what not to wear

sunsetme

When we went, I packed as if it was summer here in Central Valley of California and nearly froze my butt off in NZ. It was cold and rainy most of the time we were there, both on the north and south islands. Thankfully, there was a large assortment of sweatshirts for purchase both on the ship and in port. I ended up with jeans and tee shirts most days, although I usually took along a sweatshirt as well. Once we got to Australia (Sydney), the sun finally came out and it felt like summer. Think that was the only time I wore shorts.

The moral, it may be summer down there, but it still can get cold (remember this is cold by California standards).

Hope this helps a little,

Charlie

P.S. Cold or not, it is still an incredible cruise!

Think summer clothes, but remember to bring a jacket or warm top. The day temeratures can be over 30 degrees centigrade most days with nights 20 degrees. New Zealand is normally a bit cooler than Australia. Enjoy your time here.:)

• 2 weeks later...

The good thing about Aust is that we like to be comfortable. If yopu want to wear shorts and a t-shirt it is fine, if you want to wear a collared shirt and trousers it is fine too. Just make sure you wear natural fibres... I wear woollen trousers every day to work all year around and it is fine, even outdoors at lunch. Make sure you wear cotton shirts otherwise you may cook.

Always wear 30+ sunscreen!

Always wear a hat!

Always have sunnies!

BUT PLEASE REMOVE HATS WHEN GOING INDOORS! Especially clubs and pubs! You may be forced to shout the pub a round of drinks ifyou wear your hat in!:)

Mark.

Archived