Dining room dress code breakfast/lunch

RedC

Happy New Year everyone! I'm getting ready to go on my 3rd cruise (on Jan 21 on Freedom of the Seas!) I've never chosen to go to the dining room for breakfast or lunch but thought we may go some this trip. Is there a certain dress code for the dining room during breakfast and lunch?

Also, do you have to be in the dining room by a specific time in order to be served?

Thanks in advance.

We prefer the dining room for breakfast (and some lunches), since you are waited on! No juggling trays, drinks, and looking for clean tables! Much nicer experience! If we're at the pool, and don't want to change, we will run into Windjammer and pick something up, but most of the time, the dining room is the way to go!

Breakfast is approximately between 8 and 10 a.m. and lunch between noon and 2 p.m. However, these times change depending on whether it is a sea day or a port day. Check your Cruise Compass which the steward leaves in your room for exact times each day.

We prefer the dining room for breakfast... No juggling trays, drinks, and looking for clean tables! Much nicer experience!

Above are the good reasons to enjoy the dining room, and reflect why we try this on each cruise at least once.

The negatives for us are being stacked at full tables with strangers for one meal. I can share that in the most recent trips once a person asks what I "do for a living" I have been questioned about treating hot flashes and growth hormone. Makes for some nifty chat between bites of the omlet.

I really like being forward in the Windjammer and at a table with just my wife and family.

We will stay late at dinner with our newly met tablemates and meet up again later for seating at the shows, but I've been on a streak of bad luck for dining room meals other than dinner.

Having been on the Voyager December 16-23, I don't think there is a dining room dress code at any meal. We saw jeans, shorts, t shirts, etc. at dinner every night, including formal. There was no enforcement, so we concluded that anything was okay!:(

Also, tank tops for men are not allowed in the dining room. Our son-in-law was asked to change before eating lunch in the dining room. These "rules" probably vary from ship to ship as do many of RCCL's "rules".

Archived