Question about the Sun

Lewdog

We will be doing our first Princess Cruise on the Sun to Alaska in May. Have sailed Carnival and RCI several times before.

I assume Princess does the "onboard credit card thing" like the other lines?

Do I assume correctly this card would be used for the alternate dining choices that require a cover charge?

Is there a sauna and/or steam room on the Sun?

We will be doing our first Princess Cruise on the Sun to Alaska in May. Have sailed Carnival and RCI several times before.

Do I assume correctly this card would be used for the alternate dining choices that require a cover charge?

The credit card is for a 'Cashless Cruise'. Enjoy.:)

john

Sun class ships have both a dry sauna and a steam room, in each of the dressing rooms in the spa. Free last time I checked, but that could have changed. Very nice :) There is no "thermal suite" as they have on the Grand class ships.

Yes, your room card is how you pay for onbaord expenses, including alternative dining. The Sun only has the Sterling Steakhouse, which is set up in part of the buffet in the evening.

Enjoy!

Though the Sun is an older ship, I think she is wonderful for Alaska! DH is really into photography, and you can go out onto the forward deck while you are in Glacier Bay, and take unobstructed photos. We were so disappointed that the Coral had blue windscreens on the top deck, which interfered with photography.:( Have a great cruise!

Archived