When Will They Kick Me Off The Ship (Dream)

discjoker

Will be traveling on the Dream in March. We are scheduled to get back into Houston at 8am. We aren't flying back until the next day (staying in Houston Saturday night). I was wondering if anyone knew the latest we could stay on the ship before we had to get off. Looking to have a nice leisurely morning. :)

A lot depends on clearing customs. However, most ships are pretty much cleared out by 10AM. NCL will know that you have no flight plans for the day ao you will usually be one of the last groups called.

When we have stayed over a night post-cruise, we usually go straight to our hotel and drop off our bags. Sometimes there is a room available and we are able to get in immediately. Usually, they will hold our luggage. We go sightseeing or whatever and they call us (cell phone) when the room is ready.

Charlie

Since you have to vacate your room anyway there is seldom anything leisurely about debarcation day, and you must be off the ship before they can start boarding the new passengers.

You don't need to vacate the room until you leave the ship (until they call your group for debarcation). Anyone know what time the last group is called off the ship?

Since you have to vacate your room anyway there is seldom anything leisurely about debarcation day, and you must be off the ship before they can start boarding the new passengers.
Part of NCL's freestyle does include the ability to stay in your room until your group is called for debarkation.

OTOH, we appreciate the work that the stewards have doe all week long and get out so that they can get on with what has to be the most hectic day of the week for them.

Charlie

i will just repeat what has been said: you do not have to vacate your cabin until the very last minute if you don't want to. We usually head to breakfast, return to our cabin and try not to mess up anything the stewards have already cleaned. the latest, normally anyone can stay on board is about 10:30. That should give you time to relax, not be rushed and you will get to your Houston hotel about normal check in time. NMnita

i will just repeat what has been said: you do not have to vacate your cabin until the very last minute if you don't want to. We usually head to breakfast, return to our cabin and try not to mess up anything the stewards have already cleaned. the latest, normally anyone can stay on board is about 10:30. That should give you time to relax, not be rushed and you will get to your Houston hotel about normal check in time. NMnita

Thank you for the info. :)

One thought......... Remember how excited you were to get on board the ship. Well the others following you on the next sailing are feeling the same way. That process can only start once everyone is off the ship, rooms cleaned, etc........if you know what I mean?

One thought......... Remember how excited you were to get on board the ship. Well the others following you on the next sailing are feeling the same way. That process can only start once everyone is off the ship, rooms cleaned, etc........if you know what I mean?

Yep, I know what you mean. That is why I asked my question. :rolleyes:

Archived