Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hi,

This is my first post although I have gotten tons of useful information from this site. We went on our first cruise July 2007 on Rhapsody (myself, hubby & 18 year old DD) we were instantly hooked! We are looking at 1/4/09 just wondering about temps that time of year. Are you able to enjoy sitting outside during the cruise? Is the water warm enough to swim in on our stops (MoBay, GC & Coz)? DD will still be on college break, will there be other kids her age - some posts mention older crowd but others mention all of the families from Mexico during January. We traveled with family last summer so she had companions. Thanks!:)

Guest carlogesualdo
Hi,

This is my first post although I have gotten tons of useful information from this site. We went on our first cruise July 2007 on Rhapsody (myself, hubby & 18 year old DD) we were instantly hooked! We are looking at 1/4/09 just wondering about temps that time of year. Are you able to enjoy sitting outside during the cruise? Is the water warm enough to swim in on our stops (MoBay, GC & Coz)? DD will still be on college break, will there be other kids her age - some posts mention older crowd but others mention all of the families from Mexico during January. We traveled with family last summer so she had companions. Thanks!:)

It's not particularly warm when you leave Texas that time of year (bring a sweater), but it will be when you wake up the next morning. The ports are so far south, water temps won't be a problem at all.

Where do we sign up for this roll call? Anyone from Texas going? :D

countdown.pl?name=D and D&date=1-11-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Annual Float and Bloat!&ship=Carnival Conquest

Carnival Conquest January 2009

Carnival Freedom May 2008

Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas May 2005

Carnival Elation January 2005

I need to come say hello in your roll-call. I'm sailing on 1/11/09 as well.:rolleyes:

Hi Snoozeman! I thought you were going on the Voyager of the Seas, not Carnival Conquest in January. Are you jumping ship?? :D Really enjoyed your blog, very thorough, informative and easy on the eyes. We're from Texas too. :)

countdown.pl?name=D and D&date=1-11-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Annual Float and Bloat!&ship=Carnival Conquest

We just returned from the Eastern Med. on the Freedom and were in the very back. It was VERY smooth and quiet.

Where do we sign up for this roll call? Anyone from Texas going? :D

My DW, DD and I will be on this cruise with you. You can find the roll call at this link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=691154

Drop a line. I am sure there are a lot of us cruising from Texas.

Guest carlogesualdo

I forgot to finish answering. Chances are good if she's still on break at that time and can cruise, others will be too. I know Texas universities are still on break that week, usually.

It's not particularly warm when you leave Texas that time of year (bring a sweater), but it will be when you wake up the next morning. The ports are so far south, water temps won't be a problem at all.

Believe it or not I have just read this entire thread in a little over a week, yes ALL 126 pages. I just want to thank everyone for there input.:) This is a great thread KCfan, thanks. Going 7/19/09 for family reunion (19 cabins) can't wait!!!

can anyone tell me anything about room 1274 whats across or near it.

is it an ok room. also when i look at oceanviews on higher decks all i can find is like 4 rooms on each level and the rooms are all the way up front

am i missing them.

can anyone tell me anything about room 1274 whats across or near it.

is it an ok room. also when i look at oceanviews on higher decks all i can find is like 4 rooms on each level and the rooms are all the way up front

am i missing them.

The majority of the outside cabins on the upper decks are baclony cabins that is why you don't see oceanviews except in the front.

That's correct, July 6 was the last customs check. However, I wouldn't fret too much about the next one. July 6, even after the customs check, people were off the ship faster than we were on July 13. The only difference was we weren't allowed into our cabins until 2 p.m. since the cabin stewards were off the ship and couldn't clean the staterooms.

We were caught up in the July 13th customs check. It was a pain to be sure, but all in all it didn't detract from our overall experience. We were already in the terminal, having gotten there early, so we just had to wait in the pre-boarding area after completing check-in. But a lot of people, including my MIL and FIL had to wait outside until boarding began.

I honestly found embarkation, even with the delay, less painful than debarkation. A note to the Galveston cruise terminal folks.....PLEASE, PLEASE, put some more bathrooms in the debarkation area!!!! :o

Can any recent CC passengers tell me if we still have a Conquest Pub Crawl? I was a passenger a few years back & the pub crawl - Mardi Graw party was a big hit.

Also - do we have a cowboy band of anysort?

2 weeks to go & counting!

Can someone please tell me whats more comfortable

a single sofa bed or the upper bunk. i dont want a sofa bed if its

hard and lumpy like hotels have.

I would agree that the bunk is probably more comfortable. We had the sofa and what I remember is that it's not a regular hide-a-bed type thing. It's more of a jack-knife flip-out bed (like in some RVs), so the linens are just put on the sofa cushions...no mattress. Now, that said, my 19yr old slept on it fine for a week...but he could probably sleep on rocks. lol

Hi all,

We just returned from the Conquest, and I have uploaded all the capers at http://capers.stateroom.info.

It was a great trip!!!

:D

Thanks a bunch! That helped me get a better idea of what's available daily & how things are more organized. I'm getting more jazzed up now, less than 2 months left!:D