BALCONY CABIN ROOM LOCATION Freedom...

DISFANS3

WE will be going on the RCI Freedom or Liberty in May 2008, Going to get a Balcony Cabin. This is the first time on RCI for us, Which Balcony cabin should we ask for when we make our deposit?? WE have never had a Balcony cabin on previous cruies. Just don't want to be under nightclub or long ways to elevator, any help......THANKS.....

I think you did well. We'll be in 8334 on Freedom and it's the same cabin as yours (only on starboard side) It's not the center of the hump, more facing the front of the ship, but very cool view. Being near the stairs and elevators is a big plus, also.

You might also be interested in the VERY popular aft cabins.

In case you don't know what an aft cabin is, they are the cabins at the very back of the ship that actually face backwards.

They are also the largest balconies on the ship.

After hearing all of the people rave about them here on CC, I decided to book one for myself in May :D

Tracy,

So I did good by booking 8634 on the Freedom? What makes the hump cabins sooooo good?

Awesome! I was in 6332 for the inaugural, and you will be even one closer to the middle (mid-hump are the Best-of-the-best). You feel like you are hanging off the side of the ship, and have an incredible view.

Love love love the hump!

I'm not an aft fan. You get no breeze and only see "where you've been"...I much prefer the side view and ocean breeze to the larger balcony (but they are awesome for parties and having gatherings of friends). The aft cabins can also get a bit sooty, so you have to be sure to put a towel down on the chairs/loungers before sitting down. :)

The wake of the ship in the moonlight is very pretty though.

T

Zotzer, I am in 7632 on freedom in March. It is the first hump cabin towards the front, I believe thats what you were in only on deck 6. Is the balcony a full size? When I was on the jewel it was very small and had an angle. I am hoping that is not the case on Freedom. Thanks for your help.

Sue

We were in cabin 9642 on the Freedom of Seas in November. It was a great location. We walked out of our room and directly across to the elevators. It was basically positioned at the back 1/3 of the ship.

The balcony itself was pushed out due to the location, across from the elevators. There was no inside cabin across from us. With the balcony out, we basically looked left and right and did not see any other balconies. Also, we could look straight down and see only water!:)

Having said that, I do NOT think I would have been disappointed if my cabin had been 5-6 cabins down. We like to get close to an elevator though.

Thanks for the info!! Been trying for a couple of weeks to find out if it was a good selection. I need to thank my TA. She is the one who chose it.

We looked at doing an aft cabin based in large part of the comments on here. However, because this our first cruise back with RC after a bad experience on the SOS, we decided to do one with just a balcony. If everything goes well with RC on our July 1st we will probably book an aft for our next cruise.

Archived