when do cabins get assigned?

bluedog123mom

You didn't specity ship so making some assumptions...

Cabin assignment may occur at any time from ticketing up to arriving at pier when book a guaranty. On the oceanview staterooms, the windows do not open. Not possible. If you want to go outside, you should book a balcony. Picture window is a 6A, & 6B Oceanview. The French Doors w/rail is on the Spirit class ships which is an OBSTRUCTED view of the lifeboats. You have French Doors that open up, which is nice for fresh air, but you do not have a balcony and there is a lifeboat blocking your view. This would be a Cat 5A.

Speaking from my past experience. When I booked my guarantee room "with hopes of an upgrade":rolleyes:, we didnt receive our actual cabin assignments until we got to the pier during the time they were passing us our sign and sail. On my very first cruise, we got bumped up to a picture oceanview room..that was a real treat. For my upcoming cruise I booked a 6A oceanview guarantee, so hopefully I can at least get bumped up a couple of floors.

Happy Sailing;)

Normaly when you book a room with carnival, you get to choose the deck and room at the time of booking. A guaranteed room however, means a cheaper rate, but they basically give you a room that is left over, one that has not been selected by another cruise member. On Travelocit's website, they say a 'guaranteed' room number is provided to you at the dock, when you board the ship. HTH

We've booked five cruises with guaranteed cabins in the past five months and always found out our cabin number within a few days after final payment. We've always received an upgrade but always within the category. I know that cabins can be changed until you get to the pier but we've had the same cabin number that we first found out and it was on the documents as well. Our next cruise is 2/12/07 and we knew our cabin number the middle of December. We don't have our docs yet but we'll probably get them soon.

Archived