (Greydog) - my cruise review is posted on Celebrity board and has had 800 'reads', 24 replies.

I'm going to revise and add to it and post an updated review next week on the Cunard Board.

Great to meet you all and Happy Holidays.

Hi Nancy, Dan, Ellen, Mary and others from C-critic.

Hello from Vic (Greydog) - my cruise review is posted on Celebrity board and has had 800 'reads', 24 replies.

I'm going to revise and add to it and post an updated review next week on the Cunard Board.

Great to meet you all and Happy Holidays.

You mean there was 'another' Vic on board last week??

:D

Archived