Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I'm sure this questin has been asked on this thread but with over three thousand post I think it would just be easier to ask instead of going and looking for the answer. Who is the current CD on the Conquest and what are some of your opinions of him or her.

Chris Jefferson is the Conquest CD. He should be there until Sept. That is when his schedule vacation kicks in. His wife is one of the dancers. I met him several weeks ago during a CC meeting in the Vincent room. You will recognized him or his British accent. Good guy

[quote name='lookslikdi']Chris Jefferson is the Conquest CD. He should be there until Sept. That is when his schedule vacation kicks in. His wife is one of the dancers. I met him several weeks ago during a CC meeting in the Vincent room. You will recognized him or his British accent. Good guy[/quote]

We just got off the Conquest yesterday, and he was pretty good. He came to our CC meet/mingle, as well, and was very personable and nice.

[quote name='txcruzr']We just got off the Conquest yesterday, and he was pretty good. He came to our CC meet/mingle, as well, and was very personable and nice.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that there were meet/mingles on Carnival. How do you find one?

[quote name='gwinel']I didn't know that there were meet/mingles on Carnival. How do you find one?[/quote]

The M&M's are usually a group of other cruise critic folk who talk on here and then meet up on the ship. Go to the Roll Call threads, find your sailing date and there you go...

[quote name='purplefrogs']The M&M's are usually a group of other cruise critic folk who talk on here and then meet up on the ship. Go to the Roll Call threads, find your sailing date and there you go...[/quote]

You're right - it was CruiseCritic folks. Host Mach was great and worked with Chris (CD) to arrange it.

What do you all think about desk 8 forward on the Conquest? We booked 8289 Balcony. Any suggestions to make our cruise more enjoyable?

We booked our excursions yesterday. We are doing the Sandals excursion in Jamaica and the Ship Wreck Snorkel in Grand Caymen. We can't wait for our cruise!

This is my first time booking a balcony and I wanted to know if anyone has stayed in cabin 7355 or 7359 or somewhere near those cabins. (we have always booked IS cabin) I'm concerned that I will hear people getting off and on the elevators/stairs throughout the day. By looking at the layout of the ship it my cabins look kinda close to those areas.

I may be wrong but thought that I would ask.

Also, are the IS cabins the same size as the balcony rooms??

TIA,

Laura

So my fiance and I decided to upgrade from an inside cabin to an ocean view. Does anyone have pictures to show the different rooms? I know there are pics on carnival's website but I wanted to see the difference. I have only cruised once on Princess and had inside cabin so its hard for me to decide.

Also, we are considering a balcony, but that nearly doubles the cruise price.. debating whether its worth it or not.

Some where I saw pics of food I think was on the Conquest...There were about 20???pics. But, I can not find it again. Can someone direct me the right way.... These pics also had the name of each dish.. The food looked so good. It was not on the photo section.....thanks for any help...... :confused:

[quote name='lady in tx']This is my first time booking a balcony and I wanted to know if anyone has stayed in cabin 7355 or 7359 or somewhere near those cabins. (we have always booked IS cabin) I'm concerned that I will hear people getting off and on the elevators/stairs throughout the day. By looking at the layout of the ship it my cabins look kinda close to those areas.

I may be wrong but thought that I would ask.

Also, are the IS cabins the same size as the balcony rooms??

TIA,

Laura[/quote]

Laura,

I was in cabin 7343 in Oct 06 and I really enjoyed that cabin: very convenient to the stairs, elevator, and laundry, but no significant noise. I can't speak to the size of IS cabins.

[quote=KCCruisin';19408356]The Mongolian Grill is up! [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=980822[/URL][/quote]

Guess I'm just gonna have to book another trip on the Conquest then. We just sailed April 12-19 and the Mongolian Grill was not open yet. This is as good an excuse as any to rebook!!! :p

Also, I saved and scanned all of my Capers from our cruise. Would anyone have an idea of a site where I can post these for others to see as needed??

Guess I'm just gonna have to book another trip on the Conquest then. We just sailed April 12-19 and the Mongolian Grill was not open yet. This is as good an excuse as any to rebook!!! :p

Also, I saved and scanned all of my Capers from our cruise. Would anyone have an idea of a site where I can post these for others to see as needed??

Here's one I use and like http://www.webshots.com/ I can't wait to check out the Mongolian Grill...yummy.

• 2 weeks later...
Laura,

I was in cabin 7343 in Oct 06 and I really enjoyed that cabin: very convenient to the stairs, elevator, and laundry, but no significant noise. I can't speak to the size of IS cabins.

TexBear-

Thank you so much for that information. Such a relief to know that there will not be much room due to the elevator, stairs, etc!!

Thanks!!

What do you all think about desk 8 forward on the Conquest? We booked 8289 Balcony. Any suggestions to make our cruise more enjoyable?

We booked our excursions yesterday. We are doing the Sandals excursion in Jamaica and the Ship Wreck Snorkel in Grand Caymen. We can't wait for our cruise!

We had cabin 8284 just on the other side of the ship our last time on the Conquest. Loved it. Very convenient to the central elevators. Extremely quiet. We've got 8389 and 8387 booked for our next Conquest adventures the end of June. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that our cruise is just a few weeks away, maybe more people will begin to visit here and post. I haven't been on lately because we just bought another house and we are in the process of remodeling before we move in, so that's been keeping us very busy! So excited, though, about this upcoming cruise and WE all will be the 1st Conquest ship to return to Cozumel!! Maybe we will get a special greeting when we get there! :D

Now that our cruise is just a few weeks away, maybe more people will begin to visit here and post. I haven't been on lately because we just bought another house and we are in the process of remodeling before we move in, so that's been keeping us very busy! So excited, though, about this upcoming cruise and WE all will be the 1st Conquest ship to return to Cozumel!! Maybe we will get a special greeting when we get there! :D

We will be on the last cruise NOT to get to go to Cozumel !! May 31st cruise !!!! Can't wait !!!!!!:) Then I will be on it again June 14th cruise to key west and the bahamas !! Yea !!!!!!:)

We will be on the last cruise NOT to get to go to Cozumel !! May 31st cruise !!!! Can't wait !!!!!!:) Then I will be on it again June 14th cruise to key west and the bahamas !! Yea !!!!!!:)

Enjoy your cruises!:)

This question has probably been ask before, but I am going to ask anyway. Does anyone how many people is the maximum at a table in the dining room? Is 10 the largest? I know that we were at a table for 10, but I am not sure if they have larger one or not.