Legend TA April '08 (from March '08)

crystal808

Got a call from my TA today, and he said that SB had changed the date to April 6th on this cruise, and would honor my original price & deposit if I wished to confirm the change, which I did(!). The strange part was that they said that they had me "wait listed" originally, which was certainly news to me! I booked a GTY and have the original invoice for my deposit....

I imagine I'll get a new invoice soon from my TA, but wanted to forward the information, and reiterate a "new" Legend '08 TA thread....

I hope everyone's plans are able to accommodate the "new" schedule!

Paul

"Crystal808" Paul,

Glad to hear that you could accept the schedule change. You should get a new booking number and invoice from Seabourn shortly. I do not know what is going on with Seaourn's computers but what I have read in other threads about passengers with assigned cabins being "waitlisted" all of a sudden. :eek: As a precaution, I would keep all documentation just in case.

The other ...

<<still trying to decide whether to do the Pride or Legend crossing in 2008>>

Well, the Pride will be a few weeks before the Legend, if that makes a difference....

Aww, come on Matt....you know you want to! ;) :D

Paul

still awaiting update confirmations...

Well, it seems they're not "honoring" the original price, after all. About $600 higher on the base amount (remembering we're factoring in the single supplement here). They are still offering the 50% Early Booking discount on it, so the additional is only about $300 in my case. I've already told my TA to accept it....

Just didn't want others to get their expectations too high. I know that SB (and any cruise line) can do anything they wish with fares prior to boarding(!), and, this far out, it's not unreasonable to expect to pay more for a longer cruise....

Not a deal breaker, for me....;)

Paul :)

After pursuing it a little further, I've gotten an invoice from my TA. SB issued another credit to bring the fare back to the original 12-day price. :D

No doubt that won't help others who have yet to book, but it's nice to see that SB didn't take the "hard" line (although they certainly would have been within their rights to do so), and, moreover, stood by their original promise....

A happy day...(!) ;)

Paul

By now I hope everyone has heard from Seabourn and gotten their options straightened out. The puzzle of the wait lists was an operational thing required by the reservations system to protect the suites while they made the change in dates. They had to "block" those suites while they changed everything--so bookings were put on "wait list" status.

Shefinch's original complaint in the other thread is still a puzzle, though. If I understand correctly, there should be no reason that Seabourn wouldn't grant Grand Voyage status to a 19-day combination Carib/TA cruise. If her TA is willing to try again maybe this can be salvaged.

bgood

I just got off the phone with my TA and it is all still a big mystery to everyone (including Seabourn) on how they are handling those of us who are (were?) booked on the Grand Voyage that originally departed March 16th.

My TA was told that I should select either the new round-trip St Thomas itinerary OR the TransAtlantic itinerary and just cancel what's left. Hmmm. Me thinks they are really hoping to solve this problem thru attrition rather than deal with the customer in a logical manner.

My TA professed to be quite shocked and asked the Seabourn rep point blank, "Your solution to this mess is to have my clients cancel half their cruise?"

The response was "yes".

I told my TA to escalate this. I really don't believe the front line person he is dealing with has all the info.

Anyhoo...I don't want to hijack the thread! I just wanted to let those of you who have gone thru the same thing, not everyone's case has been ironed out yet.

I'm very glad for those of you who have had swift resolution. Now you can go back to day dreaming of all the Seabourn fun instead of wading thru all of the Seabourn mishigas!:)

I just got off the phone with my TA and it is all still a big mystery to everyone (including Seabourn) on how they are handling those of us who are (were?) booked on the Grand Voyage that originally departed March 16th.

My TA was told that I should select either the new round-trip St Thomas itinerary OR the TransAtlantic itinerary and just cancel what's left. Hmmm. Me thinks they are really hoping to solve this problem thru attrition rather than deal with the customer in a logical manner.

My TA professed to be quite shocked and asked the Seabourn rep point blank, "Your solution to this mess is to have my clients cancel half their cruise?"

The response was "yes".

I told my TA to escalate this. I really don't believe the front line person he is dealing with has all the info.

That is amazing!:eek: I think you're right that whomever you or your TA is dealing with doesn't have "all the info". You're right to pursue this up the line until you get someone who "knows" what's going on. It's inconceivable that SB "wants" you to cancel any part of your cruise!!

Be patient and persistant, and I have to think you'll have this sorted out satisfactorily...! ;)

(And no need to apologize about this thread!!! It's yours, too!)

Paul

By now I hope everyone has heard from Seabourn and gotten their options straightened out. The puzzle of the wait lists was an operational thing required by the reservations system to protect the suites while they made the change in dates. They had to "block" those suites while they changed everything--so bookings were put on "wait list" status.

Shefinch's original complaint in the other thread is still a puzzle, though. If I understand correctly, there should be no reason that Seabourn wouldn't grant Grand Voyage status to a 19-day combination Carib/TA cruise. If her TA is willing to try again maybe this can be salvaged.

bgood

Well we have now been able to book the extra 7 days at 50% off so it amounts to the same thing. What I can't understand is our TA is saying that on the original crossing booking SB are honouring the price and aren't charging any more for the 20 days?? Maybe we will get an invoice at a later date?

Hi Shelagh, Same TA as you but our price for the one we had booked (19days) to the one we have just re-booked (20 days) has gone up by £84 each for an A grade suite!! Is it just us then that Seabourn do not like??

Kathryn

Daneite,

You used the term "re-booked" and that may be the key. As noted on the other thread--the new fares for the 20-day version were posted on January 8 and any new booking after that date would have a higher fare. But any existing booking for the 19-day booked before that should be rate-protected at the 19-day fare for the 20-day cruise.

bgood

Daneite,

You should have good news soon--they need to "special fare" your booking and only anointed high priests are allowed to do that. None in the UK.

bgood

Man I LOVE this forum!! Thanks bgood!

Host Dan

Daneite,

But any existing booking for the 19-day booked before that should be rate-protected at the 19-day fare for the 20-day cruise.

bgood

Just spoke to our TA and he informed us that anyone booked on transatlantic part only have been rate protected but anyone on a Grand Voyage have not. It seems if you spend more money you get penalised. He is going to look into it again for us.

Kathryn

Man I LOVE this forum!! Thanks bgood!

Host Dan

Me too Dan!! I just come on here and have a rant when something has upset me and lo and behold it gets sorted:D . On the times it doesn't get sorted I usually receive kind words of support from friends. This is probably what keeps us sane, a kind of online therapy:D

See you in March on the unchanged crossing Dan:D .

Kathryn

Me too Dan!! I just come on here and have a rant when something has upset me and lo and behold it gets sorted:D . On the times it doesn't get sorted I usually receive kind words of support from friends. This is probably what keeps us sane, a kind of online therapy:D

See you in March on the unchanged crossing Dan:D .

Kathryn

March???

Hi all! :)

Not to be a fly in the ointment ;), but I find it rather unfortunate that some people's issues get straightened out only after they complain about it here on a public message board. What about those that don't use the internet?

I hope Seabourn is not only fixing these problems but also the break-down in the process that made them become problems in the first place!

Hi all! :)

Not to be a fly in the ointment ;), but I find it rather unfortunate that some people's issues get straightened out only after they complain about it here on a public message board. What about those that don't use the internet?

I hope Seabourn is not only fixing these problems but also the break-down in the process that made them become problems in the first place!

Seabourn maybe have the same computer-problems as this board ?:D

T&T

My hassles with Seabourn concerning my status on the STT-LIS (3/30/08-04/19/08) all seem to finally be over. My TA called with the good news today. The new cruise is a day longer than it was but Seabourn booked me at the same price as the "old" cruise. All in all I am very happy. Seabourn came thru with flying colors as far as I'm concerned.:D :D

The biggest stumbling block appeared to have been the frontline rez clerk that my TA was required to deal with. The clerk had no knowledge of the changed itineraries and was completely unable to provide any adequate alternatives. Once the issue was elevated to the supervisory level the solutions followed. So the knowledge is there, it just needs to filter down and out.:rolleyes:

Archived