#nights vs. #days of cruise

lumpkin

guess it depends on what day of the week the sailing is.

I cruise on a Sunday to SUnday cruise.. 7 nights or 8 days.

some people would look at an advertisement for 8 days and think-- I cant take off work that long-- I can only have one week.

a 6 day cruise is a Sunday with getting off the ship on a Friday?

(does Princess have those?

some people would look at an advertisement for 8 days and think-- I cant take off work that long-- I can only have one week.

That doesn't answer the question of the O.P.

As she asked some cruises that have the EXACT same days/nights in the itinerary, are sometimes billed as *nights or *days and the number=* will not be the same. I have asked this of princess and never got an answer, but you will be credited for the number of days the cruise is for(not the nights).

As she asked some cruises that have the EXACT same days/nights in the itinerary, are sometimes billed as *nights or *days and the number=* will not be the same. I have asked this of princess and never got an answer, but you will be credited for the number of days the cruise is for(not the nights).

This is a question that always comes up with any kind of package vacation, tour or cruise. Think of it this way; if your package leaves today, you spend tonight in a hotel/ship/yurt and its over tomorrow; you spent one night, it was a one day vacation, but it occurred over the course of two different days.

Most cruises/tours are properly sold as the number of nights being the length of the cruise/tour/package, although the actual itinerary will always show one more day than the tour length. This is simply because you start and end your tour on different (half) days. This is why many times you will see listings as a 1 night/2 day or a 7 night/8 day or 437 night/438 day.

Actually, this is incorrect.:) The itinerary is always one day longer than the 'cruise length', unless you can find one that starts at 12:01 am and ends at midnight. The cruise length is the same as the number of nights. Princess credits you for the number of nights (same as cruise length), not the itinerary number of days.

Archived