Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

[quote name='Snoozeman']That doesn't sound good, I don't want news on my cruise!:rolleyes:[/quote]
We were on the first cruise after the dry dock and on that cruise they did have some live Carribean style music some of the time. Only two guys mind you, not a full steel band or anything. When they were playing they often seemed to be running CNN in the background, on the screen, but with the sound down, which I found annoying for another reason since you could see reporters talking but not hear what was being said.

When the live music was not there they were playing music videos, Saw the same videos repeated many times over the course of the cruise.

I think Carnival needs to do some fine tuning of the whole mega screen thing. I was on a Princess ship a couple of years ago and quite enjoyed the Movies under the Stars but I don't recall seeing any recent movies on the new Carnival big screen. Edited by sunshine 229

[quote name='Kaki']I accepted an upsell offer from Carnival today, upgraded to a balcony cabin on the Spa deck. I could not find information about what the cabins look like after drydock. Has there been anything posted about the Spa deck?[/quote]
We were on the first inaugural cruise to the Bahamas Feb. 15-22 and one of our roll call members had one of these cabins on the spa deck. You might run over to our roll call and ask her - she is centexgal. She loved it.

Just off the Conquest and stayed in room 1105 - Spa Deck. We really enjoyed our stay in this cabin, the larger room and balcony. The room was newly carpeted and had a standard CRT TV.

On the negative side. Music from the entertainment deck could be heard 24/7 on the balcony, making it difficult to enjoy the sounds of the sea. Partial cover over balcony does let a lot of water (ship spray and deck cleaning from deck above) onto the balcony and could definetely be a problem if it rains. It was also very, very windy on our balcony... not having had a balcony room in the past we're not sure how much worse it is than other balconies. It was our opinion that ship movement was more noticable, but that only makes sense, since you're well above the water line.

Overall we definetly enjoyed our stay, especially since we paid for a 6E Category and received the balcony room as a free upgrade due to dry dock changes.

In the future, we'll probably book a balcony room, but at a lower level in the ship.

[quote name='sarapdot']Can we get extra hangers brought to our room or should we bring some from home?? I'll be in a room with 3 girls and figure we will need more hangers for our dresses and dinner clothes.[/quote]

Your cabin steward will bring you extras if needed.

[quote name='travel girl23']We were on the first inaugural cruise to the Bahamas Feb. 15-22 and one of our roll call members had one of these cabins on the spa deck. You might run over to our roll call and ask her - she is centexgal. She loved it.[/quote]

Thank you! I will do that.:D

[quote name='CenTexGal']We have a spa deck cabin, starting Sunday. We will definitely come back and report...about EVERYTHING!!!:D

Hi Joan...see you Sunday!!!!![/quote]

We will be in cabin 1104 on the Conquest March 22 cruise. Please...tell me about it:D Do you have pictures?

I have a conquest question. This may have been answered and if so please forgive me, 158 pages is a lot of reading. Why are Texans only allowed to bring one bottle of alcohol back to shore (2 I think if one is purchased and made in Jamaica) and also what is the general consensus on best time to board and not wait long in line. Can anybody provide a link on the official rule about bringing back alcohol as it pertains to residents of Texas.

[quote name='dudaze11']I have a conquest question. This may have been answered and if so please forgive me, 158 pages is a lot of reading. Why are Texans only allowed to bring one bottle of alcohol back to shore (2 I think if one is purchased and made in Jamaica) and also what is the general consensus on best time to board and not wait long in line. Can anybody provide a link on the official rule about bringing back alcohol as it pertains to residents of Texas.[/quote]

[url]http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/[/url]

Click on [I]Ports of Entry[/I].

noon

I have a conquest question...... and also what is the general consensus on best time to board and not wait long in line. .

Best time to arrive at the terminal and avoid the crowds is about 11:15

You still won't board til at least noon.....

Best time to arrive at the terminal and avoid the crowds is about 11:15

You still won't board til at least noon.....

Cool, I was thinking of arriving at 11:30. This brings me to another question. I am staying with a friend in Houston. What is the best route as it appears the main route to Galveston is undergoing extensive construction.

I think you're right. I just wasn't paying close attention. First time on the Conquest and assumed asian=Mongolian.......all food was pre-made and served on request.

Definitely sounds like all of the anticipated upgrades didn't materialize....at least not yet.

Either way our family had a terrific first cruise together. The only concern my 12 and 10 year olds had was that the ice cream machine was in good working order and the pizza ovens kept cranking out the pies!:D

I have a 15 and 21 yr old who have the same concern. They work and the trip is a success!

Upon entering the Lido area for breakfast I was greeted (on the big screen) by a 20 foot Hilary Clinton on CNN. Kindof scared me.

For one week I don't want ANY news. If the world falls apart without my constant attention- so be it. I want out of the world- I do not want to bring it with me! A pox on CNN and on Carnival for subjecting me to news! Put it in some bar in some easily ignore corner. I want Paradise on the screen- and travelogs of where we are going would be a not terrible Plan B.

Does anyone know if the Conquest stays on Galveston time on the new Eastern route? I know we did on the Western, but I was just wondering about the Eastern. We will be on her in a couple of weeks.

Good question. Don't know.

Hi there Conquest Experts! We're thinking about trying the Conquest next year at Spring Break. We've cruised out of Galveston at Spring Break on both the Grand Princess and the Voyager, and we liked both ships. Have any of you been on the Conquest and also one or both of those other ships? If so, could you compare them for me?

Thanks for your help!

Hi there Conquest Experts! We're thinking about trying the Conquest next year at Spring Break. We've cruised out of Galveston at Spring Break on both the Grand Princess and the Voyager, and we liked both ships. Have any of you been on the Conquest and also one or both of those other ships? If so, could you compare them for me?

Thanks for your help!

hey Cindy

Yes I've been on all three during spring break. Seven times overall on the Conquest. I have several reviews on my blog.