Cancellinations spa, excursions, dinner etc.

CMM

Sailing on the Crown and was wondering if you book spa treatments, excursions, and specialty restaurants and can't make them do you still get charged? We might want to change our excursion choice or if one of us gets ill?

Thanks

Sailing on the Crown and was wondering if you book spa treatments, excursions, and specialty restaurants and can't make them do you still get charged? We might want to change our excursion choice or if one of us gets ill?

Thanks

There are cancellation policies in place for shore excursions and the spa - I believe it is 24 hours notice, and even then they still might charge you something if you cancel. You would want to make sure before you booked.

For the specialty restaurant, I am not sure - I think if you call and cancel anytime you won't be charged, but I would verify that when making the reservation.

The excursions desk will post deadlines for cancelling excursions without being charged; the deadline is generally 24 hours before you arrive at that port, but may be earlier, so be sure to check. For the specialty restaurants, they also ask you to cancel your reservation 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged, but I'd imagine that if someone gets sick they'd allow you to cancel on the same day... I don't know about spa treatments; maybe someone else can answer that question!

The excursions desk will post deadlines for cancelling excursions without being charged; the deadline is generally 24 hours before you arrive at that port, but may be earlier, so be sure to check. For the specialty restaurants, they also ask you to cancel your reservation 24 hours in advance to avoid being charged, but I'd imagine that if someone gets sick they'd allow you to cancel on the same day... I don't know about spa treatments; maybe someone else can answer that question!

With the assigned dining, you don't have to show up every night. We always have early seating for dinner and there were times we didn't show or just one of us did, if the other was sick.

What about if you are confined to your bed room (quarantined) due to a contagious illness and it is less than 24 hrs. This should/could/would be an exception to the regular cancellation policy. I am correct? If not, please, by all means, chime in.

Thanks

While my experience was more a "change in plans" than cancellation, perhaps this will be helpful. I had booked a service at the spa during an in-port day. We had a short excursion planned, but expected to be back in plenty of time for me to make the spa appointment. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. When I got back on board I went to the spa and explained. They didn't charge me for the unused appointment. I did re-book, although a lesser service since they couldn't fit me in for the previously-scheduled service.

We also made a reservation for one of the specialty restaurants, the steakhouse. One of our party became ill before dinner, another started feeling poorly before receiving his food -- so we were down 2 people out of 8. We were not charged for either of the unused dinners, and the staff was very, very nice about it.

What about if you are confined to your bed room (quarantined) due to a contagious illness and it is less than 24 hrs. This should/could/would be an exception to the regular cancellation policy. I am correct? If not, please, by all means, chime in.

You are correct. You (or someone with you who's not ill) take your tour tickets to the doctor and they will stamp them saying that you're unable to take your scheduled tour. Then return the tickets to the Tour Desk and they'll credit your account.

I hope this doesn't happen to you :eek: !

If you go to the doctor or the medical center and have a legitimate medical reason, they will stamp the tickets. You then turn them into the Shore Desk and they are credited back to your onboard account. That happened to me last year on the Island Princess: I got a severe case of laryngitis and felt awful. I went to the Medical Center to get my ticket stamped and at first, they refused without my seeing the doctor. So, I whispered, "Great. I'll just sit in the middle of as large a group as possible and cough." I got my stamp.

As for the regular cancellation policies, it's between 24 to 48 hours prior to the tour, depending on the port and itinerary. There'll be a notice in the Patter with specifics as to which port's tours are closing with the day and the time.

There are cancellation policies for all that mentioned.

Unless you are ill, the specialty restaurants will charge you just for changing your mind or not feeling up to going.

The tours have cancellation dates as well and unless you get something from the medical center they will still charge you.

I know the spa has a 24 hour cancellation policy, if you don't cancel within that it's either a 50% charge or full charge. You can find that out right on your cruise personalizer when you go to book them. They may not be as accomodating since they're run by Steiner and not Princess.

Don't jinx yourself by worrying about getting ill!

Thanks

Yes, you will be charged if you do not cancel your spa treatment within their requested time frame. As far as the specialty retaurants goes; it would only be courteous if you cancel, because oftentimes the space is limited and others may want your time slot.

Pink Suit

Archived