Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I understand, that is why I booked in Webster, which is located about 30 miles North of Galveston. There are several towns between Houston and Galveston and you could also try some of the hotels around the NASA area.

We will fly in to Houston so we will have to stay somewhere that we can pick up transportation to Galveston?

We are booked for Nov 1, 2009. We would fly in to Houston the day before the cruise. I'd have to book 3 rooms as we are bringing our kids and their spouses. I should have googled the date before I booked. With the changes in pricing for midship rooms I figure I'd better change today if I'm going to do it.:(

There are lots of much cheaper rooms in the south part of Houston you can book. I wouldnt change cruises just because you cant stay in Galveston.

Im already thinking that 9/20/09 date when the Crazies descend on Galveston, is going to be pretty heavily booked. Im betting a lot come in early to eat dinner at Hooters with the rest of the gang. I wouldnt change dates over that, even though Im not booked with the CC group. I think they already have about 10% of the ship booked a year out.

You didn't say what ship you are sailing on. I know you will have a blast whichever one it is.

Cathy

Yep, Snoozeman was right, I may be a newbie but i figured that much out.

Lets start with parking. With just the two of us going I take it one should be dropped at the ship with luggage, then the other park the car while one waits?

I think I gather there will be less hassle if we use the porters?

Rockportgirl,

Looking forward to it, I'll be the old fat geezer, getting beatup by a granny for watching you girls

I have spent the last 24 hrs reading (reading, not retaining) this entire thread, as well as at least one other thread and many links, and some post from other threads.

Did not mean to kill a thread;) . Folks quit posting after I forgot my deodorant? :eek:

I will have questions in the am, while you all watch MY :D SHIP on the cam in the morning.

Snoozman, your blog, reviews are next.

Goodnight all

dww

I have spent the last 24 hrs reading (reading, not retaining) this entire thread, as well as at least one other thread and many links, and some post from other threads.

Did not mean to kill a thread;) . Folks quit posting after I forgot my deodorant? :eek:

I will have questions in the am, while you all watch MY :D SHIP on the cam in the morning.

Snoozeman, your blog, reviews are next.

Goodnight all

dww

There are several Conquest ones in there.

First a sincere thanks to the many people who post here answering questions. You have provided a wealth of information. You have saved me money, time, and aggravation.

All of our excursions were all booked with Carnival. That has changed.

Even dropped Dunn Falls for Sunset beach. Wife wants to do a raft, but I'm thinking no.

I would really like to see the Mayan Ruins of Tulum, but after reading here and looking at the maps, THIS MAY NOT BE THE TIME FOR IT?

I really would like opinions on that!

One more silly question, is the Conquest "Pepsi Free"? If so I will have to take some on board, wife is a Pepsiholic.

Again, a tip of the hat to you kind folks!

dww

First a sincere thanks to the many people who post here answering questions. You have provided a wealth of information. You have saved me money, time, and aggravation.

Even dropped Dunn Falls for Sunset beach. Wife wants to do a raft, but I'm thinking no.

I would really like to see the Mayan Ruins of Tulum, but after reading here and looking at the maps, THIS MAY NOT BE THE TIME FOR IT?

One more silly question, is the Conquest "Pepsi Free"? If so I will have to take some on board, wife is a Pepsiholic.

dww

Pepsi free

I would save Tulum fo another cruise. Playa del Carmen would be perfect for that visit.

Go Sooners

dww

Pepsi free

I would save Tulum fo another cruise. Playa del Carmen would be perfect for that visit.

Go Sooners

dww

Pepsi free

Go Sooners

It is very nice, but you waste too much valuable shore time just getting to Tulum. Use that time on Cozumel.

That is what I was affraid of. Lots to do on Cozumel anyway.

Yes there are a few of us down here.

Yep, Including a person who claims to be my sister but is a longhorn fan. BTW- she can't live more than 60 miles from you.

Again,

Thanks for the help, I'm sure I will have more questions before we leave, but for tonite, I must crash. 5:30 comes awful early these days!

dww

Which AFT Balcony rooms on the Empress deck are preferred? I thought I saw it posted in this thread, but I can't find it for the life of me. I believe that I read that some of the rooms are more narrow and/or only have a small table and chair as opposed to a couch. Thanks!

Which AFT Balcony rooms on the Empress deck are preferred? I thought I saw it posted in this thread, but I can't find it for the life of me. I believe that I read that some of the rooms are more narrow and/or only have a small table and chair as opposed to a couch. Thanks!

We loved our aft cabin (7444) on the Empress deck; and it had a couch.

Love this thread. I cruise out on the Conquest September 21. I read somewhere on a thread that there is a pharmacy in Cozumel that you can go to stock up on antibiotics you can only get with a prescription here in the states. Does anyone know where it is exactly? Grandmas meds are gettin kinda high.

Love this thread. I cruise out on the Conquest September 21. I read somewhere on a thread that there is a pharmacy in Cozumel that you can go to stock up on antibiotics you can only get with a prescription here in the states. Does anyone know where it is exactly? Grandmas meds are gettin kinda high.

Any of them. I used to get some every trip. You think your getting a great deal, but check dosage. Much lower strength generally.