Suite NOT listed on JS Luggage Tags!

ckrobyn

I agree with the other posters who are suggesting that RCI re-name the JS to something that more accurately describes it. I know that JS's are no longer receiving the same in cabin amenities that they once were - we had no amenities in the bathroom of 1100 on Radiance in November. I guess it puzzles me as to why they can charge several hundred dollars more for the JS when there are no real perks anymore. I suppose they can justify it by saying the JS is larger than a D1 - and it is - and I enjoy the additional space :)

I am surprised they do not at least get the samples from companies and put them in a basket like Carnival did. We were only in a Balcony cabin and ended up with samples or razors, soap, body wash, body spray, toothpaste, Vitamins, etc... I am sure that it did not cost them much if anything because of the free advertising of the brands.

February 2006 I was in a junior suite on the Legend of the Seas. The Sea Pass did not have the word suite on it. We did get priority boarding. Had the amenities in the bathroom. Didn't think of a concierge lounge and don't know if the had one.

I will be in a junior suite next week, 2/10 - 2/17 on the Voyager of the Seas and will report back. I made this reservation last February on the Legend so I think I should get grandfathered in for suite privileges.

February 2006 I was in a junior suite on the Legend of the Seas. The Sea Pass did not have the word suite on it. We did get priority boarding. Had the amenities in the bathroom. Didn't think of a concierge lounge and don't know if the had one.

I will be in a junior suite next week, 2/10 - 2/17 on the Voyager of the Seas and will report back. I made this reservation last February on the Legend so I think I should get grandfathered in for suite privileges.

I honestly don't think there is such a thing as being "grandfathered" for suite priviledges such as bathroom amenities. If a decision has been made regarding not putting those lovely full size lotions etc in the bathrooms of Junior Suites - it isn't going to matter when you booked your cruise. they are gone and that's it.

We had a JS on the Radiance this past November and there were NO amenities in the bathroom except for the shampoo dispenser on the wall in the shower. We did ask the cabin attendant for some bottles of lotion and she did bring us some "sample" sizes - but looked terrified at the prospect of asking her supervisor for some...because were not in what is considered a "suite" according to RCI. This is precisely why I think RCI needs to step up and eliminate the confusion surrounding what a JS is actually "entitled" to. I believe the only way to solve this issue is to rename the JS something else that does not have the word "suite" in it.....otherwise it is clearly too confusing for everyone involved. JMHO

Most of my post was just reporting what we had last February. We all know there has been some confusion regarding what was printed in a brochure and what they want to do. I don't really care about the bathroom lotions etc. That isn't going to make me change cruise lines.

My comment about grandfathering myself in refered to threads I have read here where people got some of the extras because they had booked when the brochure said they should get those things. I would love to get into the concierge club. If it doesn't happen thats OK and with this cruise we become diamond anyway. I'll find out in 5 days.

Cathy, if you booked your cruise from the 2007-2008 brochure that stated you did receive all the perks the other suites receive, just take the brochure to Guest relations, explain you booked your cruised based on what the brochure described the perks of a JS are and they should honor it. They honor it for me and also for others. I do not care what anyone else thinks about it as I've been thru all that and I booked my cruises based on what the brochure said I would get in a JS, the LA onboard confirmed that's what the brochure stated so that's what I would get, so they will honor it for me. Some people think the brochure was a missprint, others don't care and RCCL is not saying a word but they are honoring it and that's all that matters. RCCL calls it a junior suite so that's what it is. Maybe when the new brochures come out they'll call it the "100 sq ft bigger DI with a living room, a bigger bathroom with tub, a walk in closet, a wall of glass, a full wall of vanity, desk and cabinets and a bigger balcony" CABIN! BUT until then it's a suite! AND it's been a SUITE for several years so I'll assume people are not saying that's a missprint too. So until RCCL wants to print the new brochures and correct the MISSPRINT or notify every TA of thier error, they are honoring what they are advertising and that is what is important. If it is a missprint, I guarantee you they WILL correct it in the next brochures as believe me, they are well aware of this issue! I booked all my cruises directly with RCCL after receiving their brochure they sent me last summer and as a matter of fact when I transferred my June booking to a TA a couple weeks ago to get an extra perk the TA offered me, I asked the RCCL rep on the phone right in front of the TA as I had to give permission to tranfer the booking if the JS included the CL. ABSOLUTELY I was told, All suites receive the CL. That's from an RCCL rep in front of a TA! I posted this on the other JS thread when it happened. I said this months ago and it's true, the JS saga will continue until RCCL does something about it and they do not seem to be in any hurry to change anything. If it's changed in the new brochures it will finally be over with and if it's not it will continue. Let's all hope RCCL figures it out once and for all. Yes Cathy, according to RCCL that owns the cruiseline and names the cabins, you are in a suite and yes, according to the 2007-2008 RCCL brochures, you are entitled to the same perks as the other suites. ;) And if people want to attack someone over this subject, let them turn thier negative comments toward RCCL and not the passengers that booked the JS based on what RCCL advertised.

Love it very well said Aquacruiser Thanks for the time that took you to write that!! ;)

Special stuff and I missed it!

We were on Explorer in Dec. in aft JS but had no special amenities except the robes. Reached Platinum after that cruise so we have the robes in our D1 on the Jewel two weeks ago. Had priority boarding and departure lounge as well.

We are booked on Legend this summer for 12 night Med. in an aft JS -- what amenities should I be looking for other than the robes?

I take it that the soap wrapped in a piece of paper is not one of the special amenities. LOL

I got an email from C&A saying they had alread corrected it for the next brochure.

So what did they actually say in the email about the psuedo suites? I am just wondering. My wife and I will probably be booking the Jr Suites this fall for a couple of cruises. Thanks.

So what did they actually say in the email about the psuedo suites? I am just wondering. My wife and I will probably be booking the Jr Suites this fall for a couple of cruises. Thanks.

That you got priority boarding. Thats all I asked about.

Most of my post was just reporting what we had last February. We all know there has been some confusion regarding what was printed in a brochure and what they want to do. I don't really care about the bathroom lotions etc. That isn't going to make me change cruise lines.

My comment about grandfathering myself in refered to threads I have read here where people got some of the extras because they had booked when the brochure said they should get those things. I would love to get into the concierge club. If it doesn't happen thats OK and with this cruise we become diamond anyway. I'll find out in 5 days.

I wish things were still the same with JS's. On our first cruise (Radiance) we had a JS and with the bathroom amenities included - felt somewhat special :)

I wasn't being critical of your post at all - I hope it didn't come off that way???

Happy Cruising :D

• 2 months later...

Well if it's corrected for the next brochure - then there's not question that it was a error.

Why would anyone argue for something they know deep down they aren't entitled to? Just don't understand it. We've been on three different cruiselines - in their jr or mini suites and the best we ever got is priority boarding on NCL only. Clearly jr. and mini suites are not suites...otherwise they wouldn't be called mini and they wouldn't have a mini price. Sorry but that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Just got my documents and my luggage tags do not say Suite either:(

Has anyone confirmed whether JS do still get priority boarding? Shall we just get in that line anyway??

We were in a JS 3-25 on the AOS. When we got to the pier, the agent looked at our docs and told us to get in the suite line. The only perk, other than a larger room and wonderful balcony. Have a great cruise

Archived