How do I get from BA hotel to port??

CountessP

Happy New Year's to all!!

We are booking all on our own, including several days at BA hotel, although not sure which one yet. My question is how do I get from BA hotel to port? NCL can arrange a transfer, but that's the most expensive way. I hear taxis in BA are cheap. Should we just take a taxi?

I have no idea how far the port is from the town center, so I'm not sure which is the best option.

Any suggestions or tips greatly appreciated, Millie

We were at the Intercontinental in BA and talked to our hotel concierge. He arranged the hotel car to take us to the port. We were in the same hotel as the pre-cruise folks and we easily beat them to the ship. It may be a little more expensive than a taxi, but we knew the car would be ready and waiting for us. I believe the cost was about $5, not including a gratuity. This was in 2003 (we were on Princess not NCL). Regardless where you're staying, the hotel should be able to arrange something for you. If nothing else they can make sure there's a cab for you! ;)

I would either go with a car or with a taxi. A private car would be my recommendation assuming you are ok with the price. In either case, speak with the Hotel Concierge when you get there. Either way, it will be easy to get from one of the downtown hotels over to the cruise ship terminal.

Keith

We were at the Intercontinental in BA...This was in 2003...

Hi Shellbeachjim!

We're leaving for BA in 4 weeks, and we'll also be staying at the Intercontinental. Can you tell me about the location of the hotel? Is it close enough to walk to some of the city attraction?

MC:)

Happy New Year's to all!!

I hear taxis in BA are cheap. Should we just take a taxi?

I have no idea how far the port is from the town center, so I'm not sure which is the best option.

Any suggestions or tips greatly appreciated, Millie

Taxi is a cheap option. Port is not very far.

Archived