Car transfer in Buenos Aires

cruiseluv

Has anybdy used a car/limo company for transfers in Buenos Aires? I am not looking for a tour, just for a car transfer between airport and hotel. Since my flight arrives around 4-5 AM I rather have a car lined up and not be dependent on taxis at the airport.

Thanks for any info.

Has anybdy used a car/limo company for transfers in Buenos Aires? I am not looking for a tour, just for a car transfer between airport and hotel. Since my flight arrives around 4-5 AM I rather have a car lined up and not be dependent on taxis at the airport.

Thanks for any info.

There are plenty of prepaid taxis. We did have a car pickup arranged with our tour operator, but ended up leaving a day earlier at the last minute and used a prepaid taxi from the booth just outside baggage claim. We did arrive around 10 am, but I would think taxis would be avilable even in the early morning hours.

I agree with dileep's recommendation. I used Ricardo in December for a airport to hotel transfer, tango show and tour. Our flight from Iguazu was delayed, delayed, delayed, and delayed but Ricardo and the driver were there upon our arrival at 12:30 AM.

Dileep,

Do you remember what Ricardo charged you for the transfer from EZE to downtown Buenos Aires? Did he require full payment in advance? Do you know how much the prepaid taxi's charge? There are 3 of us, so we would have at least 6 pieces of luggage, and would probably need 2 taxi's. Are there pre-paid vans, or a bus that runs into the city? Thanks in advance for any information you can give me! :) Frank

Dbedros,

Why was your flight from Iguazu delayed? Do you know if delays are common? We have a flight on lan airlines back from Iguazu the same day we are to board the ship. It was supposed to be a morning flight, but now they have changed it to get into Buenos Aires at 1:30 p.m. We have to board the ship by 4:00. It makes me a little nervous to hear delay, delay, delay! :( Also, how long would it take to leave the AEP airport, drop by a downtown hotel to pick up stored luggage, and then get to the cruise port? I'm having a hard time figuring out these distances? Thanks for any help you can give. Frank

• 3 weeks later...
Dbedros,

Why was your flight from Iguazu delayed? Do you know if delays are common? We have a flight on lan airlines back from Iguazu the same day we are to board the ship. It was supposed to be a morning flight, but now they have changed it to get into Buenos Aires at 1:30 p.m. We have to board the ship by 4:00. It makes me a little nervous to hear delay, delay, delay! :( Also, how long would it take to leave the AEP airport, drop by a downtown hotel to pick up stored luggage, and then get to the cruise port? I'm having a hard time figuring out these distances? Thanks for any help you can give. Frank

You do not say at what hotel your luggage would be at, nor what day of the week. Aeroparque (AEP) is about 10-15 minutes from the airport - I would factor in another hour for your luggage - less if it is a Sat or Sun.

Ask your travel agent to try and change you to an earlier flight. If your plane is delayed and you miss the ship and your next stop is Montevideo, you can check out www.buquebus.com - they are a ferry service to Colonia and Montevideo and can get you there faster than the ship!!!

Good luck and I hope that your plane is on time.

Archived