Beware Of Porters & Tsa

Joie58

It is always heartbraking to feel violated...and I hate theifs...

that being said...surely you knew better than to pack valuables in checked luggage...you dont know who has access to your things...you would not have handed those porters your jewerly box and said Ill pick it up when I get home...same thing...

My bags always get checked by TSA...always have the little note saying (to paraphrase)"hey we went thru your stuff...didnt find anything cool"...

I dont take a lot of jewelery with me on cruises...only my 'everyday wedding band'...a string of pearls and my 'nice diamond wedding ring'...thats it...on the way to and from my pearls and diamond ring are safely in my pocket or carryon...which never leaves my site.

Come on...you wouldnt have put large amounts of cash in your checked luggage...I have to agree, you surely know better.

(again, not saying it was right for someone to take your stuff...just there are bad guys everywhere and you have to be responsible)

When putting items in locked and secured luggage they should be safe from thieves!
Maybe 20-30 years ago...but not this day and age. You wouldnt leave your front door unlocked these days either, would you. Reality Check.
Or are you the type that thinks it is ok, since the items should not be there? :rolleyes:
She didnt say it was ok...just that you should have known better, as amatter of fact, she said 'sorry for your loss'...as several others have stated. A little common sense goes along way.

I was just trying to inform others that their items maynot be safe. .

Thank you.

When putting items in locked and secured luggage they should be safe from thieves!

I agree with you they should but we all know they aren´t.

Locked luggage is not a safe!

Common sense tells all of us to not put any valuables into checked luggage.

It´s bad that you can´t rust the people and it shouldn´t happen regardless if luggage is locked or not. But as you can see it happens, so don´t put anything valuable into checked luggage!!!

I've actually always been just as concerned about someone possibly sticking something into my luggage as having something taken out. Someone, whose screen name I won't mentioned hear, once told me I was nuts to worry about such stuff....:rolleyes:

Just got home from Majesty cruise. Took American Airlines from MIA to Columbus Ohio. Had all bags zipped and locked with zip strips. All that was missing was box of jewelry. Isn't that amazing, everything else was kept locked, except that one bag. AA says it couldn't be them, TSA says it couldn't be them. Well people there is a thief somewhere. We had our carry on crammed with our electronic items and had no room for anymore. So we thought it would be safe, I mean the government TSA, and AA. yea right. So be very weary about belongings.

The zip strips really did their job, didn't they.

When putting items in locked and secured luggage they should be safe from thieves! Or are you the type that thinks it is ok, since the items should not be there? :rolleyes:

I was just trying to inform others that their items may not be safe. Not to be scolded for feeling safe because my luggage was locked and secured. Typical CC member crap. Glad cruise is over so no need to refer to this board or site.

Personally, I don't consider luggage closed with plastic zip ties as being "locked and secured." In fact, your experience shows that they were neither locked nor secure.

You were wrong to feel "safe" but thanks for posting of your experience. People often warn others on this site about ever putting anything of value into checked luggage and your experience illustrates perfectly the wisdom of this advice.

I shouldn't "have" to lock my home or car because no one but I has the right to enter these places without permission. But I do lock them just the same.

I would have thought that tightened airport security would have fixed some of these problems. You have to wonder - if it's this easy to take things OUT of luggage without being detected, how easy would it be to put something in?

I hope the TSA and Homeland security start taking a MUCH more active role in the security of luggage from the time it leaves its owners hands to the time they recover it.

Or are you the type that thinks it is ok, since the items should not be there? :rolleyes:

No I do not think it's ok, nor did I say that.

I was just trying to inform others that their items may not be safe. But you also acted Shocked that your valuables were missing. How many pieces of literature (from airlines, cruiselines..etc) tell you not to put valuables in your checked luggage. Not to be scolded for feeling safe because my luggage was locked and secured. I wasn't scolding you, perhaps your subconsious is...since you really did know better.

Typical CC member crap. my experiece with CC has been wonderful. New friends and great information. Like telling you to carryon valuables and medicines. Glad cruise is over so no need to refer to this board or site.

Wow I'm never glad when a cruise is over. You must really hate cruising. Again, sorry for your loss. Please note all of my responses in red...even in the quote area.

When putting items in locked and secured luggage they should be safe from thieves! Or are you the type that thinks it is ok, since the items should not be there? :rolleyes:

I was just trying to inform others that their items may not be safe. Not to be scolded for feeling safe because my luggage was locked and secured. Typical CC member crap. Glad cruise is over so no need to refer to this board or site..

It's called *karma*, Joie.

What goes around, comes around.

:cool:

It´s bad that you can´t rust the people and it shouldn´t happen regardless if luggage is locked or not. But as you can see it happens, so don´t put anything valuable into checked luggage!!!

Does that include my scotch!!!???:eek: :eek: I thought that needed to be in checked luggage to get to my stateroom!!!

Archived