Onboard Future Cruise Booking

hcviana

Like most people with kids, we normally schedule our vacations around the school calendar.

During past cruises, I've heard that if one books a future cruise on board, they give you some kind of discount or credit.

Question: if we book a future cruise on board and then decide to change the date once next year's school calendar comes out, do they let you transfer the discount/credit to the new cruise???

Like most people with kids, we normally schedule our vacations around the school calendar.

During past cruises, I've heard that if one books a future cruise on board, they give you some kind of discount or credit.

Question: if we book a future cruise on board and then decide to change the date once next year's school calendar comes out, do they let you transfer the discount/credit to the new cruise???

As long as you keep your original booking number. If you cancel and rebook you will lose it.

Yes, by all means book a cruise while onboard to get that OBC(Onboard Credit). Make sure that the cruise you might change to has the same number of days (OBC depends on number of days cruising.....the more days, the more OBC) then when you get home, if you have to change for any reason......keep THE BOOKING NUMBER, but change the ship/itinerary/date. You would just be transferring info.......if you cancel the cruise booked onboard and start all over again..............you will lose the OBC.

As far as discounts, depends on how many cruises you have done with RCI and what position you are in C&A.............Gold, Platinum, Diamond. A good Loyalty Ambassador will explain all of this to you.

Happy cruising.

What happens ...I will be cruising in Feb. and want to book future cruise.. so I will get the OBC.. however this next cruise will also make me Platinum at the completion....??

Then you should get the Platinum Members discount. Make sure that you tell the LA that you will reach Platinum after the completion of that cruise. I know that the saying is that you only reach a level after completion of a cruise..............however, since you are already on a cruise........and I really don't think you are going to jump ship midway through.........you should get the better discount.

We booked onboard for a 7 day cruise and then changed to a 9 day one (for 2 rooms). We got a $100 onboard credit for each room at the time of the booking. When we changed to a longer cruise we were told we would still only be eligible for the $100 on board credit not bumped up to the $200. Is this correct or were we misinformed? I would love to receive the higher amount if we are eligible for it. Does anyone know the official policy? I was told this by the RCI agent who made the reservation change for us. It made me think that in the future I should always reserve a longer cruise for the higher credit amount and then change it as suits us. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

We booked onboard for a 7 day cruise and then changed to a 9 day one (for 2 rooms). We got a $100 onboard credit for each room at the time of the booking. When we changed to a longer cruise we were told we would still only be eligible for the $100 on board credit not bumped up to the $200. Is this correct or were we misinformed? I would love to receive the higher amount if we are eligible for it. Does anyone know the official policy? I was told this by the RCI agent who made the reservation change for us. It made me think that in the future I should always reserve a longer cruise for the higher credit amount and then change it as suits us. Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

We booked a cruise onboard and switched to a longer one later and were told same thing. I posted the thread and received interesting answers some yes you get the larger OBC, some you don't. I asked if you book a 13 night and switch to a 3 nite, do you get the larger amount?

Another said call back until you get the answer you want. If you book a longer cruise, you pay a larger deposit. Looks like they are switching to a system where you can book a cruise onboard open-ended and switch later. Forget what it's called.

Fairness would be you get the credit for whatever you actually cruise on. Common sense. I don't think we should have to manipulate the system and find loop holes. I just want to cruise!

Fairness would be you get the credit for whatever you actually cruise on. Common sense. I don't think we should have to manipulate the system and find loop holes. I just want to cruise!

I have come to believe that calling RCI customer service until you get the fair answer is the only option! I would love to attend the training (if there is any:confused: ) that the RCI reps go through...I've never experienced such wide range of answers from calling one rep to the next.

Twice we have booked on board then changed length and ships to cruise. Both times we have gotton the correct credit for the length changed. If you can't get reservations to do it for you try calling the crown and anchor rep. We will always book something on board even if we're not sure about the dates so we can get our credit.

Update - I called RCI today and asked again. This person checked with customer service and said that I would be given OBC for the "appropriate" amount for the length of the cruise we changed to. That means an extra $200 in OBC for us!!! Thanks for the info everyone.

Update - I called RCI today and asked again. This person checked with customer service and said that I would be given OBC for the "appropriate" amount for the length of the cruise we changed to. That means an extra $200 in OBC for us!!! Thanks for the info everyone.

I would ask RCCL to email you a copy of your invoice so you can check the amount of the OBC prior to getting on the ship... Anytime that we do anything that changes our OBC, coupon credit, or diamond balcony credit, we have them send us a new invoice. Then I bring it on the ship with me so if the ship isn't showing the OBC credit correctly, I have documentation of what it should be... They've always been correct, but I have it just in case...

Archived