Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Thanks for the advice. I took it!!! :D I didn't book the 8/31/08 or 08/24/08 which would have saved us 1,000.00 but i booked 08/17/08 and that saved us 600.00. I would have booked the later date but it didn't work well for the person keeping our kids for the week so i figured we still saved money. I am in the same room and everything.

Question? I purchased the cruise protection plan has anyone had to use this? Is it worth it or just a wast of money? I figure with having small children that i better not take a chance and just get it. Little kids seem like they are always getting sick and my kids exspecially since we've moved here to TX. Any thoughts on the protection plan?

Thanks Ang

I'm booked on the conquest for those same days. I did purchase insurance. My youngest has diabetes, so we never know what is going to happen. if you purchase most insurance within 2 weeks from your initial deposit, they waive the preextisting clause.

their will be 8 of us ranging in age from 4 to 73

I'm booked on the conquest for those same days. I did purchase insurance. My youngest has diabetes, so we never know what is going to happen. if you purchase most insurance within 2 weeks from your initial deposit, they waive the preextisting clause.

The cruise my DW and I were suppose to take this past Jan I purchased insurance and in Dec she had renal failure and passed away in Feb. It was the only time I have ever purchased travel insurance. The preexisting clause was waived which was a good thing because the renal failure was caused by her ovarian cancer. I have 2 cruises booked right now that was done just in the last couple of days and I am comtemplating purchasing insurance again since I am taking my 3yo DD.

We will be going on the Conquest June 22, 09. I know some of you live in the area, could you tell me how the weather is in June. Will be staying in Galventon for two days.

Hot and usually very humid -- like is for 6 months of the year. Coming from arid Las Vegas you will appreciate the natural moisturization! :D

Average high on June 22 is 87, average low is 79. Galveston is usually a little cooler than Houston (~ 5 degrees) due to the prevailing sea breeze.

Just a quick note...Just back from Conquest...Stayed in 1441 on Riviera deck...(In steerage) lol...We loved the room! You could hear the rumble of the engines a bit, but to us it was enjoyable white noise...much like sleeping with a fan. The view from our window was great. And on port days we weren't waiting on an elevator forever like those on the higher decks. I will request this room if available when booking Conquest in the future. We felt sorry for the people who were a couple floors above us and spent $150 or so more just to be up there when we were fantastic down below!

Is there any place on the ship where you can go for star gazing? :confused:

The places I've seen' date=' there's tons of lights, which limits any chance to see stars.

Any suggestions welcome!

I'm sailing next week! Woo Hoo!!! :D :D :D[/quote']

Have a great time on the cruise! Unfortunately, there's no good spot for stargazing onboard, at least none I found. The ship's lights just overwhelm the starlight.

Great DOE326 - we live in San Antonio so we don't have far to drive - about 4 hours. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on board.

We live outside Houston and have about 1 1/2 hour drive. Celebrated our 30th last year, celebrating 31 this year. Is this your first cruise?

I just booked on Conquest for the end of August, deck 6 balcony, 6222. Anyone had any experience being this far forward

On my two Conquest cruises, we were quite forward in the ship. Both times on the Panorama deck, in 1020 and 1040. I tend to get seasick, but have never had a problem with being that far forward in the ship. I noticed very little motion, even as high up as we were.

Barb,

I did buy the insurance. I figure better to be safe then sorry~

So you are booked on conquest on the 17th too? Eight of you guys huh? How much fun! It's just going to be me and the DH and this is our first cruise. Well he was in the Navy for 14 years so not really his first time on a big boat but first time on one to relax. lol Well I hope to see you on the boat. Did you book any shore exsursions yet? We've booked Captin Marvin in Caymen and Dune buggy in Coz. Thinking of doing Rose hall in MOJO.

Ang

From what I've read, the formal nights on the Conquest are Monday and Thursday (correct me if I'm wrong). What is the best night to reserve dinner at the Supper Club?

This is our first cruise but one of the ladies on here told me to book on the 2nd night out at sea so that is what i did. I hope it's not one of the formal nights. I would hate to miss it. Let me know what you find out~ thanks Ang

Just back and formal nights were Monday and Thursday....

There are not near as many people in the dining room on the 2nd formal night because it is a port day and everyone is worn out. Our server said it is always like that.

If you are booking the Point I would do it for a sea day....Tuesday would probably be good..

Enjoy your cruise..This ship is great. The service is awesome and I am soooo ready to go back!!!

We'll be sailing on the Conquest April 15 and are so very excited. Thank you for sharing your photos. (The only drawback about sailing on a Sunday - I'll miss the Nextel Cup Race - Go Dale, Jr!!!)

Looks as if u had all the fun. Hope that we have the same. Sailing on June 29th.

2xih06c30nv4kb8m.png

Our plane arrives Houston Hobby at 8:40 a.m. By the time we collect our luggage, wait for our shuttle, and arrive at Galveston it will probably be about 10:00-10:30. Is that too early? Should we kill some time at the airport first or should we go ahead and get to Galveston and get in line? What time do they usually start processing people?

doe326 - this is our 5th cruise. We have been on Princess twice and Royal twice, but first time on Carnival Conquest. We love cruising. We live in San Antonio and will drive to Texas City on Saturday so we don't have to get up at 4 am and drive on Sunday morning. I probably won't sleep much Saturday night because of the excitement of another cruise. What deck at you guys on? We are on upper.

Our plane arrives Houston Hobby at 8:40 a.m. By the time we collect our luggage, wait for our shuttle, and arrive at Galveston it will probably be about 10:00-10:30. Is that too early? Should we kill some time at the airport first or should we go ahead and get to Galveston and get in line? What time do they usually start processing people?

I wouldn't spend too much time at Hobby, it's pretty boring. Head on down and you won't be too early cuz the line will most probably be pretty long by the time you get there.

Just a quick note...Just back from Conquest...Stayed in 1441 on Riviera deck...(In steerage) lol...We loved the room! You could hear the rumble of the engines a bit, but to us it was enjoyable white noise...much like sleeping with a fan. The view from our window was great. And on port days we weren't waiting on an elevator forever like those on the higher decks. I will request this room if available when booking Conquest in the future. We felt sorry for the people who were a couple floors above us and spent $150 or so more just to be up there when we were fantastic down below!

We also just got back.... wasn't it an awesome trip???? We had an incredible time - can't think of one real complaint. We loved our rooms too... we were on the Main Deck (deck 2) 2340 and 2344 - perfect location for us. We were about halfway between the midship and aft elevators, but slightly closer to the aft. Really convenient to everything on the ship via either stairs or elevator!!! And so nice to look out and be so close to the water.

Galveston is a bit cooler than Houston but not that much. In the day time, I cannot express how HOT is really is especially deep in June:eek:

It's humid like crazy at night with a mini breeze. But in the daytime HOT. I always wished I could cool off in the water but I'd rather not dip a toe in that water.

Once you land head straight to the port. We drove from Houston about 9am, once we were crossing the bridge to Galveston, every car on the road with us was piled with luggage all going to the port:p

There will be plenty of kill time in the lines getting inside the port building, trust me