Only receiving 25.00 of On Board Credit

Lois R

Hi......I emailed my TA...who in turn emailed me back..saying the particular promotion is 25.00 per person:eek: ....I emailed her back..asking if that is unusual...she said with HAL it can vary......

I paid a very good price for sailing solo so I guess I shouldn't complain....but....

you would think it would be "coupon per cabin"......oh well.....

Marie and Lois, On both of my up coming HAL cruises we are only getting a $25.00 per person credit because HAL is matching the lowest internet prices we are finding on the internet so the credits do not apply. If we want to full promo we need to pay the promo fare which is far more than another $25.00 per person.

Lisa..thank you for that information:).....we were typing at the same time....

At least I feel a bit better..was thinking...here we go again....cruising solo...so the "normal promotions" do not apply...

I've been reading your posts since I got back. Welcome the the HAL board!

Do you have a single guarantee or just a single for 7 days? When we were onboard the Rotterdam and booked the Zaandam we were offered $75 pp for 11 days; we got $500 (together) for 34 days. It supposedly depends on the length of the cruise and whether or not you book onboard. They only have future cruise consultants on trips of 12 days or longer but there still may be benefits for booking onboard.

I visited the X board and saw you over there too. We've never been on X but are thinking about it. Have you done any longer cruises with them? Every little bit of info helps.

Thanks,

Grannynurse

Hi Granny...thanks for the welcome:)

First, I have a guaranty on this cruise~I probably won't know my cabin until right before I leave here for FLL LOL...when you say a single guaranty?....is there a difference? I am very happy with the price I paid.

Next, I have only been on 7 day cruises....2 on CENTURY:D once on Mercury:D .

I will be honest, I LOVE Celebrity. This cruise on HAL was booked very last minute.....the price was too good to pass up....lets hope the week on the Zuiderdam is a wonderful experience!

One of these days...hopefully...I will have the $ for a longer cruise:)

Hi Granny...thanks for the welcome:)

First, I have a guaranty on this cruise~I probably won't know my cabin until right before I leave here for FLL LOL...when you say a single guaranty?....is there a difference? I am very happy with the price I paid.

Next, I have only been on 7 day cruises....2 on CENTURY:D once on Mercury:D .

I will be honest, I LOVE Celebrity. This cruise on HAL was booked very last minute.....the price was too good to pass up....lets hope the week on the Zuiderdam is a wonderful experience!

One of these days...hopefully...I will have the $ for a longer cruise:)

Hi Lois,

My TA got me a $50 credit and I am a solo guarantee on the Veendam to Alaska. Time to call again, maybe?

Tina...I just emailed my TA after reading your post......And asked here to please contact HAL again......she is a wonderful TA who I am friends with and I know she will do whatever she can for me.

But I did tell her "one of the gals on the HAL board is sailing solo and received a 50.00 coupon"......lets see what happens.......thank you for the post:).

Hi Lois:

We got a $100.00 credit. My TA told me it didn't apply to our 3rd person (mom). I'm one of those people who booked a long time ago & picked the room I wanted. I did get a price reduction for this cruise right before my final payment. I'd ask why you only get $25.00.

I'm sure you will have a Great time on this cruise. You sound like you have fun wherever you go! I'm looking forward to meeting you.

I've only cruised on HAl but this year the family is taking a Christmas cruise on RCI. I'm not sure what to expect but I'm sure we will have fun. As long as they feed me, clean up after me, and drive me what more can I ask for. This also mean not buying very many Christmas presents and putting up less decorations. My neighbor will be happy if I let him put his lights up first and have the most decorations. This year he'll be happy!

hey Ruthann:) I am looking forward to meeting you and your family as well! We are going to have a great time.

And yes, I emailed my TA again....it is odd that one solo cruiser is eligible for 50.00 while another one only 25.00.

Who knows why things are done?...Hopefully she will find out what is what:eek:

hey Ruthann:) I am looking forward to meeting you and your family as well! We are going to have a great time.

And yes, I emailed my TA again....it is odd that one solo cruiser is eligible for 50.00 while another one only 25.00.

Who knows why things are done?...Hopefully she will find out what is what:eek:

Good luck Lois.

And, have a great cruise!

Sean

Sean:) ..thank you..and please FORGIVE ME...I mis-read your screen name and called you Tina:( ....I should have looked more closely...Tinknock...not Tina...I hope you accept my apology...

I should know better...my entire life people have spelled my name LOUIS....I have to tell them noooo...I am not a guy:eek: its L O I S

Sean:) ..thank you..and please FORGIVE ME...I mis-read your screen name and called you Tina:( ....I should have looked more closely...Tinknock...not Tina...I hope you accept my apology...

I should know better...my entire life people have spelled my name LOUIS....I have to tell them noooo...I am not a guy:eek: its L O I S

No problem......

It's actually funny because I thought "who is this Tina?"........and then I realized you were responding to my post. lol

Call me Sean....:)

Sean

Lois - Sean and I are just missing one another on the Veedam by ONLY one week. I sail on the 22nd, and he sails on the 29th. It would have been fun to know another solo cruiser on board. :).

Marie

That is a shame.....but atleast Marie will make sure the ship is in good shape for when I board.:)

Sean

well now, you are both 2 of my new friends:D don't you love these boards?!

Now if I only had any realistic chance of doing much cruising after the Veendam in September , we could plan on being on the same ship at the same time.

Sean

Archived