Multiple room keys/with senior discount

I have booked our 6th cruise (5 RCCL & 1 Celebrity) for the Voyager of the Seas, for Feb 3rd-10th. There are 5 of us cruising. My husband, our 16 year old son, I and my parents who are seniors. We booked the cruise under the senior citizen discount. ( saved over 200.00 per person) In order to get the discount my father is booked in cabin with my hubby and son. And my mother with me. The RCCL rep. who did the booking said people do this all the time, and we could switch rooms if so desired (my mom & dad together, hubby I and son in other room) I was wondering if anyone has done this before, and if so. Did you just switch room keys? or did you tell them at the pier and get extra keys made? We have already done the set sail passes and that is not a problem. And we are going to pay the gratuities in cash, so that is not a problem either. I just don't know what to do about the room key situation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

However I would not change the reservation at the pier. I would just get extra keys. If you do this they may charge you the difference.

Remember the key you receive at the pier is the one you need to get off and on the ship. Your room key will just say "extra key". So when going on shore make sure to take both keys. It really is not that hard.

Yes you will be able to split the charges. When you fill in your onboard documents you will just fill out that someone else will be able to use this credit card. That way you can tie your res# with your DH and your mom with your dad.

We did this for our friends in Dec. We had a plat. balcony discount and it helped them out. It just looked weird when we checked in!

Archived