Help! Last minute question about carryon bag

I have been reading this board since I booked my cruise (in June) and just read something that said you have to be careful on the size of what you carry on because it has to fit through the x-ray machine. Anyone know what size the machine is?

From what I recall, it's the same type of machine you see at airports. Whatever you'd carry on a plane would fit. Can't say that a 26" suitcase would make it through and be considered carry on if you were thinking of bringing your own stuff on board.

I have been reading this board since I booked my cruise (in June) and just read something that said you have to be careful on the size of what you carry on because it has to fit through the x-ray machine. Anyone know what size the machine is?

roughly --

Carry-on bag dimensions should not be more than 9" x 14" x 22" (length + width + height) or 45 linear inches (the length, height and width added together).

(This is for airlines only -- )

Thanks...I am not flying, am driving and want to know about the machine at the port of Galveston...sorry I wasn't clear about which x-ray machine...is that still the size for the port or is that airport restrictions?

What everyone here was trying to say is that the size of the x-ray machines at the port are the same size as the ones at the airport. So if it would fit through an airport machine, it should fit through the machine at the port.

Since the ship is not operating under the TSA guidelines, you can bring pretty much anything you want. If the bag is too large to be checked for weapons (which is their main concern) they will check by hand, on occassion!

Our experience was different, if your carry on is too large you will have to take it back out to the bag handlers! Not what we wanted to do but they were very firm. The strange thing was we had no problem with this bag in the airports. I think we may have zipped out the expansion on the bag but that added only 2" to the depth of the bag. We felt perhaps someone was just having a crabby day since we later saw people with much larger bags comming onto the ship... Unfortunatly our son had a large bag of doritos in the bag that burst open and tiny bits of doritos were all over everything else in the bag! :(

Just keep your bags to a minimum size and you should be fine, don't expand like we did....

Bev

Archived