Solo Traveler on SeaDream?

lindasp62

Hi, I am a solo female traveler, age 44, and am considering a cruise on Sea Dream. for anyone who has cruised on SeaDream.....were there any solo travelers? Was the ships atmosphere open to solo travelers? Would I feel completely out of place? Any comments would be appreciated.

Lindasp62:

I think you will find SeaDream to be fine. On each of our SD trips, we have met single women. Usually with a friend but also sailing alone. SD passengers are generally very friendly and inclusive. In short order you will make new friends and go on shore excursions with others. You truly can be as alone or included as you wish. Interaction with passengers and crew truly makes SD special.

All the best,

Jim & Lois

Linda... I've done both a cruise and a crossing (see my 'blogs' below) and enjoyed myself immensely as you can see from my reports. I didn't do any of the ships tours but this is a good way to connect with others. As far as dining goes, you can ask the maitre 'd to seat you with other guests or you can eat alone as you wish. I had several invitations to dine at hosted tables and that is always fun plus you get the best of the wine.Often I'd have breakfast on my own by choice and sometimes lunch too if I wanted to eat quickly.

I have 3 more SD's booked--2 crossings and one cruise--and I'll be on my own on all of them. But then I do almost all of my travelling alone and have done for many years... really like it that way.

alita

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I spent a magical week on SeaDream I last September on their Crotia to Venice cruise. I had booked through a travel agency--it was a gay travel agent--who had booked about a third of the ship. I purchased a solo room and had a blast. Of course meeting all of the other passengers was part of the fun. Out of the hundred or so passengers, about 30 of us were gay. By the end of the week we were all great friends. I know you'd have no trouble fitting in. I loved it so much, I've booked again for the SeaDream II cruise in June cruising the Amalfi coast Rome to Rome. You might try that cruise. I'll be happy to take you under my wing!

Hello,

I was a solo traveler on SeaDream I cruise from Croatia to Venice last September. I had booked a cruise through Zoom Vacations (a gay travel agent). About 30 of us were gay, but that proved to be no problem at all. By the end of the week we were all best friends, braiding each others hair! I know you'd be fine on a solo cruise. I am booking another solo cruise on the SeaDream II Rome/Rome in June. Join us and I'll take you under my wing. Hee hee.

Hi, I am a solo female traveler, age 44, and am considering a cruise on Sea Dream. for anyone who has cruised on SeaDream.....were there any solo travelers? Was the ships atmosphere open to solo travelers? Would I feel completely out of place? Any comments would be appreciated.

I've taken 3 cruises on the SD II and there have been a couple of single ladies, (not together), on each one...

They have often joined us, (or others), for drinks, dinners or lounging around the pool / hot tub and chatting.

I think that the people you meet on the SD cruises is one of the best parts;

Diverse, cosmopolitan, friendly and inclusive.

(Except for the Brit with the bushy sideburns.. just kidding).

I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Regards,

Dimitri

Archived