$50.00 per person shipboard credit

Orcrone

Clopaw,

Sounds like you received the proverbial lemons and made lemonade. Your cruise was overbooked, so you got on another with a longer itinerary, with some nice incentives, a higher cabin category and a refund. And then a shipboard credit on top of it all.

Nice going.:)

We have no complaints whatsoever. The change was voluntary on our part; we just bargained with them. The first offer was just to push our Maasdam booking back one or two weeks. That didn't fit with my work schedule, so we said no. They kept upping the ante till we couldn't refuse!

Figure this one out! We leave this coming Sat. (10/2) for the Panama Canal. Checked in June with our TA and was told we were not eligible for credit. After continually reading on the Boards about everyone getting credit I contacted HA via e-mail and received $75 per person credit.(The voucher was included in my docs.). The strange part is the couple traveling with us (I made the reservations for both of us at the same time) was told they were not eligible after I received the credit. This couple didn't followup because of a serious illness had to cancel. How can one couple get the credit and the othetr not qualify when the reservations were made at the same time thru our TA? All I can say to those turned down "keep trying".

Thank you Orcrone! I had my TA call and we did indeed get 100.00 per person S/B Credit (since we are booked in a suite)!! I really appreciate you and all the others who so kindly notify us of these special offers. I know I had an unbelievable savings occur for us on our Statendam cruise last December thanks to people like you on cruisecritic. Cheers!

:) I just got off the phone with my TA, who got that 7031 code applied toute suite! $50 per person for each of the 4 of us, yahoooo!

Btw, I also changed my table size to 8 from 4 because of all of the nice things you guys have to say about your tablemates...I don't want to miss out in meeting some of you in February on the Westerdam!

Thanks to this thread and Orcrone, I now have a $100 shipboard credit which as of two weeks ago did'nt exist. I and my daughter are on the 12/12/04 Oosterdam cruise. One mention of promo 7031 did the trick. We used an online agency. Thanks again.

[quote name='since1982']According to my TA credit only applies to first two people under code 7031. Do you have more than two people in a cabin or do you have two cabins?[/QUOTE]
Oh, I should have said....we have one cabin, and our best friends have the cabin next door, so while we are travelling together, we are NOT bunking together. We were able to apply the credit to both cabins.

We're book on Ryndam on 1-13-05 for the canal cruise. My TA checked with HAL twice and was told the promo (and we are Mariners) was only good in 2004. Interesting how the stories change. It seems that people on European cruises in 2005 are getting this too. Anyone on a canal cruise in 2005 that has gotten this promo? I'd love to have a $100 credit to use.

Bobbie

I called HAL regarding my cruise on October 16th (coming up soon), after the NO from HAL, saying we did not qualify for the credit, I called my TA and yes we did finally receive this credit.
I think it was the 7032 for Mariners, $50. p.p.
Thank you for letting us know about this one.
CanSail

• 3 years later...
There is a good deal if you go to the Cruise Consultant on board. You can book a cruise with only a $100 deposit each, and there are no more payments until the final is due. Your will also get a shipboard credit.
You can also add family and friends at the same deposit.
If you want to add a cancellation plan you have to do so aboard ship at the same time.
A bonus for your travel agent. Even though you book onboard the agent can follow through on details by entering your Mariner number, and he or she will get the regular commission.

[quote name='Charliesmom']It's nice that HAL will work directly with you. I just emailed to make sure that my American Express Platinum Card $300.00 shipboard credit is in place. MY TA said it was, but I have seen nothing in writing to confirm it.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Roberta[/quote]

Charliesmom: Did you get the $300 shipboard credit without using Platinum Travel Services?

The promo does not still apply.

A fairly new poster dug it up and posted about about booking on board for only 100 deposit and receiving an OBC.

The subject of this thread was OBC and I think he was trying to be helpful and let others know how to get an OBC by booking on board. :)

[quote name='blue whale']Thanks for the 7032 promo #. Hope we are not too late![/QUOTE]

[B]The original post may be old BUT I called my TA and gave her the number 7032, she called HAL and guess what? We now have $100 credit on EACH of our 2 cruises booked for next year. :) If you do not try you will never know.
I am a happy camper and all it took was a phone call.;)

Maybe I just have a very friendly and very good TA!![/B]

Archived