$50.00 per person shipboard credit

Orcrone

Tina..thanks for the heads up on the other thread....lets see what my TA can do for me now....I told her there was another solo cruiser who got 50.00....

You saved us quite a bit. TA was able to get us $150 each in onboard credits for our 16 nt Prinsendame cruise. Also got it for my 2 Sisters. A total of $600 - not too shabby. Thanks again for the heads up.

[quote name='Orcrone']Actually, I found out on Cruise Addicts, and many people continued to learn about it as the thread kept getting bumped to the top.

I figured CC members might as well learn about them also.

These boards are the best source of info.:)[/QUOTE]

Hi Orcrone,

Could you tell me under what category did you find HAL $50 shipboard account at Cruise Addicts? I called HAL on Friday after reading this thread and was told it does not apply for our booking (we will be Zuiderdam 8/28). One person from this sailing already got this shipboard account I know off. I will try to call HAL again on Monday to find more or call my TA (after the final payment sometime it is hard to get TA to do extra stuff) to check it out.

Thanks

After reading this thread earlier today, I emailed CVC and received a very prompt reply to the effect that HAL said "no". We HAVE got what we consider to be a remarkably low price for our ten day Caribbean cruise on the Volendam on November 26. We have a K cabin for $1528. We definitely could not find a comparable UK holiday for that price. Is that price inexpensive or should I still be looking for the shipboard credit?

ChattTenn,

You'll have to do a search on the HAL board over there. It's probably from about Feb. or March. There's a new one that also started up recently. Actually, now that I think about it, I think it was on the roll call thread for my Oct. 30 cruise.

With that said, I don't think you'll find anymore info over there than is over here. Usually, it just says call your TA and ask about the credit.

I think your best bet is to go through your TA.

[QUOTE=Sue's Mom]After reading this thread earlier today, I emailed CVC and received a very prompt reply to the effect that HAL said "no". We HAVE got what we consider to be a remarkably low price for our ten day Caribbean cruise on the Volendam on November 26. We have a K cabin for $1528. We definitely could not find a comparable UK holiday for that price. Is that price inexpensive or should I still be looking for the shipboard credit?[/QUOTE]Is $1528 for one or two people. If two I'd say the price is phenomenal. For one, it seems a little high, but it could be because it's Thanksgiving.

But regardless of the price, you may want to see about trying to get it. Other people posted (I think on a different thread) about getting a credit from CVC. You may want to search on CVC.

[quote name='helenp2']You saved us quite a bit. TA was able to get us $150 each in onboard credits for our 16 nt Prinsendame cruise. Also got it for my 2 Sisters. A total of $600 - not too shabby. Thanks again for the heads up.[/QUOTE]You're very welcome. With a $600 credit I guess you can look at it as having a drink on me.:D

Have a great cruise.

I have seen 267, 7031 and 7035 mentioned. From what I have read to use 7035 you need to have booked through AAA, I believe. It appears most people are getting credit from promo 7035 and 267. I did not get credit for my cruise next month, but I got an awesome rate, so I am okay with it.

Marie

I was able to get the onboard credit for my cruise October 20, Rotterdam, Canada New England. I also got the credit for clients on November 20, Zaandam and December 26, Veendam.

Today I will check with Windstar to see if they have a similar promotion.

[QUOTE=Sue's Mom]After reading this thread earlier today, I emailed CVC and received a very prompt reply to the effect that HAL said "no". We HAVE got what we consider to be a remarkably low price for our ten day Caribbean cruise on the Volendam on November 26. We have a K cabin for $1528. We definitely could not find a comparable UK holiday for that price. Is that price inexpensive or should I still be looking for the shipboard credit?[/QUOTE]

Sue's Mom,

DId you book with CVC online? I did the same thing, for my 8/21 cruise, and KNEW that the credit applied to my cruise, and was told no, it was for new bookings only. I told them I knew that wasn't the case...after CVC's refusal to give me the credit, I called HAL to find out which sailings 7031 applied to, and when she checked my booking it turns out CVC did apply the credit after telling me no, and then I got an email from CVC telling me I got the credit. I would maybe go to your Roll Call and ask around, maybe you can prompt pax on your sailing to try and see what happens with other TA's.

CVC has unbelievable prices , but I think if I used them again I would call. Pax on this board have glowing recommendations about specific reps they've used, one even posted on the CVC thread. But once you book thru the Internet, you are a slave to their "Internet Dept", which is the dept most people on this board seem to have issues with.

JMHO...

Well, I just got off the phone with HAL, and was told that [COLOR=Purple]"the rate I am under is not combinable with any other offers."[/COLOR]

We paid $1,075/pp for an "S" on the Zuiderdam thru Priceline Cruises. I guess this is a pretty good price.

Maybe this is the same 'rate category' that CVC is able to get. I sure wish I understood this industry better!

[color=darkorchid]After emailing BestPriceCruises three times last week, I finally phoned today (they were telling me again to submit questions in email, but after I explained that my emails from last week had not been answered, she reluctantly said she would phone HAL). We booked with them in June and had positive results with them from our HAL cruise last year.[/color]
[color=darkorchid][/color]
[color=darkorchid]Anyway, we are booked in an I-category inside cabin for Zuiderdam 7-nt eastern Caribbean in November. She told me that HAL would only give $25 pp shipboard credit since it is an [b]inside[/b] cabin. [/color]
[color=darkorchid][/color]
[color=darkorchid]When we booked in June, we could have booked an outside cabin for cheaper on a lower deck, but we booked the inside so we could be on an uppder deck for a reasonable cost. It is surprising that if we would have booked a cheaper outside cabin we would have been eligible for double the credit. Regardless, any shipboard credit is better than nothing at all![/color]

BnCC - That is an excellent rate for an S, IMO. I did not qualify either, because of a special rate I got on the Veendam next month, and it is an excellent rate, so I am okay with it. Enjoy your S....I am hoping someday to experience the S. :).

Marie

Boy am I hoppin' mad! I called HAL Friday and asked for the shipboard credit. The guy had me on hold a bunch of times but in the end he said it did apply and that he would send me a conformation e-mail. The weekend went by without an e-mail so I called this morning. The person I spoke to this time told me that she spoke with her supervisor and that it was too late to have the credit applied.

I have called for other things before and everytime I call HAL Guest Services I get a different response. They don't seem to have any consistency in how they do things at all and some of the operators are just plain rude.

Ugh!! I sure hope HAL lives up to it's reputation because I do NOT have a good feeling about this.

jgooden1 - I am sorry that your experience with the HAL csr's has been poor. Please, please don't let it put a damper on your cruise. I sailed HAL for the first time last month, and enjoyed it so much, I came home and booked another one for next month. The csr is not a good respresentation of HAL, once on board. And, if it makes you feel better, I am not getting any credit either, BUT, I am thrilled with the price I paid...felt I got a really good deal, so oh well....I am not dismissing your disappointment, because I DO understand, but don't let it ruin the wonderful anticipation you've had for your upcoming cruise. When do you sail, and on what ship...did you share this, and I missed it???

Marie

Thanks for the kind words and positive reinforcement! I am very glad to hear that you had such a terrific time. I just have to stop worrying and go with the flow at this point!

The credit was just a nice plus. Afterall, even if I paid too much a $100 was not gonna cover it! It is just one more thing that has disappointed me along the way to our departure.

I am particularly concerned because this is my husband's first cruise (my first with HAL) and I want it to be wonderful!

We are sailing to Alaska on the Amsterdam this Sunday.

Yes, go with the flow, and enjoy the BEAUTY OF ALASKA!! They are having unseasonably warm weather, so your trip should be beautiful. I will be looking forward to your review upon your return, as I sail Aug 22 on the Veendam. Don't forget to pack some binoculars, an umbrella, and maybe some cheap plastic ponchos...I picked up a pack of 2 at the Dollar Tree store for $1.
I am confident you are going to really enjoy HAL.

Marie

Well, still have a NO on every request. Our cruise was $400 more than HAL offered and I can't get any shipboard credit! Cruises Only is greedy and my agent left the company right when we booked. She knew she was leaving when I booked, Now I can't get anyone to give me that personal attention. Will never to Internet booking again. Never go with Cruises Only.

There is a discussion on one of the cruise boards NOW(today) saying that there are currently alot of problems with Cruises Only. Evidently they were recently purchased, and now there is a mess. The owner posted on the thread expressing his desire to clean up the messes but administrators have now deleted the information he posted. I will try to find out what board it was posted on for you. I know some people say they have the info. Maybe if you can get ahold of his email, he can help.

Marie

Thanks you very much.... I just got off the phone with my ta, she called Holland and we just got credit. We sail in February on the Zaandam. TA got $50.00 for my parents and daughter for a suite. We received $25.00 each for an inside. Holland said it was just for 2004 sailings but she mentioned cruisecritic and they gave it to us. So thank you, thank you, thank you. She received a faxed confirmation too... So many, many thanks.

Karen

Archived