Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

2:20 p.m. -- Update: A spokesman for Carnival Cruise Lines has announced that Tropical Storm Olga has prompted an itinerary change for Carnival Conquest. Conquest will forego its scheduled stop at Grand Cayman on Thursday, instead calling on Cozumel a day early. On Friday, when the ship was orginally slated to call on Cozumel, Conquest will visit Progreso. The ship's time in each port has also been revised and is as follows: Thursday in Cozumel (7 a.m.-5 p.m.), Friday in Progreso (9 a.m.-5 p.m.).

That is a bit of bad luck. I really feel bad for all the changes they have had to go through.

If I am reading the post with the iteniary for the current sailing - the Conquest will not return to Galveston until Monday the 17th? We are scheduled to leave on the 16th.

How do they recover this day and not bump several cruises in a row by a day? Guess I'll be calling Carnival tomorrow for an update. :rolleyes:

I would be depressed if this happend to me. I would rathe skip Cozumel and back track to Jamaica.....Hopefully the Spring weather will be much nicer.

I think you will find you would be one of the very few who would prefer that. Jamaica has it's wonderful qualities, but doesn't compare with Cozumel as cruise ship destination. Many don't even get off the ship anymore in Jamaica (maybe their loss) yet Cozumel is popular with almost every experienced cruise passenger.

I'd prefer the Conquest alternated Jamaica with another port such as Key West or anywhere else as the Rhapsody did every other week. Or they could have two itineraries as the Voyager will be doing next year. It would also lead to more b2b bookings.

Just got off the Conquest yesterday. It was a bit like Fantasy Island meets Chevy Chase's Vacation. We managed to have a great time because we were with our best friends, and did find an excellent duo who catered to our every dancing need. Once they learned that we enjoyed dancing, they seemed to enjoy having us there each evening. If you are going on the Conquest any time before February, be sure to look for them. They are called the Music Mates, and the singer's voice is amazing.

Alfred's Bar is still a cigar bar, and colder than all get-out. The jazz trio in there was not exactly to my liking, but it was nice and quiet and a perfect place to sit and have a drink each evening. All of the staff that we encountered was FANTASTIC! They definitely had to deal with a difficult situation. Not only did they have disgruntled passengers on their hands, many of them were missing their opportunity to get off of the ship for a few hours.

Our dinner assignment was incorrect when we got on board. Since we were traveling with our best friends we had been assured that we would be seated together. When we discovered that that was not the case, the maitre'd, Alejandro, and the hostess, Slavica, were quick to accommodate our request and even arranged a table for 4, rather than one of the giant tables that we had originally been assigned to. They treated us like royalty, and called us by name every time they saw us wherever we were on the ship.

I was disappointed in the port changes, but I couldn't believe how some people blamed it on Carnival. I can only imagine the comments if they had tried to go into Grand Cayman during a tropical storm. They reimbursed us $75 per guest for Jamaica. That didn't seem like much, but it was better than nothing, and I decided to be thankful for any compensation when it was not of their doing. However, the substitution of Progreso for Grand Cayman did not really seem a fair exchange. We had not scheduled a shore excursion in Grand Cayman because we wanted to just have a day relaxing and sight seeing. Sightseeing and wandering around Progreso was definitely NOT the same. On a positive note...We took the Mexican Cooking on the Beach excursion in Cozumel, and it was one of the highlights of the trip. Funny...great food...and time to relax on the beach and around the town. I recommend it to everyone!

Just got off the Conquest yesterday. It was a bit like Fantasy Island meets Chevy Chase's Vacation. We managed to have a great time because we were with our best friends, and did find an excellent duo who catered to our every dancing need. Once they learned that we enjoyed dancing, they seemed to enjoy having us there each evening. If you are going on the Conquest any time before February, be sure to look for them. They are called the Music Mates, and the singer's voice is amazing.

Alfred's Bar is still a cigar bar, and colder than all get-out. The jazz trio in there was not exactly to my liking, but it was nice and quiet and a perfect place to sit and have a drink each evening. All of the staff that we encountered was FANTASTIC! They definitely had to deal with a difficult situation. Not only did they have disgruntled passengers on their hands, many of them were missing their opportunity to get off of the ship for a few hours.

Our dinner assignment was incorrect when we got on board. Since we were traveling with our best friends we had been assured that we would be seated together. When we discovered that that was not the case, the maitre'd, Alejandro, and the hostess, Slavica, were quick to accommodate our request and even arranged a table for 4, rather than one of the giant tables that we had originally been assigned to. They treated us like royalty, and called us by name every time they saw us wherever we were on the ship.

I was disappointed in the port changes, but I couldn't believe how some people blamed it on Carnival. I can only imagine the comments if they had tried to go into Grand Cayman during a tropical storm. They reimbursed us $75 per guest for Jamaica. That didn't seem like much, but it was better than nothing, and I decided to be thankful for any compensation when it was not of their doing. However, the substitution of Progreso for Grand Cayman did not really seem a fair exchange. We had not scheduled a shore excursion in Grand Cayman because we wanted to just have a day relaxing and sight seeing. Sightseeing and wandering around Progreso was definitely NOT the same. On a positive note...We took the Mexican Cooking on the Beach excursion in Cozumel, and it was one of the highlights of the trip. Funny...great food...and time to relax on the beach and around the town. I recommend it to everyone!

He is a great maître d'. Sounds like you MADE it fun. Progreso is no GC, but it happened to me once as well. Sorry you missed the port. Jamaica, IMHO, no big loss.

I have a question--did they serve alcohol after midnight on Sunday when you were overnight in port? They was some speculation about that when we were all watching you on the web cam.

I know that some have discussed this in the past, but I am looking for some more information. We are leaving on the 6th. We are coming in a little bit early so we have a car from the airport, but what are some of the best ways to get back when we return on the 13th? Should we book through Carnival, or should we go with someone else? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Jamaica, IMHO, no big loss.

I was already feeling a bit ho-hum about Jamaica, so that wasn't terribly disappointing...but Grand Cayman? Now THAT cancellation put me in a funk for a bit, but sometimes you just have to "put on your big girl panties" and go with it! :p

Has anyone been on the ATV tour in Montego bay. We are a group of 11 people ages 27-32 and the girls are going to sunset beach and the guys are going on the ATV tour, they were wondering how wild and crazy they can get on the 4 wheelers??? Thanks...Sue

Great thread .. thanks everyone. My family is a RCCL family but have heard good things about Carnival and the Conquest. We are used to smaller ships, so I would like to know from you Conquest veterans if you ever really felt "crowded" while on board?

Also, we had a bad experience with Carnival a long time ago on a 3 night gig out of Miami. Rowdy passengers, bar fights, etc. Can we expect a lot better now especially on a 7 day trip?

Any info would be helpful. Thank you!

-Txbubba

Great thread .. thanks everyone. My family is a RCCL family but have heard good things about Carnival and the Conquest. We are used to smaller ships, so I would like to know from you Conquest veterans if you ever really felt "crowded" while on board?

Also, we had a bad experience with Carnival a long time ago on a 3 night gig out of Miami. Rowdy passengers, bar fights, etc. Can we expect a lot better now especially on a 7 day trip?

Any info would be helpful. Thank you!

-Txbubba

It won't feel any more crowded than the Rhapsody-IMHO. So enjoy, it's not rowdy. There are 5 Conquest reviews on my blog.

We are used to smaller ships, so I would like to know from you Conquest veterans if you ever really felt "crowded" while on board?

The only time I felt crowded was in the buffet line on the Lido deck. Other than that, no crowds.

Does that mean that it will be getting some updates and refurbishing? Are there any links to additional info? We're leaving on Jan 18, 2009. Thanks.

I did a quick search on google and found a limited schedule. I searched using carnival conquest drydock schedule.

Looking at one of the big online cruise sites, I found some to be accurate.

On the Carnival webpage it didn't show a change. Who knows when it will or if it will, but so far, maybe it looks like the last week of Aug 08. for Conquest.