Ft. Lauderdale airport vs. Miami

Nickymjw1

We had a horrible experience last year in Miami Airport coming back from ourcruise They had us walking 2 hrs non-stop changing the gate!! From concourse A to C, then D and finally back to A at the original gate!! Every time we made it to the gate listed they changed it! There were elderly people, that eventually needed a wheelchair, then there were not enough wheelchairs, etc. It was horrible. So my husband does not want to fly to Miami again, and prefers driving 3 hrs to Charleston to catch the Majesty. Even though I love the Majesty, I would love to go out of Miami due to better itinerary and newer ship.

Can someone give me some info on Ft. Lauderdale airport? I need some ideas to convince DH to fly down after all. Is Ft. Lauderdale a large airport? Is it as crowded end of March as Miami Airport is? Any pro's vs. Miami?

Thanks for your input ahead of time! The NCL Jewel is calling my name,..but not DH's right now..:o

We ALWAYS preferentially fly into FLL as opposed to MIami. We then get a car service to the Miami pier or hotel. Never had a problem. It is much easier than Miami airport and less crowded. It is actually cheaper for us to fly to FLL, rent a limo and go to Miami than to fly direct to Miami (go figure)

We ALWAYS preferentially fly into FLL as opposed to MIami. We then get a car service to the Miami pier or hotel. Never had a problem. It is much easier than Miami airport and less crowded. It is actually cheaper for us to fly to FLL, rent a limo and go to Miami than to fly direct to Miami (go figure)

Hi, I always fly into FLL as well:)

Even If I am sailing out of Miami, I will use the cruiseline's

bus transfers to get down to the port of Miami.

FLL is easy to get around.....and it is MUCH CHEAPER for me:D

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE:)

We originally booked a cruise out of Miami, but airfare into FLL was much cheaper, so we decided we'd fly there then transfer to Miami.

Well, things changed and we decided to change our ship to the Carnival Liberty, which leaves out of Fort Lauderdale.

Are there any ships out of Fort Lauderdale that appeal to you? Just a suggestion. :)

sailed from miami, but flight was to fll and return was from miami. flew into fll and used florida limo meet and greet. booked online, for four of us cost was 86.00 which included tip. very smooth and almost no hassles at Fll. Our return was through miami and that was a complete disaster. as the previous poster said they were crowded and not helpful at all. we waited in three different lines only to find out each time that the lines were not real lines. If possible avoid Miami airport. Lat time we cruised, we went day early to Fll,rented a car, stayed in Fll the night and returned the car to miami airport and used their shuttle to the pier. I believe it was budget

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale the day before our cruise, renting a car and dropping it at our hotel in Miami the next day (Enterprise has a location at our hotel).

The flights were more convenient for us out of Ft. Lauderdale than Miami

Which hotel are you staying at? Looking at flying into FLL vs MIA and renting a car. Just don't know who/where.

Do they offer a shuttle to the port?

Archived