Get me to the plane on time!!

WEGRIMES

Not necessarily if you consider that the day we departed for the FLL airport was the Saturday before Thanksgiving which (at least in Detroit) is a highly travelled weekend.

IMHO I think that the OP has a chance of making his flight, but there are no guarantees since there are so many things that could delay him getting off the ship. :)

You're right from one perspective. However, there are far fewer ships arriving in port around Thanksgiving time than there are from Christmas through April which needs to be taken into consideration. Thanksgiving weekend, while a heavily-traveled weekend, doesn't compare to winter vacation travel in Southeast FL.

And, you're right that the OP has a "chance" of making his flight. It could very well work out but everything would have to work out perfectly with no delays. As has been said on another thread, it depends on how much of a gambler you are.

Well my solution is to "let it ride" until I get closer and see if the later flight prices go down and do an adjustment. If not, I'm on Jet Blue and they told me I can change the flight the same day for $25 if later availability is open. The whole thing is really a matter of a lack of communication with what an appropriate time should have been (I thought 3 hrs to get 6 miles was enough ) and my fault for booking a cruise that ends on EASTER!! Thanks for all your insights cc's

Well my solution is to "let it ride" until I get closer and see if the later flight prices go down and do an adjustment. If not, I'm on Jet Blue and they told me I can change the flight the same day for $25 if later availability is open. The whole thing is really a matter of a lack of communication with what an appropriate time should have been (I thought 3 hrs to get 6 miles was enough ) and my fault for booking a cruise that ends on EASTER!! Thanks for all your insights cc's

actually the best thing to do is keep watching that flight-- maybe just maybe they will change the time its leaving which then you can make changes to better suit you.

My flights for next month have changed twice so far..so maybe the stars will shine and do the same thing

Hi WEGRIMES,

I missed my early morning JetBlue flight from JFK to Charlotte December 22nd. JetBlue only flies into Charlotte from JFK and the next flight that had an available seat was December 24th. ACK!!!

The people at JetBlue were extremely nice, never laughed and pointed their fingers at us and put us on the standby list for the next flight. We were number two and three standby for that flight. We didn't get on that one, and things were looking pretty grim, but we were rolled up to number one and two standby on the next flight. We ended up getting on a flight 11 hours after our original flight took off, but it didn't cost us a thing. JetBlue was pretty understanding. If you miss your flight, chalk it up to experience and keep your fingers crossed that there are empty seats on the next flight. :)

I am booked on a 12:50 departure flight with Delta on September 9th. Is this time too close for comfort?

thanks

12:50 is good-- and no rushing off the ship either.

You will be off the ship by 10:30 which allows plenty of time for security and checking in at the airport.

WEGrimes,

Don't worry, it will work out.

Get off the ship as soon as you can

I liked ColoCruiser advice,

Ditch the transfer, take a taxi.

If all else fails, and you miss your flight, you can fly standby on the next one.

I wouldn't change my plane reservation, for too many $$$$$

Don't let it get to you the day before. I am embarrassed to say, but I have missed flights before, and I have never had to pay extra.

It could be worse... you could be cutting it close on embarkation day!

Have a very nice cruise

I realize everyone is giving their input, but it feels a bit like a child getting scolded 10 times after they've already admitted they did something they weren't suppose to do. We're just going to make the best of the situation and go from there. Everyone's comments about how stressful and problem prone our flight will be is helping with the stress part! I know we were just looking for tips to help get us to the airport earlier, not a spanking for trying to save about $300 and get home to our over exhausted babysitters!!

.......something to be aware of......airlines can not take your luggage any later than 30 minutes before departure......which means you need to get your bags checked by 9:30......;)

Archived