Shogun Live from The Sun

Shogun

Hi Folks,

Quick up date Shogun wonm $200 on the slots.

Captain has told us the bug alert is lifted, as this ship is now so clean we have less illness than a normal cruise.

Parts for Engine arriving tomorrow.

While we will be late into Barbados we are getting to stay an extra hour.

Princess will be making an offer to us.

Now the Room steward.

First you should not see them,

Then you should find them when you need them,

The room should be clean and tidy

But ours even collects our shoes and lines them up under the table.

Papers are collected and stacked in a neat order.

Supplies are topped up before they run out, if these means having three of things rather than two so be it.

Little problems are fixed before we can report them.

She is in and out as soon as we leave the room, we never return to an unmade bed etc,

Any requests are seen to within minutes fruit, knife robes extra towels.

Even got get extra chocolates on bed tonight.

yours A happy Shogun

Shogun, it sounds like you have the room steward to die for...jk. Seems like things are going to get back to normal on the Sun. I have such great memories of our sailing on the Sun as it was my second Princess cruise and I loved the ship and the 10 day Southern Caribbean itinerary. Keep having a wonderful time and continue to "not sweat the small stuff".

No, the Sun Princess is not being retired, nor has she been sold.

She is going to P&O Australia for a six months deployment, much as Pacific Princess (new) has done in the past. Some of Sun Princess's cruises while with P&O Australia are in Princess brochures and are being marketed in the US, although it apears that Princess' past passenger perks will not apply!

We are booked on the SUN in September for the transpacific from Seattle to Sydney and once she is P&O doing the cruises down under I don't think they give the same perks, we could not use our FCC to book either:eek: :D

Hi Folks,

Weather in Barbados best to date, been on tour 4 by 4 to monkey reserve, and boy does my butt hurt nothing to do with the monkeys but our driver went off road off trail and off ground every time we came back down we all bonced about back of jeep, great fun do it again but not for the old or the very young.

We can now feed ourselves as ship has been given all clear , loos all open again etc.

PS Won 3205 25cents coins on the slots last night this cruise is gretting better all the time.

yours Shogun

Shogun, it is quite refreshing to read a live from thread and obviously things have happened but you just take it in stride. Gotta love it.

By the way, The Sun does not have Movies under the Stars. Only the Crown, Sea, Caribbean and the Grand have it.

Marilyn

Hi Folks,

Movies on board are shown in vista and the main show lounge then repeated on the cabin TV.

The range has been excellant and quite new, Superman3 MI3 That code thingy one. Ice Age 2 etc.

Captain is Roger Briton.for who asked

In port today were 4 other ships a RCI , the Braemar, Minirva 2 and some other one.

No word on engines so assume everything OK.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun, I'm LOVING your reports! No negativity! Yeah! m From reading the other "oints of view"I was beginning to wonder if I was expecting too much from the Sun ( sailed her in 2005 and loved it) Any day on a Caribbean cruise beats Winter in the North. Any cooking I don't have to do is great and NO houswork seals the deal. Add in some hot sun and salt water... pretty hard to complain.Keep on having fun!

Shogun: Great reports in that you manage to keep a good attitude. We got off the Sun right before you got on. Several passengers were staying on for back-to-back cruises. (But I was most jealous of the woman we had lunch with one day who was going on the QM2.)

According to the CDC's website, only the 11/30-12/10 Sun Princess cruise had the norovirus outbreak that reached its reporting threshold (3 percent). But the website may not have been updated for the 12/10 and 12/20 cruises yet. Captain Bilton did announce during our cruise that the number of cases had peaked early in the cruise, most likely from passengers who had been exposed before boarding, and had declined toward the end.

Thanks Shogun - yours is the kind of live from thread that is most helpful to those planning a cruise on that ship. As others have done - we express our gratitude for your attitude!

Hope to meet you onboard someday - you are our favorite kind of fellow cruiser!

Julie & Joe

Hi Folks,

Sailing at full speed engines were fixed today

another day another island, Dominca today first time here, not like other islands, no sandy beeches, no lines of shops.

This is the eco island green , green and more green moutains waterfalls etc and lots of rain.

Did the aireal tram now if you like rain forest stuff etc a must if not you will not like this tour, do not take the lunch option sandwich and a juice is not worth it.

People very nice, only small wooden peir, only ship in town today, would go back but this is not St Thomas.

Went to the movies last night, 8 Below was on today.

Feeding time now so off to find a place to eat.

yours Shogun

Archived