Booking New Ship - Seabourn's Letter

SantaAna,CA

Just wondering if everyone has received their letter from Seabourn regarding putting a deposit on the new ship for 2009. I was thinking how much fun it would be to have everyone from CC on the maiden voyage! They are asking $2,000 per person deposit for the 14-day maiden voyage; anyone thinking of doing it?

Jane ;)

I'm sort of in agreement with Matt. Of course, the 14-day maiden voyage is really out of my realistic time frame, unfortunately(!).

I'm leaning toward one of the triplets in 2009, and wait and see what happens on the new build and its itineraries. However, I might put a deposit down on a week cruise that year as I'm holding an open booking that I need to turn in by April '08. (That still gives me plenty of time to squirm.....! LOL)

No doubt there will be a lot of our CCers on the Maiden Voyage!!! :eek: :D ...

Paul

...who just won't be one of them....:(

I am booked and looking forward to being one of the "Maiden's" on the voyage~~I decided it would be a "once in a lifetime" adventure.

I heard the new ship will come out from Genoa, in Sept. of 2009.

I will, however, keep sailing on our "Sister's".......

MB

I was thinking about what happened on the first cruise after the Legend (was it the Legend?) came out of dry dock last year (several mishaps), and wondered if it might also be a good idea to "wait" on the new ship to see what people thought. As usual, when I get a letter like that in the mail, I have stars in my eyes and want to sign up first thing! Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

Jane :rolleyes:

The benefits of the maiden voyage is the celebratory and once-in-a-lifetime nature of the affair. (And it being Seabourn I am sure it will be truly a well done and impressive event!)

However, the price will certainly be a premium, the probability of issues with hardware and service is high, and not knowing where it is going or exactly when is also an issue.

I am sure that the $2,000 per person ($4,000 per suite) deposit is a clear message that only those who are really interested should commit...and the others will just have to suffer (NOT) with the triplets. (Maybe, just maybe, an August cruise will still be available to book in February!)

I know for a fact that several people are on the "list" without having to put a cent down as a deposit.

So you can be the Maiden Voyage onboard reporter? :D

I agree with Iamboatman that the inagurals will be premium priced and strange things can happen. I experienced "sticker shock" over the cruise only inagural crossing tariff on the QM2. By waiting 2 years after the inagural crossing and for about 80% of the least expensive outside cabin inagural tariff, I was on a sailing to Hawaii RT from Los Angeles of the same number of days as the inagural crossing in a balcony cabin 11 stories above the water line. What a view!

I will continue to enjoy sailing on the triplets but will definitely sail on the Seabourn "Big Sisters" sometime in the future.

I know for a fact that several people are on the "list" without having to put a cent down as a deposit.

Host Dan

You are almost correct.

Here is the deal. Those who were able to be placed on the waitlist MUST deposit $2,000 per person for the inaugural or $1,000 per person for a maiden year voyage by January 29th. If they don't they loose their priority.

There then is a priority for those who have or will sail in 2007 or 2008 who must all pay by Jan. 29.

Then there will be a 2 week window for prior Seabourn guests...and then it is open to first time Seabourn guests.

Does that make sense??

You are almost correct.

Here is the deal. Those who were able to be placed on the waitlist MUST deposit $2,000 per person for the inaugural or $1,000 per person for a maiden year voyage by January 29th. If they don't they loose their priority.

There then is a priority for those who have or will sail in 2007 or 2008 who must all pay by Jan. 29.

Then there will be a 2 week window for prior Seabourn guests...and then it is open to first time Seabourn guests.

Does that make sense??

A $4000 deposit per suite? That's a rather sizable amount for an unknown cruise date, to an unknown location, for an unknown total price, on an unknown ship. I guess Seabourn wants us to finance the build. :eek:

I will continue to enjoy sailing on the triplets but will definitely sail on the Seabourn "Big Sisters" sometime in the future.

Unless I win the Lotto and do the World Cruise on the "Big Sister" ;) I do not see myself on them. I expect Seabourn to put them on the most popular itineraries and move the Little Sisters to hopefully new itineraries. It is the new itineraries I am interested in :)

As prior Seabourn guests we are very disappointed that we haven't received one word about the new ships or booking offers.

CC is our only source of information on this topic. The deadline will pass soon, I won't hold my breath. Perhaps they have so much interest they don't care. :confused:

I believe the philosophy is to weed out those "Sure. What the heck. Put me on the list." folks so it can focus on those that are truly committed to the maiden voyage. I don't know if even Seabourn has plans as of yet, but I am certain it will be something very special.

I am certain that Seabourn confident that the triplets will remain popular (it is part of its business model!) and the deposits now may be a bit of a signal that you shouldn't forget them if you are looking for strong cruising value in 2009.

Just wondering if everyone has received their letter from Seabourn regarding putting a deposit on the new ship for 2009. I was thinking how much fun it would be to have everyone from CC on the maiden voyage! They are asking $2,000 per person deposit for the 14-day maiden voyage; anyone thinking of doing it?

Jane ;)

This is a smart move from Seabourn,if 208 Pax pays 2000$ thats 416000$ and no one knows if this cruise get going in 2009 or Seabourne has been sold to another Cruise Line.

I`m not taking the bait.

Regards

F.Sander

Frede,

If you don't trust a cruise line you don't sail with them.

Seabourn is part of Carnival and that, combined with credit card and travel insurance options...coupled with Seabourn's rather liberal cancellation policy...really makes your "concern" unwarranted to all but the extremely suspicious (who, as I said, probably would never cruise anyway.)

My glass is never half empty...especiallly on Seabourn, where the next round is always on me!:D

A $4000 deposit per suite? That's a rather sizable amount for an unknown cruise date, to an unknown location, for an unknown total price, on an unknown ship. I guess Seabourn wants us to finance the build. :eek:

:D :D :D :D OK that's the Denyse we know!!

I am a little confused. Throughout this thread mention is made of making a deposit by January 29. In my letter, having had just reread it, it says; "These deposits will be accepted BEGINNING January 29, 2007" Do I have a different letter?

Regardless, we have two booked for 2007 and one for 2008 thus far. We love the size of the triplets and will probably do the "wait and see" reviews from all that go on the maiden voyage. But it is tempting to book for the Maiden Voyage Year at $1000 per person. Decisions, decision, decisions.

Actually, just put me on a Seabourn cruise right now!

Happy cruising everyone.

That's the way mine reads too, beginning January 29 for the deposits. I hadn't thought of the probability, as someone pointed out, that the inaugural voyage will be much more than Seabourn's "usual" 14 day sailing rates (and of course, those vary by itinerary as well). So I will also adopt a "wait and see" attitude!

Jane :rolleyes:

Archived