Bathing suit size 16

tuliene

Hi,:) I wear a 12-14-16 depending on the cut. There are many,

many, many choices~try Bealls, JC Penney, Dillards, Belks,

Lands End, just to name a few places.

I have found many suits at those places that I would wear

and feel good in too.

From Target:

I got a Miracle Swimsuit - black, so flattering and a Merona swimskirt for over the top, was cute, young and stylish - and it covered my unsightly bits.

I was disgusted by how my 14/16 voluptous body looked in suits...NO support.

BUT I discovered Miraclesuits, and OMG, I totally feel sexy in these fabulous inventions!! They have tankinis & maillots. There are 2 styles of maillots (one piece) with plunging necklines--terrific w/ my chest size. 1" straps support the chest, neckline to draw attention to my assets, girdle-like support to put everything back where it USED to be before 3 C-sections!

NOT cheap, but SO worth it, for my self-esteem.

Try Eddie Bauer or Talbots online, or just google Miraclesuit

Try this website: http://www.obxsunwear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PS

The name of the company is ShoreFit, I think. Tons of styles, and when I ordered from them I had the goods in a matter of days - really fast!

I was looking for plus sizes, but they carry suits for all sizes. Be sure to check their other areas too - I got some really nice sundresses from them too. I'm very happy with their service.

Travelsmith.

They have a very nice selection...claiming to be Miraclesuit-like. Just as cute...in fact, VERY similar in design. AND considerably less expensive...$79 compared to $129 for Miraclesuit.

• 2 weeks later...

I am between a 14 and 16 and I have found many suits that I like that are flattering and not "old lady looking."

I like NewPort News, Lands End, etc..

I've even found a couple of cute name-brand suits at ValuCity (regional discount store like Marshalls or TJ Maxx). One was Eddie Bauer suit and it fit great.

I got a bra-sized tankini at Macy's last summer (around $100..but I love it)..it had an underwire top and was sized like a bra. It gives great support and makes the girls look uplifted!:D

Size 16 is NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!! Plenty of cute suits out there.

Here's a tip: Put on a self tanner before swimsuit shopping.....a little color makes everything look better.;)

I don't know where you live BUT if you have one anywhere near you, try:

Water, Water Everywhere

OR

Everything But Water

I went to the Everything But Water, which was closest to me. They were wonderful! They really were helpful, I tried on a zillion suits and they were very helpful in telling me which looked best and why. Which looked not as good and why. They helped pick out suits that would accent my good points and disquise my (many) not so good points. I am 59 so I have plenty. I bought 2 suits that I will now feel REALLY good about wearing. When I got home my DH was thrilled. He was SO happy I got suits that were not black!!

My daughter, who is large busted and a little hippy went to an Water, Water Everything Said they same thing. Her DH was with her and when there were not other women in the dressing room they invited him back there and explained to him the same things. Why certain suits were good and others were not. She bought 3 suits. And they were both very happy!

I don't know where you live BUT if you have one anywhere near you, try:

Water, Water Everywhere

OR

Everything But Water

I went to the Everything But Water, which was closest to me. They were wonderful! They really were helpful, I tried on a zillion suits and they were very helpful in telling me which looked best and why. Which looked not as good and why. They helped pick out suits that would accent my good points and disquise my (many) not so good points. I am 59 so I have plenty. I bought 2 suits that I will now feel REALLY good about wearing. When I got home my DH was thrilled. He was SO happy I got suits that were not black!!

My daughter, who is large busted and a little hippy went to an Water, Water Everything Said they same thing. Her DH was with her and when there were not other women in the dressing room they invited him back there and explained to him the same things. Why certain suits were good and others were not. She bought 3 suits. And they were both very happy!

Hi!

I found a brand that I really like. Roxanne has very nice tankinis. I also wear a size 16 and I am comfortable in those. They don't bind and you don't feel like a sausage, like w/a miracle suit. I know they sell them at Macy's, not sure where else. You might be able to find them online. Good Luck!

Ok, I'm a little more than a 16, but I was pleasantly surprised by the tankini I got at Target. I'd never tried anything but a one-piece tank style, so this was definitely different for me.

Here's a link to a picture of me wearing it:

Tequila Beach

Archived