RCI Bus service from Philly to Bayonne

Carol, I checked with my TA and she said they offer bus service from Sunpark on Essington Ave. It is $109 roundtrip. I do not know about timing yet and our cruise isn't until October so we might not know until the cruise gets closer. I am glad they offer something because I don't think I want to go with Dave's Limo.

Carol, I checked with my TA and she said they offer bus service from Sunpark on Essington Ave. It is $109 roundtrip. I do not know about timing yet and our cruise isn't until October so we might not know until the cruise gets closer. I am glad they offer something because I don't think I want to go with Dave's Limo.

chicken:D

Bill

Well, there is a stranger! Where the heck have you been Bill? Hope you and Marianne are doing well!

Carol - pickup time is 11:15am for us at Sunpark

Terri,

We are doing good. I been watching a lot of TV (football games) and working.

Hope you and the rest of the gang are doing great! :)

Bill

how about driving up to newark the night before and getting a room by the airport...you can probably book a park n fly deal at a bunch of them

Check out the Newark Best Western stay and cruise package. It seems popular for those flying or driving into Bayonne. 1-877-442-0992. It provides free shuttle to and from the port and also to the airport if needed. It's about 160.00 plus tax for 2 people. :)

Why not? We used them to go to the Crown Princess at the Brooklyn Pier last July, and it was fine. (have used them to the Newark Airport, too)

Wait a minute, that's the same price that someone else posted a day or so ago as the price from BALTIMORE to Bayonne. CAN'T be the same price!

Hello,

I have taken the bus twice from Sunpark to Bayonne. It was fantastic,

very easy and not expensive. One time we made a short stop in NJ, and

the other time it was nonstop. It makes the trip more relaxing, the bus

drops you off at the building where you check-in. After claiming our luggage upon returning, the bus was right there and we were back in Essington

quickly. Both times they used Academy Bus Company. I will use it again

when I cruise again this year, without a doubt.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Why not? We used them to go to the Crown Princess at the Brooklyn Pier last July, and it was fine. (have used them to the Newark Airport, too)

Wait a minute, that's the same price that someone else posted a day or so ago as the price from BALTIMORE to Bayonne. CAN'T be the same price!

I guess I heard a few horror stories about Dave's. We were next to one of their vans the other day and I wondered where they fit all the luggage? It is $10 more to take RCI's bus.

Hello,

I have taken the bus twice from Sunpark to Bayonne. It was fantastic,

very easy and not expensive. One time we made a short stop in NJ, and

the other time it was nonstop. It makes the trip more relaxing, the bus

drops you off at the building where you check-in. After claiming our luggage upon returning, the bus was right there and we were back in Essington

quickly. Both times they used Academy Bus Company. I will use it again

when I cruise again this year, without a doubt.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Well, Rob, the airport is in the right direction for you: Between you and Bayonne!

For me (and for Terri!) it's going backwards - driving south to head north.

We are three, so parking would have to be more than $327 for this to be cost-effective! (and I always tip a driver, so the break-point would be even higher).

I may actually look into hiring a private driver. You know, just some guy with a big car who drives people for extra money. My Dad does this when he cruises out of NY.

And I didn't have any bad experiences with Dave. And they have a pick-up point about two miles from my house, on City Avenue.

Yup, I found it, on my Roll Call for next August, obviously the same cruise that I will need to get to!

"my TA checked for me last friday & we are now boarding a bus at the Travel Plaza in Baltimore, for $109 per person round trip. now we can sit back & enjoy the ride! "

How can two trips, one TWICE as long as the other, be the same price?!?!?!?!?!?

We are three, so parking would have to be more than $327 for this to be cost-effective! (and I always tip a driver, so the break-point would be even higher).

I may actually look into hiring a private driver. You know, just some guy with a big car who drives people for extra money. My Dad does this when he cruises out of NJ

It sure better be a BIG car, for 3 people with all the luggage! I used a Limo service and the max they would take in their stretch LIMO was 4 people. I had to hire a 15 passenger Van for anything over 4 people with luggage. Good Luck!

Yup, I found it, on my Roll Call for next August, obviously the same cruise that I will need to get to!

"my TA checked for me last friday & we are now boarding a bus at the Travel Plaza in Baltimore, for $109 per person round trip. now we can sit back & enjoy the ride! "

How can two trips, one TWICE as long as the other, be the same price?!?!?!?!?!?

When you get on in Burlington NJ, guess what the trip cost? You guessed it, $109.00, We will do it again. Trip is about 85 mins. from exit 5 NJ turnpike. Do not have to deal with the crush of cars (oops wrong words) at the northern end of turnpike.

At least there are alternatives out there for those who do not want to drive.

Question - What happens if the ship's return is delayed and you book

a car service? This happened to us on the Voyager, we hit a very

bad storm and were delayed in leaving our last port by 14 hours. We

arrived into Bayonne late at night. It became a total mess. I was

sure glad to be booked on the Royal Carib. bus. As you can imagine,

the port was a disaster with twice as many people, cars, luggage,

etc etc. The bus got us home in no time.

Rob

Question - What happens if the ship's return is delayed and you book

a car service? This happened to us on the Voyager, we hit a very

bad storm and were delayed in leaving our last port by 14 hours. We

arrived into Bayonne late at night. It became a total mess. I was

sure glad to be booked on the Royal Carib. bus. As you can imagine,

the port was a disaster with twice as many people, cars, luggage,

etc etc. The bus got us home in no time.

Rob

Globetrotter was that the Voyager from Bermuda that sailed late Oct. 2005? If so The car traffic was terrible. I wish we knew about the bus then. It took about 1.5 hours to get out of the port. That is why we took the bus last trip to Bayonne.

Archived