Babies and strippers on Sensation

heyitsmejudy

Just back from Christmas cruise on Sensation and it was WONDERFUL. Highlight was prob. swimming with sharks in Nassau through Stewart Coves.

OR.... the hoochie in Club 02 (yes, the teen club.) I went in to check on the 15-y-o brother and found a gal "dancing" with a young lad grinding on her from behind. The "supervisor" apparently didn't find the sight as disturbing as I and just left them to their business. I made sure the brother knew I was glad he wasn't taking part in it. Seriously, the chick was a pole away from dancing at the Cheetah.

I heard a woman had twins on board the night we were in Nassau. Has anyone heard anything about this? I assume they were premies since I thought you couldn't sail past a certain month of a pregnancy.

Just back from Christmas cruise on Sensation and it was WONDERFUL. Highlight was prob. swimming with sharks in Nassau through Stewart Coves.

OR.... the hoochie in Club 02 (yes, the teen club.) I went in to check on the 15-y-o brother and found a gal "dancing" with a young lad grinding on her from behind. The "supervisor" apparently didn't find the sight as disturbing as I and just left them to their business. I made sure the brother knew I was glad he wasn't taking part in it. Seriously, the chick was a pole away from dancing at the Cheetah.

I heard a woman had twins on board the night we were in Nassau. Has anyone heard anything about this? I assume they were premies since I thought you couldn't sail past a certain month of a pregnancy.

tenn age girls these days shock the h*ll out of me. just can't believe what i see sometimes. Glad you had a good time. and about the twins, it'll be curious to find out that story. cld she have lied or do you need a doctor's note. anyone know?

tenn age girls these days shock the h*ll out of me. just can't believe what i see sometimes. Glad you had a good time. and about the twins, it'll be curious to find out that story. cld she have lied or do you need a doctor's note. anyone know?

I'm telling you, I'm surprised you couldn't charge dollar bills to your sail and sign card! It really was shocking. I'm FAR from a prude, but if I dress or acted the way some of the girls did on that boat... someone, either my dad, mom or someone would have snatched me up by the a** so fast I'd have asked for good sense for Christmas. Unreal.

In all, though, I have to admit the kids were well behaved. I was nervous since it was Christmas week, but the kids doing the scavenger hunt were a hoot, my brother made some GREAT friends (no strippers) who he's already emailing back and forth. A few bad seeds, but all in all, the kids were cool.

Me too! LOL! Sadly, this is not uncommon at all!! Even at a younger age than 15... Considering the new stat is that 1 in 5 middle school children are having sex, it's not surprising to see how suggestive the dancing is in this age group... and that age just keeps getting lower and lower...:( very sad...

Sadly, I am not surprised about the teenagers. It seems that probably most of their life, that is the type of dancing they have seen. They are part of the Britney Spears, Christina Aguillera, etc...generation. And my parents were worried about the effect Madonna might have on my life;) . I don't think they (teens) mean to be as "nasty" as they appear when they bump and grind. When they look back 10-20 years from now they will be embarrassed I am sure.

As far as someone giving birth to twins on board, I highly doubt that unless they were extrememly preemie. I did however know a girl in highschool that managed to hide her entire pregnancy and adoption from her parents and the school. Not twins, but a full term little girl. If someone lied to get on board after the cut off they should be responsible for whatever happens. I gave birth 16 weeks early and my son would not have survived without the NICU staff and equipment available in our advanced hospital. I cannot imagine that a ship would have the means neccesary to assist someone to deliver that early and have the babies survive.

I was at the Mall last week and could not believe the way the children were dressed, the girls (12 or 13) looked like mini hookers with short skirts and knee high boots.

My Mama would have whipped me go if i would have even thought about wearing stuff like that:eek:

But i guess times and fashion has changed.

You are supposed to have a Doctors not to cruise Pregnant but have heard they don't ask for it most of the time.

I was at the Mall last week and could not believe the way the children were dressed, the girls (12 or 13) looked like mini hookers with short skirts and knee high boots.

My Mama would have whipped me go if i would have even thought about wearing stuff like that:eek:

But i guess times and fashion has changed.

You are supposed to have a Doctors not to cruise Pregnant but have heard they don't ask for it most of the time.

We call them prostitots. Sadly, some parents think it's cute when their children dress as adults. Their moms probably dress the same way, only thing worse then a mom over 40 wearing a belly shirt, mutton dressed up as lamb.

I'm telling you, I'm surprised you couldn't charge dollar bills to your sail and sign card! It really was shocking. I'm FAR from a prude, but if I dress or acted the way some of the girls did on that boat... someone, either my dad, mom or someone would have snatched me up by the a** so fast I'd have asked for good sense for Christmas. Unreal.

In all, though, I have to admit the kids were well behaved. I was nervous since it was Christmas week, but the kids doing the scavenger hunt were a hoot, my brother made some GREAT friends (no strippers) who he's already emailing back and forth. A few bad seeds, but all in all, the kids were cool.

It's not only the kids you see doing this kinda stuff.. if they follow by example of what some of the adults do in plain view on the lido deck.. I am not surprised:eek: :rolleyes:

I haven't seen dancing like that (yet) on a cruise ship (thank goodness) but I have while chaperoning at a school dance....a Jr. High School dance. Also have seen elementary kids dance very seductively at campground-dances. :eek:SHOCKED the heck out of me! :eek:

Too bad this is the trend of 'dancing' these days for teens.

And my parents thought that we danced terrible in the '70s (hippie-days)--HAHHHHHHHH.....nothing like they do nowadays!

Me too! LOL! Sadly, this is not uncommon at all!! Even at a younger age than 15... Considering the new stat is that 1 in 5 middle school children are having sex, it's not surprising to see how suggestive the dancing is in this age group... and that age just keeps getting lower and lower...:( very sad...

when we went to Grand Turk last summer there was a contest at Margaritaville seeing who could shake it the best. There was a girl there that finished in 2nd place. Her proud mom was cheering her on like crazy. Turned out she was only 12. If I had a 12 year old there would be no way they would be getting on any stage shaking their butts. I couldn't believe the mother was encouraging this.:(

Bill

Kids are still shocking their parents/elders. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Children nowadays are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food and tyrannise their teachers. Socrates

Sadly, some parents think it's cute when their children dress as adults. Their moms probably dress the same way, only thing worse then a mom over 40 wearing a belly shirt, mutton dressed up as lamb.

Don't know your whole experience but have you tried to shop for clothes for young girls? The choices for modest, respectable clothes are slim. I work in a school and am an Auntie to 11 and it is darn hard to find decent clothes that don't have words across the butt or low cut or just plain cheap looking.

Sure some moms might like the look for their kid but lots of moms (and aunties) are as frustrated as you are offended! I'm with you.

Children nowadays are tyrants. They contradict their parents, gobble their food and tyrannise their teachers. Socrates

Derf.. This kind of behavior has happened generation to generation.. IMHO it seems that the next generation seems to try and push the envelope further and futher each time.. Yes it is some what disturbing, but what am I to do about it with DD??

Before you toss out admonishments, please think of what you did as a teen, that would have driven your parents or grandparents up a wall.. If they would have know about such activity..

<mumbling> Kids today </mumbling> Shakes head and walks off!!

I'm pretty sure it's a given the boys will do anything and everything the girls will let them. I know I would have at that age, hell I would now if I didn't have a girl who'd kill me :D

Seriously - teenage boys are incapable of rational thought when it comes to sexual advances towards girls. Period. Does it excuse them if they do something wrong - absolutely not, they're still responsible for their actions. It's like waving a steak in front of a starving wolf, yes if you're attacked the wolf did it but you're still a moron for egging it on.

Don't know your whole experience but have you tried to shop for clothes for young girls? The choices for modest, respectable clothes are slim. I work in a school and am an Auntie to 11 and it is darn hard to find decent clothes that don't have words across the butt or low cut or just plain cheap looking.

Sure some moms might like the look for their kid but lots of moms (and aunties) are as frustrated as you are offended! I'm with you.

I've volunteered with a female youth organization for 20 years and I have 3 nieces ages 9, 11 and 16, for whom I occasionally I try to buy. I guess I've been lucky that I've been able to find decent, age appropriate clothing which, while trendy and flattering to the girls does not leave them looking like prostitots.

The girls I work with are pre and young teens and I've seen all manner of dress, mostly either inapropriate or not at all flattering to their body types. We are a uniformed organization, never-the-less it seems that every meeting night they just couldn't find their uniforms or they were in the laundry.

The only consession to current trends that I gave in to for my nieces this Christmas was I gave them Crocs for Christmas. Their mother wouldn't buy them for them and I actually am a hold out on buying them for myself LOL.

when we went to Grand Turk last summer there was a contest at Margaritaville seeing who could shake it the best. There was a girl there that finished in 2nd place. Her proud mom was cheering her on like crazy. Turned out she was only 12. If I had a 12 year old there would be no way they would be getting on any stage shaking their butts. I couldn't believe the mother was encouraging this.:(

Bill

1. Apples never fall far from trees.

2. These are the very parents whom will cry, b*tch and seem "so distraught" if something happens to their "little angels".

I have a 14 year old daughter (then 12) who tried to go to school looking like a prostitot one day--I went in and cleaned out every drawer she had and now she wears clothes that actually fit her (these were clothes she had from the previous step mom when I married her dad)--as opposed to those 3 sizes too small. I say that if you cannot find clothes that don't make a child look like a prostitot you aren't shopping in the right stores. I think that it all goes back to who is actually running the house--the kids or the parents.

Thing is, this is never going to change until society does. Every advertising exec in the world knows--sex sells. Period. Just sad to see it in such young kids. And to the poster who asked what I did to stress my parents--I was a teenager from 1976 to 1982 and no, I never saw anyone of my peers dressed such that you see kids from 13-17 dressed today. Not one. I think this is something that is getting progressively worse with each passing year.

Just my $.02

Archived