Suite NOT listed on JS Luggage Tags!

ckrobyn

I do think that RCI needs to make up their mind once and for all on the JS category cabins. Either they are a true suite and get the same benefits as the GS and higher or change the name back to a regular cabin and do away with the word "suite" in the description.

I AGREE 100%............they are or they aren't............and RC needs to quit side stepping the issue and decide once and for all..............!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way was on the same cruise on the Radiance with Patti in october on the Radiance..............I can't remember for the life of me, but I think our luggage tags said JS on them...........I really do but not sure........

We did not have any amenities in our cabin upon check in........but asked our cabin steward for some and she brought them back within 60 seconds...........

ASK............you may get them..........:)

By the way was on the same cruise on the Radiance with Patti in october on the Radiance..............I can't remember for the life of me, but I think our luggage tags said JS on them...........I really do but not sure........

We did not have any amenities in our cabin upon check in........but asked our cabin steward for some and she brought them back within 60 seconds...........

ASK............you may get them..........:)

Our luggage tags did say suite when we sailed the Radiance in November - but there were no upgraded amenities in the cabin. Our cabin attendant looked REALLY worried when we asked about those larger bottles of lotions and stuff as well as the robe......she clearly stated that Junior Suites were not entitled to those things anymore, but she would try and see what she could do. We did get the robes, and she did bring some lotions etc - but they were small travel sizes, not the full size one's we are used to.

Times are a changin' at RCI :rolleyes:

Certainly agree with Times a Changin...................:D I don't remember the size of the bottles our steward brought..........but we did have to "replenish" them on the 15 day cruise..........

On NCL - we booked a mini suite and not only got priority boarding...a rep carried our carry ons for us and walked us to our cabin.

On princess we got priority boarding but the "real" suites got free laundry service and free unlimited internet access.

So all of the lines have this grey line between mini or jr suites and actual suite level cabins.

But of course! I need my royal court, after all!

During December we had 2 blizzards in Colorado. I broke my ankle on December 27 when I fell on Ice. I was looking forward to my cruise and the warm Caribbean so I decided to go. I emailed special needs on January 1 to request a wheelchair and have still not received a reply to the email. I asked my TA to request one and she told me they only provide one for getting on and off the ship so I used crutches and a walker. My first problem was the security at Galveston that required me to walk though without any assistance of any kind. My second problem was there was no priority check in. I stood in line with everyone else. When I reached RS 8500 There was a letter that stated an appointment had been made for my hair to be done and to confirm the appointment. I asked my niece (her first cruise) to call and do this for me. The phones were just like we have at home so she dialed 0 and asked to confirm the hair appointment. Whomever she talked to, we later guessed it was the pursers desk, led her to believe she had confirmed my appointment. Alas it was not to be and I was also told I would be charged for not properly canceling. I was given a later appointment but with long hair, not fit for your Royal Court that Formal night. There was a stack of requests for wheelchairs and when I received a call from Adrian Fernandez, Guest Manager for Rhaspody of the seas, asking if there was anything he could do for me...my request for the wheelchair was granted. I did not receive as much as I have in past cruises and there was not the usual basket of shampoo,ect. This was my first official cruise as a Diamond member. I was grateful for a shampoo, great food served by the best three waiters in the dining room. They were a wonderful caring crew. I got to party in the Schooner lounge with Derek Lewis and Matthew and Gunnar Nelson. I think I laughted my cares away. In the end I felt so very Blessed.

I understand wanting priority boarding and the use of bathrobes, but does everyone really use the onboard shampoo and other stuff? Some people seem really upset that they didn't receive any (or little bottles) in their cabins. Personally I like to use my own brand of stuff, so I guess I don't understand what the fuss is about. Am I missing something or do they give out something special?

I understand wanting priority boarding and the use of bathrobes, but does everyone really use the onboard shampoo and other stuff? Some people seem really upset that they didn't receive any (or little bottles) in their cabins. Personally I like to use my own brand of stuff, so I guess I don't understand what the fuss is about. Am I missing something or do they give out something special?

You just pointed out all the perks of being bald. Thanks LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Im not trying to open a can of worms, and before people attack me, I am not one of those people that do not tip. We tend to tip more than the suggested amount. When we booked our cruise months ago, we booked a JS thinking we would have the same rights as other suites. As I am seein here, JS does not. So, are we suppose to tip the suite tips? I understand they suggest suites tip more, which I dont have a problem with, but we are either a suite in all aspects of the cruise, or non. If the answer in non, the names of the JS needs to be changed. What do u all think?

Cathy

I agree with the other posters who are suggesting that RCI re-name the JS to something that more accurately describes it. I know that JS's are no longer receiving the same in cabin amenities that they once were - we had no amenities in the bathroom of 1100 on Radiance in November. I guess it puzzles me as to why they can charge several hundred dollars more for the JS when there are no real perks anymore. I suppose they can justify it by saying the JS is larger than a D1 - and it is - and I enjoy the additional space :)

On the Explorer JS's our bathroom is fully stocked with shampoo, lotions, cotton balls and all the stuff I've read that is missing on other ships. But even if it wasn't, we also enjoy all the extra space, walk in closet and the living room area and larger balcony. 100 sq ft more room than a D1 makes a huge difference to us and we enjoy it and priority boarding is nice also!:)

Im not trying to open a can of worms, and before people attack me, I am not one of those people that do not tip. We tend to tip more than the suggested amount. When we booked our cruise months ago, we booked a JS thinking we would have the same rights as other suites. As I am seein here, JS does not. So, are we suppose to tip the suite tips? I understand they suggest suites tip more, which I dont have a problem with, but we are either a suite in all aspects of the cruise, or non. If the answer in non, the names of the JS needs to be changed. What do u all think?

Cathy

Cathy, if you booked your cruise from the 2007-2008 brochure that stated you did receive all the perks the other suites receive, just take the brochure to Guest relations, explain you booked your cruised based on what the brochure described the perks of a JS are and they should honor it. They honor it for me and also for others. I do not care what anyone else thinks about it as I've been thru all that and I booked my cruises based on what the brochure said I would get in a JS, the LA onboard confirmed that's what the brochure stated so that's what I would get, so they will honor it for me. Some people think the brochure was a missprint, others don't care and RCCL is not saying a word but they are honoring it and that's all that matters. RCCL calls it a junior suite so that's what it is. Maybe when the new brochures come out they'll call it the "100 sq ft bigger DI with a living room, a bigger bathroom with tub, a walk in closet, a wall of glass, a full wall of vanity, desk and cabinets and a bigger balcony" CABIN! BUT until then it's a suite! AND it's been a SUITE for several years so I'll assume people are not saying that's a missprint too. So until RCCL wants to print the new brochures and correct the MISSPRINT or notify every TA of thier error, they are honoring what they are advertising and that is what is important. If it is a missprint, I guarantee you they WILL correct it in the next brochures as believe me, they are well aware of this issue! I booked all my cruises directly with RCCL after receiving their brochure they sent me last summer and as a matter of fact when I transferred my June booking to a TA a couple weeks ago to get an extra perk the TA offered me, I asked the RCCL rep on the phone right in front of the TA as I had to give permission to tranfer the booking if the JS included the CL. ABSOLUTELY I was told, All suites receive the CL. That's from an RCCL rep in front of a TA! I posted this on the other JS thread when it happened. I said this months ago and it's true, the JS saga will continue until RCCL does something about it and they do not seem to be in any hurry to change anything. If it's changed in the new brochures it will finally be over with and if it's not it will continue. Let's all hope RCCL figures it out once and for all. Yes Cathy, according to RCCL that owns the cruiseline and names the cabins, you are in a suite and yes, according to the 2007-2008 RCCL brochures, you are entitled to the same perks as the other suites. ;) And if people want to attack someone over this subject, let them turn thier negative comments toward RCCL and not the passengers that booked the JS based on what RCCL advertised.

Cathy, if you booked your cruise from the 2007-2008 brochure that stated you did receive all the perks the other suites receive, just take the brochure to Guest relations, explain you booked your cruised based on what the brochure described the perks of a JS are and they should honor it. They honor it for me and also for others. I do not care what anyone else thinks about it as I've been thru all that and I booked my cruises based on what the brochure said I would get in a JS, the LA onboard confirmed that's what the brochure stated so that's what I would get, so they will honor it for me. Some people think the brochure was a missprint, others don't care and RCCL is not saying a word but they are honoring it and that's all that matters. RCCL calls it a junior suite so that's what it is. Maybe when the new brochures come out they'll call it the "100 sq ft bigger DI with a living room, a bigger bathroom with tub, a walk in closet, a wall of glass, a full wall of vanity, desk and cabinets and a bigger balcony" CABIN! BUT until then it's a suite! AND it's been a SUITE for several years so I'll assume people are not saying that's a missprint too. So until RCCL wants to print the new brochures and correct the MISSPRINT or notify every TA of thier error, they are honoring what they are advertising and that is what is important. If it is a missprint, I guarantee you they WILL correct it in the next brochures as believe me, they are well aware of this issue! I booked all my cruises directly with RCCL after receiving their brochure they sent me last summer and as a matter of fact when I transferred my June booking to a TA a couple weeks ago to get an extra perk the TA offered me, I asked the RCCL rep on the phone right in front of the TA as I had to give permission to tranfer the booking if the JS included the CL. ABSOLUTELY I was told, All suites receive the CL. That's from an RCCL rep in front of a TA! I posted this on the other JS thread when it happened. I said this months ago and it's true, the JS saga will continue until RCCL does something about it and they do not seem to be in any hurry to change anything. If it's changed in the new brochures it will finally be over with and if it's not it will continue. Let's all hope RCCL figures it out once and for all. Yes Cathy, according to RCCL that owns the cruiseline and names the cabins, you are in a suite and yes, according to the 2007-2008 RCCL brochures, you are entitled to the same perks as the other suites. ;) And if people want to attack someone over this subject, let them turn thier negative comments toward RCCL and not the passengers that booked the JS based on what RCCL advertised.

I got an email from C&A saying they had alread corrected it for the next brochure.

I remember from my last few cruises that an RCI port person would be yelling out for any Platinum/Diamond Members as well as those sailing in a suite - to come forward for priority boarding. How do they know who is what??? I suppose anyone could theoretically get in that line and no-one would be the wiser??

:rolleyes:

Recently, we've had to give our names and were checked off of a list before being allowed to priority board.

It's the same way in Bayonne, your name must be on the list before they let you thru the doorway for priority boarding. :)

Thanks aqhacruiser, this morning when I posted, I couldn't remember at which port this happened. (coffee hadn't kicked in yet) It was from Bayonne and we also were on the Explorer in October. We were on 10/6 and can't wait until May for our next time on her.

I see you are a bit of an Explorer fan yourself. :cool:

Thanks for the great post aqha...don't you want to join us the 25th??? We just love the explorer too.

I would LOVE to join you on the 25th!:) But I have to wait till the Explorer returns to Bayonne my home port! When she comes back this year she stays, so I may have to jump on her sometime in the winter 2008! :) I would wish you a wonderful cruise but I already know you'll have one on the Explorer! :D Have a great time and think of us here stuck in the cold and snow and enjoy the warm sunshine!

L&JCruiseAway, Yes, I am a big fan of the Explorer! We were on the 10/29/06 for Bermuda. Loved every minute of it even though we went out in a coastal storm, I was never concerned on that great big ship! ;) Next time out is in early June to Caribbean! Can't wait!

I appreciate the kind replies! :p Thank you!

Just an FYI, I just got off the Monarch on Monday. We were in a Jr. Suite. When we checked in, we were given red tags that said priority that was to be used for the waiting lounge until they started boarding and was used for priority boarding.

Archived