Single occupancy cabin #6224 on Conquest

katgilm

We are taking the 4/1 cruise on the Conquest. We are in balcony rooms (7360 and 7362). My sister, traveling solo, will be in cabin 6224, a single occupancy cabin. Does anyone know what that cabin looks like. I noticed on the deck plan that it is oriented differently than all the other cabins, i.e. the cabin runs parallel to the hallway rather than perpendicular if that makes sense. Has anyone stayed in that cabin? What about 7360 and 7362?

Thanks, Kathi

We are taking the 4/1 cruise on the Conquest. We are in balcony rooms (7360 and 7362). My sister, traveling solo, will be in cabin 6224, a single occupancy cabin. Does anyone know what that cabin looks like. I noticed on the deck plan that it is oriented differently than all the other cabins, i.e. the cabin runs parallel to the hallway rather than perpendicular if that makes sense. Has anyone stayed in that cabin? What about 7360 and 7362?

Thanks, Kathi

We have the very same room booked for Feb. We are travelling with a group of 6 and 2 are staying in that room. The difference is, the beds can not be pushed together, they both fold down from the wall...like bunk beds. This room is probably not good for a married couple, but for 2 friends it'll work just fine.

Nightingale03, Will you let me know about the cabin when you return? Thanks!

Kellywhitehills, I can't see the photos unless I join and pay. Is it worth the $12?

Yeah, I'll let you know. We leave in about 2 weeks and 3 days! In fact, I can post while on board. I hear they have wireless for those with laptops!

Thanks, Kathi

Kathi,

I just checked and 2462, a 1A category, is available for April 1 on Conquest. 2462 is a better cabin (Has two large windows) than 6224 and the single supplement price is $819.00 on Carnival's website. 2462 is also located nearly straight down (vertically) from your cabins instead of at opposite ends of the ship. If she'd like an ocean view (With a better ocean view than most) and still be paying for an inside price, then 2462 is the better option.

The 1A category still has a lot of rooms available, so if you check it, you have to enter the number to check availability.

CLICK HERE for Conquest deck 2 plans. 2462 is the L shaped cabin near the bottom left of the deck plan.

Thanks for the advice! I just left a message for my PVP to see if my sister can switch to cabin 2462. She paid $861 for 6224 so it looks like 2462 should be the same. Thanks!

Kathi

Kathi,

Make sure she gets the better rate or on board credit for the difference. $42 is $42 :)

• 11 years later...

I personally don't like the sideways cabins, seem too narrow for me. I also don't like the 1A portholes since they can be noisy when docking in early morning, as well as bouncy in bad weather.

My solo preference on the Conquest class ships was always the largest 1A's of all, cabins #6393, 7345 and 8357, on upper, empress and verandah levels. Only 3 on each ship, so I usually grabbed them early when booking.