when does Room Service start?

ronkay

We have booked the top Suite on our up coming cruise and are looking forward to enjoying the room. I know they have the buffet going on the Lido deck when you board the ship but when Does Room Service Start, At 1:30 when the rooms are ready, after sailing? I have a lot of stuff to surprise my wife with in the room and think we might be spending some time there the first few hours.

We have booked the top Suite on our up coming cruise and are looking forward to enjoying the room. I know they have the buffet going on the Lido deck when you board the ship but when Does Room Service Start, At 1:30 when the rooms are ready, after sailing? I have a lot of stuff to surprise my wife with in the room and think we might be spending some time there the first few hours.

I don't know for sure when they start, but they are serving by 4pm.

Check out the gift section on Carnival's site. They have canape trays that you can have delivered to your room, they will be there when you arrive. Good price too.. $16 for three dozen mini open-faced sandwich type things, 5 or 6 different kinds. Something to think about.

"Carnival's Canape trays are served with cream cheese on French bread, truffle pate on white bread, sliced boiled egg on French bread, salmon mousse on white bread and last but not least, ham served on sliced white bread."

thanks for crepe suggestion, I have already ordered flowers, champange and the chocolate strawberries. but my wife loves brie and I heard they have a nice roast beef and brie plate on the room service menu?

when we cruised the Miracle. Had champagne, a canape tray and the strawberries for the room. We had to call room service when we got into the room for the strawberries and the canape's as some of them (the canapes) are warm, the champage was sitting on the desk. I called the steward to ask for ice and they are off-duty until 4 or so. I called room service for ice and they said they couldn't deliver that I would have to get it from my room steward :( I don't know if this is usual or not but just something to keep in mind - and to say room service was there on the phone but I didn't try to order anything other than what I had already paid for and some ice...

Also the brie and roast beef is a sandwich not sure if that is what you were expecting...

If you really need ice and the steward is off duty there is a pantry on each deck (probably one then one - but I stop searching once I find one). Just take your ice bucket and go in search. There is an ice machine and if you get tried of the room service tray you can drop that off there also.

I know some will say - what do I pay tips for? But they really do have A LOT of cabins so to me it's worth the time to get it myself instead of waiting.

Thanks for the heads up! Of course it would have been nicer to know this then like if someone at room service had told me I could find ice myself...

If you really need ice and the steward is off duty there is a pantry on each deck (probably one then one - but I stop searching once I find one). Just take your ice bucket and go in search. There is an ice machine and if you get tried of the room service tray you can drop that off there also.

I know some will say - what do I pay tips for? But they really do have A LOT of cabins so to me it's worth the time to get it myself instead of waiting.

I do self-service on the ice too. If you can't find the ice machine on your floor, worst case you can go to lido deck and fill up from the machines there. ON the first day, we usually hijack one of the buckets they serve beer in on lido and use it as a second ice bucket to keep my valuables cold in the room. The stewards aren't always good about keeping ice in my cooler and I don't like to bother them about it and then wait for them to bring it.

WOW! all I got to say is that you have 1 lucky Wife!

Have a great trip!

The stewards aren't always good about keeping ice in my cooler.

They're only suppose to refill your ice buckets twice a day - when they clean the room in the mornings and again at turn-down service at night. If you need ice any other time, you can always call room service (or as you and I both do - find the icemaker on your deck).:)

Cabin stewards are off-duty from noon till around 5pm. There's a note to that effect in the cabin....that if you need something during those hours, call room service or the purser's desk.

Archived