Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We sailed on Conquest last year. first time. had a starboard balcony and missed most of the port views. I am booking a port side this time to take advantage of sitting on my balcony and looking at Coz. but any balcony is great.

Just got back from Conquest 4/6 and had starboard balcony. This time it was perfect! We were viewing the port from balcony in MoBay, I guess it works either way in GC since we tendered, but the views were spectaculor. In Coz we were pulled in right next to the Valor so I was happy to have a view that was NOT directly at another ship. Starboard worked just great for us.

Love love love the balcony. Now I'm spoiled & will feel like I've taken a step down to do without one.... HIGHLY recommended. it was ABSOLUTELY worth the extra $ for us. Especially since we have smokers... please, go out on the balcony!! :cool:

doe326 - this is our 5th cruise. We have been on Princess twice and Royal twice, but first time on Carnival Conquest. We love cruising. We live in San Antonio and will drive to Texas City on Saturday so we don't have to get up at 4 am and drive on Sunday morning. I probably won't sleep much Saturday night because of the excitement of another cruise. What deck at you guys on? We are on upper.

This is my 9th cruise. Most have been with Carnival. We are on the Empress deck.

doe326 - why don't you join our roll - look under Carnival Conquest roll calls. We have a group started and plan to meet once we board. Should be a lot of fun. Looking forward to meeting you.

Thanks will look into it and hope to meet you too.

Thank you tagging along! Now, I'm even more excited. I really can't wait. We did a balcony guarentee and we got assigned a starboard balcony towards the aft. It looks like a great location to me. (not directly above the disco)

My husband and I leave for our first cruise on May 4th.

I have been reading a lot about people bring alcohol and pop and water in their checked luggage as well as carrying on alcohol/wine in their carry on bags.

How hard is it to get away with? What is the worse thing that is going to happen? I want to take some to have in our room but also do not want to get kicked off the ship either. LOL

Also, what time do we need to get to the pier by? We are staying in Galveston on Saturday night as we live in Oklahoma so we are wondering what time we should head to the pier on Sunday morning to try to avoid the long lines.

I am thinking get to the pier around 10:30? We arrived at 1pm and they were sooo long.

A big tip: When you get off the ship and you see the HUGE line waiting to go through customs..DON'T stand in it. Get one of those porters with the carts to take your luggage and they will wisk you through their own customs line. Waaaaayyy quicker...

I feel certain Carnival will not deny you the opportunity to give them more money.

The OP was asking about whether they were any on-board opportunities. Sometimes they have special promotions for future cruises booked while on-board.

No opportunity to book as part of an on-board promotion was offered during our March 9, 2008 sailing. I really wish they had!

Going on July 20th. It will be my second out of Galveston and my GFs 1st. I went on the Celebration about 5 years ago.

I want to thank everyone for the great information provided in this. I am up to page 58 and am reading almost everything provided. It is incredible information. I wish we could get a Conquest FAQ from this.

We are sailing May 4 also. We will drive down from North Texas on Saturday. This is our 3 cruise with the Conquest. We try to get to the parking lot by 10:30 or so. as for taking stuff on board, we took botle water,ast year. No problems

Jabberman,

We're driving down from Frisco on Saturday also. Where are you staying? We're at Harbor House.

okiegal....We are also from Oklahoma and stayed in Galveston the night before. We stayed at the Hilton, they offer free parking and the process is SO easy. They take you right to the port on a shuttle and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. We had friends that were stuck walking from the parking lots with their bags and ended up on our ship 2 hrs after us! We got to the port at 11:30, and were ON the ship at 12:30. The whole process was painless.

Okiegal...Sorry I forgot the booze question! I had Vodka and Gin in the bottles they came in, packed in my checked bag. (which was locked) I had NO problems. And many people on the ship were going back to their rooms and mixing drinks so I am sure lots of people do this. Saved me a bunch of money and it was nice to mix my own drinks and carry them out of the room with me when going to run around!

okiegal....We are also from Oklahoma and stayed in Galveston the night before. We stayed at the Hilton, they offer free parking and the process is SO easy. They take you right to the port on a shuttle and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. We had friends that were stuck walking from the parking lots with their bags and ended up on our ship 2 hrs after us! We got to the port at 11:30, and were ON the ship at 12:30. The whole process was painless.

So hilton will keep your car there and drive you to the port? Which hilton is it? Thanks

there are quite a few hotels that let you park your car there if you stay the night and either don't charge you for the parking or a very small fee.

Laquinta is another one. Like $10. per room for a shuttle to get you to the pier, bt parking is free.

We like to book 1A rooms for us and our teenage kids, we love the cheap price and dont mind the size of the room or the bunks either.

I noticed there are two cabins 6224/6227 on the Upper Deck and wanted to know if ANYBODY knows what the empty space is around them?

We are about to book Spring Break 2009 and dont want to have some strange noises around us.:confused:

thanks for your help!

p.s we stay in 1207/1211 and it was very very loud with crashing waves, so we are hoping to stay on the higher floor this time.

Jabberman,

We're driving down from Frisco on Saturday also. Where are you staying? We're at Harbor House.

WE loved the Harbour House, we walked to the cruise terminal took all of 5 minutes. The rooms were big and we got a view of the cruise ships! If you get up early (6am) you can watch the ships come in. IT was awesome!

I'm looking for a VERY specific answer to cabins numbered 2462 and 2465. If you have stayed in these cabins ---

1) do they have twin beds that convert to a queen/king?

2) are they handicap cabins (no lip to the bathroom door, wider doorways, shower is bigger with no lip)?

3) do you have pics of these cabins made out to a queen/king bed?

Thank you for your responses!