Themed nights on QM2--do they still exist?

sailsalot

Hi!

Just booked B2B transatlantic on QM2 for July, and was wondering what we could expect for themed nights? We've been on QM2 before where there was Pirate's Ball, Royal Ascot Ball, and Black & White Ball. Do these still exist, or are there other themes now? I somehow remember reading about a Viennese Ball as well. Just wanted to know what we should be preparing for.

Thanks!

We did not have an Ascot Ball. Sorry, I don't recall about the vow renewal ceremony. I will look through my daily programs if I remember where I put them. LOL :cool: You can call Cunard and they will tell you also.

Found your pictures on the roll call... Great!

Funny, just this November after a competition, the evening was a pirates ball... After, I thought what on earth am I going to do with these clothes now!!!! Maybe I will use them again, go figure!

Glad you found them. I attached a picture to my post and it showed it was attached, but alas it is invisible. By all means take your pirate clothes. It's a hoot.:D

...pirates dressed for the most recent three-day trip's Pirate Ball than we had seen for any of the balls when we were on in June and July of last year.

Yes, there are themed parties. They are not HUGE. But this last trip had pirate night. And we had Royal Ascots and black-and-whites on the same Jume/July BTBs we were on.

...what they plan as far as themed nights.

DOn't quote me, but I THINK there was a pirate night on at least one of our crossings. But I remember it because the kids were doing pirate-themed art in the Kid Zone in connection with it. I do not recall any pirates.

That said, maybe there's just too much to pack for a longer trip to bring all the costumes. I DID bring my eye-patch on the crossing, but did not wear it. The same eye-patch ended up on my daughter's stuffed dog for this last pirate party. :)

There ARE hats for sale on board - for $10 - that you can use for Ascot. Black-and-white is pretty easy.

You'll be on it before us, as we don't board until July 18. But by all means, bring your eye-patch. You never know when it might come in handy! For me, I should actually wear two eye-patches when I get around the high tea desserts. :) They always look so delicious, and I can't resist!!

You'll be on it before us, as we don't board until July 18. But by all means, bring your eye-patch. You never know when it might come in handy! For me, I should actually wear two eye-patches when I get around the high tea desserts. :) They always look so delicious, and I can't resist!!

Archived