Journey Cabin Assignment Concerns

jcpc

We had 4 cabins booked on June 23 sailing of Zenith -- we've been transferred to the Journey. One of the cabins was a double the other three were triple occupancy.

The double occupancy cabin got upgraded to a Sky Suite.

One of the quad cabins have been assigned 2 separate outside cabins (due to lack of quad cabins on ship they explained they have to split the 4 people up).

The other two quad cabins are showing as "Guarantee" (i.e. no cabin assignment).

The fact that the other 2 quad cabins are not showing any assigned cabin(s) has us extremely worried.

Our TA has called the Redeployment Department at Celebrity many times and has been repeatedly told the same thing -- the two quad families are showing as confirmed reservations and will NOT be bumped from the sailing. I, unfortunately, do not believe Celebrity on this. My fear is that although the 4 bookings are linked and cross referenced, 2 of the bookings are going to get "bumped" from the ship -- leaving 1/2 of us booked on a vacation and the other 1/2 sitting at home

Is anyone else in the same boat (so to speak) as our group is? We're really worried and not getting a "warm, fuzzy feeling" from Celebrity. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

However anything is possible.

If you are paid in full, or up to date on your deposits there should be no problem. Most lines have a number of reserve cabins that they have some flexibility with.

Even with the limited cabins available due to the smaller ship, With the advance warning X had, I highly doubt anyone will be left high and dry.

BTW: Sometimes a GTY or X , Y, Z category is not a bad thing. In some cases it works out to be an upgrade to a higher category.

Best of luck and don't worry

Dave:eek:

And Guaranties mean just that...you are guaranteed a cabin just not yet assigned. We had guarantees for our Mercury Down Under cruises for some time and were recently assigned cabins. And as Dave said, you could get lucky and get a higher level cabin! I wouldn't worry...

Thanks Sheila and Dave. I realize Guarantee cabins often work to the advantage of the cruiser, however, I'm still concerned about the lack of cabin assignments for 2 of the parties. I can't understand why Celebrity would assign 2 separate cabins to one of the quads and then just not do anything with the other 2 quads.

I've sailed extensively and exclusively with Celebrity for the past 15 years but I know that and a dollar will get me a cup of coffee!

I do know for a fact that Celebrity (and all cruise lines for that matter) sometimes "oversells" their ships and calls agencies asking if passengers would be willing to "give up" their cabin for a different sailing date.

I'm hoping everything works out okay, but as I said before I just don't have a good feeling about this! Oh well, I guess we'll just wait and see.

Insofar as the June 23 sailing is SOLD OUT, your ta needs to get ahold of her dsm and get you cabin assignments. PRONTO.

It appears that Celebrity is waiting to see if they get cancellations at final payment time. I don't think there is going to be the normal cancellation rate on the early sailings as we all busted our backsides to get our passengers reaccommodated on the new ship for their original sail dates.

I will tell you that we did have passengers we had to move from June 23 because not all cabins could be reaccommodated.

Good luck.

Insofar as the June 23 sailing is SOLD OUT, your ta needs to get ahold of her dsm and get you cabin assignments. PRONTO.

It appears that Celebrity is waiting to see if they get cancellations at final payment time. I don't think there is going to be the normal cancellation rate on the early sailings as we all busted our backsides to get our passengers reaccommodated on the new ship for their original sail dates.

I will tell you that we did have passengers we had to move from June 23 because not all cabins could be reaccommodated.

Good luck.

Good point Babette!

Lauren and I are scheduled to be on the May 26th Journey cruise and it is sold out as well. We have a guarantee situation too. I think I will contact my TA and see if we can get some info.

Thanks!

Kel

Thanks, Babette. When you say that you had to move passengers who could not be accommodated on the June 23rd sailing......did Celebrity come right out and tell you that these passengers could not be accommodated or did Celebrity put them in Guarantees and you chose to move them due to their "Guarantee" status??

Kel - I'd be interested to see what kind of info (if any) you get from your travel agent!

I called my TA again this morning and she told me she has already spoken with her district sales manager and that he assured her that none of the bookings will be cancelled. I asked her to please call him back again and force the issue of cabin assignments. I'll be very interested in his response to her.

I am learning a lot from this thread. Can someone please tell me if I'm naive in thinking that final decisions won't be made until after the final payment date passes? My understanding is that until then, they won't know who has cancelled by not making final payment. At that time, some cabins should open up. I realize, as ocngypz said, that there are likely to be fewer cancellations on the first Journey cruises, but there should be some. Right?

Hi Everyone!

I guess it depends on the number of people who booked the Zenith, before they brought on the Journey. If the Zenith was only 50% booked, then there should be no problem, but if it were 75% booked, that could be a different matter. At this point, I'm not going to worry about it.

Enjoy!

Kel

This is what I got back from my travel agent:

"In my 25+ years I have never had or heard of a cruise passenger being bumped. This is not done like the airlines.

That date is sold out. Many dates have been removed from sale because the group allotments have to be protected if they sell. Agencies with groups will be required to return unsold space around Feb 25.

Also, in the last 120 days a cruise ship has about a 10% turnover/cancel rate and about another 5% just prior to final payment date.

You should not worry"

May 26 group space was recalled long time ago. Whatever we were able to hold on to... we were given 30 days to sell. My space for July 14th will be recalled Feb 4th.

The $1499 2a balcony rates are for October sailings. The are not promotional fares, they are just plain old every day rates.

In the past two weeks I have received 7 requests from cruiselines for my clients to move to other bookings because their sailings are oversold!

In case of the June 23rd sailing, I needed triples because of children. Could not be accommodated.

Kelmac

Im sorry to say your TA is incorrect..cruise lines make offers to people all the time to take other trips because the ship is sold out..particularly on the smallerr ships..you dont have to worry tho..they would keep you and the rest of your party on if you insisted..

I wouldnt be too concerned..just have you agent keep and eye on it..

Jan

Archived