luggage at pier question

karenbf

We will be coming in the day before our cruise starts. We'd like to drop off our luggage at the pier and then walk around Old San Juan in the morning.

Are there lockers at the pier?

Can we check our luggage in at the ship and then leave to walk around?

We are on the Crown Princess.

I've looked and looked on this thread and haven't seen anything about this. So, if it's been covered in detail somewhere else, please forgive me.

No there are no lockers at the pier. But, there is a place right across from Pier # 4 where you can store your luggage (starts with Audio).

You can always check in, board, and then get back off to explore.

Also, just a note we aren't supposed to bump threads. You should give people more time to answer your question in the future.

Depending on what time it is, you can check your luggage in around 11 am and leave if you want. Your other choice is to check your luggage in, check in for your cabin and leave to spend the afternoon in Old San Juan.

I am also getting off the Crown with luggage and have a late flight. I contacted American Airlines and they said that you can check your luggage in at any time the day of departure, meaning you could go to the airport in the AM, check in your luggage for your flight, and venture out to the Isla Verde area or elsewhere and hang out for the PM. I am debating doing this or taking the rain forest tour with Princess post cruise that cost $38.00pp.

Can you leave the ship after you check in? I thought once you checked in you couldn't leave. Is there any lockers at the Pan Am Pier or at the airport to leave your luggage?

Yes, you can leave the ship after you've checked in. You just need to make sure you are back onboard before the muster drill. On RCCL ships the muster drill is usually around 8pm.

No there are no lockers at the Pan Am Pier. BUT if you are cruising RCCL or Celebrity they have a service with a few airlines (American is one, I don't know the others) where you pay a fee $10 per person, and they check you in the last day of the cruise and print off your boarding passes and luggage for you. Then after you've disembarked, you go through immigration, grab your luggage, go through customs, and then you immediately drop off your bags with the airline, and the bags are taken to the airport for you.

There is also a restaurant in Old San Juan, Barrachina's where you can store your luggage.

Archived