Smith Case dismissed AGAIN today...

1corona4u

This family has allowed their grief to overcome any kind of common sense on this issue. I can't imagine their pain but after following this case closely at the time, I don't recall one instance where they ever even admitted that George's own behavior could be responsible for what is most likely a tragic accident. The cruise line was not to blame for his death and did not maliciously try to cover it up. It has been exposed over and over again that this family has changed their story, made slanderous claims that were later disproved and have lied and twisted the truth. Many people sympathetic to their plight were turned off by their inability to handle the evidence that slowly emerged - from documented records and eyewitness accounts. Maybe this time they will go away and learn to process their grief instead of angrily trying to pinpoint "blame" on what sadly seems to be an alcohol induced (and a good amount of that alcohol was smuggled onboard by passengers) tragedy.

Wow! Corona haven't seen you around for such a long time!!! I really had enjoyed your posts a while back on the uh er infamous thread that shall not be named. I figured after *you know who* got really nasty with you, you would never be back. Glad you are though! You really had the scoop.

Now don't all flame me, but my take on the situation, was that the family was given 'the run-around' originally by Customer Service which made them very antagonistic and this set them off on their course of bad publicity for RCCL!! And it was!!

I personally experienced the 'Celebrity' treatment which I expect is much the same as the RCCL treatment!! Same offices etc!! Believe me, I became a guerilla.... fast!!! Big time!!

At present, RCCL are being OK when I talk to them ..... let's see what happens if I have a complaint!!

I don't think anyone honestly thought they were blaming the cruise line for his death - just the way it was handled really!!

told RCCL not to call or write to the family anymore, so they get shafted for no contact, which they did thru her.

I still think George is laughing at the swingers cruise he termed his honeymoon since we all know he wasn't sleeping with his wife. I still feel, as I stated a year ago on the 3000 post thread, that he is alive & enjoying life with his Swiss bank account in Italy.

Now don't all flame me, but my take on the situation, was that the family was given 'the run-around' originally by Customer Service which made them very antagonistic and this set them off on their course of bad publicity for RCCL!! And it was!!

I personally experienced the 'Celebrity' treatment which I expect is much the same as the RCCL treatment!! Same offices etc!! Believe me, I became a guerilla.... fast!!! Big time!!

At present, RCCL are being OK when I talk to them ..... let's see what happens if I have a complaint!!

I don't think anyone honestly thought they were blaming the cruise line for his death - just the way it was handled really!!

I'm confused. Your daughter was involved in ths case?

No, Andi, let me interpret MACOP-speak for you. :)

She says that the daughter is a wanna-be lawyer. (actually, of course, Bree IS an attorney). She says that Bree told RC not to write or call the family and then the family complained that RC never called or wrote.

She further believes that George staged the entire disappearance and simply dove off the balcony to a waiting small boat (!) and is living it up in some hidden location as we speak.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Technically and legally, the cruiseline was doing everything correctly. They kept Jennifer Smith, the wife, informed and settled her case which includes access to ALL of the investigation and information from RCCL and the FBI. However, she cannot share it with anyone other than her lawyers. The lawsuit that was dismissed was, in effect, an attempt by the family for the same access to information. Legally, once George Smith married, the family no longer has any rights to the information. (I'm not a lawyer -- just been reading about this for months.) The bottom line is that the family never had a case but continue to try to build one. This is the 2nd suit that has been dismissed. You can bet there'll be a third.

The family has nothing to worry about. They will get access to the documents. It will just take a few months. When the Florida legislature reconvienes (after this special session.) I am sure they will pass a law allowing the family to have access to the documents.

The family has nothing to worry about. They will get access to the documents. It will just take a few months. When the Florida legislature reconvienes (after this special session.) I am sure they will pass a law allowing the family to have access to the documents.

I thought that was already included with the settlement they made with Jennifer?

###

Phoenix, I dont know if it was. It was my attempt at a bit of humor. If you live in Florida you would know what I am refering to.
I live in Florida and I do know what you mean, it's just very difficult for anyone to understand the Florida legislature,LOL.

• 1 month later...

I was just reading Wikipedia's article on Brilliance and it says RCI paid $1 million to George's estate on January 4th 2007. They have a link to CNN but the page isn't there, does anybody know if this was an out-of-court settlement, or are legal proceedings still happening>

Given the run around by Customer Service. where did you get that . They where in contact with the ship and the corporate office. The Bree Smith said on the second day they did not want to talk to Royal Caribbean. What set them of was there own fault. Royal Caribbean did everything right. The Smith should just shut up and live with it.

I was just reading Wikipedia's article on Brilliance and it says RCI paid $1 million to George's estate on January 4th 2007. They have a link to CNN but the page isn't there, does anybody know if this was an out-of-court settlement, or are legal proceedings still happening>

It was out of court. Read HERE.

Archived