Suite NOT listed on JS Luggage Tags!

ckrobyn

I usually sail in a JS - and on all previous cruises, the JS luggage tags said "Suite" which also qualified us for priority boarding.

For our upcoming cruise on the AOS, we are sailing in a JS and the luggage tags do not say suite anymore!

I am posting this for those cruisers who believe they will have priority boarding if they are sailing in a JS - looks like this may not be the case anymore.

I will have priority boarding anyways because I am Platinum, but for those who are not....things may have changed with regard to JS's and priority boarding..

Just a heads up :rolleyes:

Sailed in my first JS this past December on the Vision out of LA. DENIED priority boarding! Also, no toiletries beyond the shower wall soap dispenwer and no robes. No worry, that cruise made us platinum, so looking forward to the perks on the next go around.

I usually sail in a JS - and on all previous cruises, the JS luggage tags said "Suite" which also qualified us for priority boarding.

For our upcoming cruise on the AOS, we are sailing in a JS and the luggage tags do not say suite anymore!

I am posting this for those cruisers who believe they will have priority boarding if they are sailing in a JS - looks like this may not be the case anymore.

I will have priority boarding anyways because I am Platinum, but for those who are not....things may have changed with regard to JS's and priority boarding..

I called the C&A desk about a week ago and specifically asked if a JS gets priority boarding and they assured me it did.

On the Radiance this past November - we DID have suite listed on our luggage tags - but NO amenities in the cabin. The cabin attendant almost had heart failure when I asked her for a robe! I got one though ;)

I called the C&A desk about a week ago and specifically asked if a JS gets priority boarding and they assured me it did.

Atty - how will the port people know you are in a JS? The luggage tags do not even say JS on them anymore!!!!!!!!! Here are what ours say:

D10

AFT

AD

Adventure

No mention whatsoever of a suite of any kind.....I suppose you could show them your cruise docs??

I am thinking priority boarding for JS is becoming a thing of the past very quickly.

Atty - how will the port people know you are in a JS? The luggage tags do not even say JS on them anymore!!!!!!!!! Here are what ours say:

D10

AFT

AD

Adventure

No mention whatsoever of a suite of any kind.....I suppose you could show them your cruise docs??

I am thinking priority boarding for JS is becoming a thing of the past very quickly.

I am going to email C&A for confirmation of my telephone call and see what they say. I don't care about the lounge (as I didn't expect that anyway) but priority boarding was one of the things I was looking forward to.

Robyn, we sailed on Radiance in October RT Hawaii and our luggage tags did not say JS on them. They were still delivered to our cabin early and we had no problem getting priority boarding. I believe that your cabin number is an indication of what type of cabin you are in.

The port people really have nothing to do with what cabin you are in.....it's the folks that handle your luggage once it is on the ship....and that's where your cabin number comes into play. Remember, the port people do not work for RCI..........they are contracted to handle luggage at the port by RCI along with the agents that are checking you in.

Also, no special amenities in our JS as we previously had on other ships. Guess its cost reduction time.

Robyn, we sailed on Radiance in October RT Hawaii and our luggage tags did not say JS on them. They were still delivered to our cabin early and we had no problem getting priority boarding. I believe that your cabin number is an indication of what type of cabin you are in.

The port people really have nothing to do with what cabin you are in.....it's the folks that handle your luggage once it is on the ship....and that's where your cabin number comes into play. Remember, the port people do not work for RCI..........they are contracted to handle luggage at the port by RCI along with the agents that are checking you in.

Also, no special amenities in our JS as we previously had on other ships. Guess its cost reduction time.

I remember from my last few cruises that an RCI port person would be yelling out for any Platinum/Diamond Members as well as those sailing in a suite - to come forward for priority boarding. How do they know who is what??? I suppose anyone could theoretically get in that line and no-one would be the wiser??

The Porters in San Juan were the one's who actually took me out of the regular line last year and put me in the "suite" line because they saw it said "suite" on my luggage tags.....:rolleyes:

We sailed on the Sovereign last April (06) and had two JS and the luggage tags said "suite" as well as our two JS on Explorer last July (06). We also had the larger bottles of toiletries and "shower puff" loofah type thing.

We are platinum members and our three nighter in April of this year will "promote" us to Diamond membership. We will be Diamond for our Freedom Cruise this summer, but have still booked a JS Suite for both cruises.

Not sure why the tags wouldn't say suite. I'm sure the documents will though and you'll have priority boarding.

Good Luck!

Your luggage is given to the porters LONG before you get to the "boarding" area, If you're booked in a JS, just get in the suite line. No big deal!

Our JS tags did say "suite" in April, BTW. But it doesn't matter, since no one but the porters see the tags!

Your luggage is given to the porters LONG before you get to the "boarding" area, If you're booked in a JS, just get in the suite line. No big deal!

Our JS tags did say "suite" in April, BTW. But it doesn't matter, since no one but the porters see the tags!

Cb- I had already given my checked luggage to the porters when I first got the port. I was taken out of the regular boarding line because I had put a "suite" luggage tag on my carry on! :D

Every time I had priority boarding, I had to prove it by showing my documents. What the heck difference does it make if luggage tags say suite or not? All that's important on the tags is the room number so the luggage finds it's way to your room, right?

Robyn, have another look at your tags. The top space should be your cabin #, the middle space should say C 10 AFT. Category C is a JS, and will probably be recognized as such by the check-in people. I am surprised the tags don't have the suite designation, maybe they've done away with it. Hopefully they haven't done away with the priority boarding at the ports that offered it.

On the Radiance this past November - we DID have suite listed on our luggage tags - but NO amenities in the cabin. The cabin attendant almost had heart failure when I asked her for a robe! I got one though ;)
I've never had a problem getting the robes, even as a gold member...;)

I think Radiance is one of the "cheapskate" ships when it comes to upgraded toiletries. We had them on Monarch last weekend on on Jewel in November/December. When we got our Diamond Plus package from RCI, it indicated that you have to have over 49 cruise credits to get them, but the information page was dated 2005, so it would appear that they've never enforced that until now??

Our JS tags haven't said "suite" since September, but it doesn't matter to us at this point because of our C&A status. It's good to be queen!:D

I think Radiance is one of the "cheapskate" ships when it comes to upgraded toiletries. We had them on Monarch last weekend on on Jewel in November/December. When we got our Diamond Plus package from RCI, it indicated that you have to have over 49 cruise credits to get them, but the information page was dated 2005, so it would appear that they've never enforced that until now??

Our JS tags haven't said "suite" since September, but it doesn't matter to us at this point because of our C&A status. It's good to be queen!:D

Shall we revolt this coming September?!:p You're right, when we did our b2b on Radiance no special little bottles......of course, after I got down and begged on both knees our cabin attendant brought me some. ;) I guess Radiance staff and crew and the great service make up for the lack of amenities in the JS cabins.

I'm with you and Paul on the preprinted luggage tags saying suite or not. As long as it gets to our cabin. BTW...if you're queen, then can I be a princess!!;)

I just called and asked as well, and they assured me as well. They said one of the benefits of being in ANY suite, including JS, is priority embarkation. But we all know that the CS people at C&A, or RCI in general, do not know much. It could have changed and they have not been notified. I guess we will see next week.

It's ok, I had the same luggage tags on the Explorer in Oct for my JS. I received priority boarding and my luggage arrived in my cabin around 330pm. Our tags did not say suite on them but had the JS cabin number on them. :) Our name was on a priority boarding list in the terminal and I was not platinum. Your luggage tags have nothing to do with it as the porter takes them before we even go into the terminal.

I agree with the other posters who are suggesting that RCI re-name the JS to something that more accurately describes it. I know that JS's are no longer receiving the same in cabin amenities that they once were - we had no amenities in the bathroom of 1100 on Radiance in November. I guess it puzzles me as to why they can charge several hundred dollars more for the JS when there are no real perks anymore. I suppose they can justify it by saying the JS is larger than a D1 - and it is - and I enjoy the additional space :)

Archived