Salt or Fresh Water Pool on Voyager?

Hblanton

Thanks. I do remember a Princess being fresh water and heated. I really enjoyed it. I seem to remember, but could well be wrong, that on a Celebrity Cruise they had a heated salt water (Thassolasic or something) pool and then a fresh water pool elsewhere.

As small as the Voyager's population is, you would think they could afford to produce the fresh water for the pool. Just one man's opinion, but I do prefer swimming in fresh water (especially on trips where you will be swimming in the ocean the rest of the time.)

HLY

I think the earlier poster's point was that fresh water needs to be chlorinated.

In any case, fresh water pools don't need to be dumped every day so its really not an environmental issue.

For me the best combination has always been to have a very large body of salt water (aka, the ocean) and a fresh water pool to dip in. When I was a kid we used to go to Pallisades Park outside NYC and they had a huge salt water pool. Don't know where they got the water though.

Anyway, I'll just bring my swim goggles - its the salt in the eyes that bothers me most about salt water pools. I do enjoy the boyancy, however.

Duh, yeah, I know the difference between NaCl and chlorination, sorry not be more clear. I presumed with a salt water pool, they just take water from the ocean, then dump it back in afterwards?

So they don't actually dump the water when they empty the pool? They have a tank to store it or something? On Navigator in December the pool was emptied more than once a day, because conditions got rough, and they had to empty it. I presume with a salt water pool, they just take water from the ocean?

Archived