Carry on Soda and Water

We always bring a small suitcase full of coke and water. I do buy the coke card but I like to have cokes for the room and hubbby and I like to have water too. So we take a small suit case and have the bottles of coke and some water in the suit case and then use the suitcase to bring back souviners.

Lexi

We always bring our own soda on board, mainly because they don't offer a caffeine free, diet option on the coke card. We bring bottled water onboard also. We've never had a problem, except the time we decided to check in the case of water with the dockside ported. When it arrived at the room, a bottle was missing. No big deal, just amusing.:)

I checked a case of soda onboard Explorer out of Bayonne a few months ago because I need sugar-free and caffeine-free. The bag never made it to my room, because the porter had apparently not put a tag on it. I went to customer relations and said that I was missing my bag. He asked what was in it and I said "soda." Then he went in the back and got it and said "Here's your soda, ma'am. Sorry for the inconvenience." So I don't think anyone at RCI really cares if you bring it on board.

We just got off the Jewel of the Seas and there is no problem at all bringing cokes/water on board. After boarding in Ft Lauderdale last Saturday, I got off the ship, took a quick cab to Publix and brought back thru security a case of Diet Coke, a case of caffeine free Diet Coke, a case of Gatorade and a couple of bottles of water. I was seen by all the security people and I even set the cases down on the x ray machine...NO PROBLEMS!!!!

Archived