Diamond access to concierge lounge

Joaniers

I am a Diamond member and recently sailed with a group of women. My cabinmate was a Gold member and on the first night we went into the concierge lounge with our own drinks and sat down. The concierge came over and asked our cabin number and our names which my friend told him and he thanked us and went back to his desk. Had he asked her to leave, we would have, but I too think your cabin mate should be allowed in to the lounge so I was pleased that things went this way. I really didn't want to play the elistist thing and say "I can get in here and you can't". I also didn't really want to go in by myself, but enjoyed the time we did spend there.

We did only get one robe in our cabin though, and we didn't ask for one for my roomie! :)

Thats right...........unless you book a suite......

PH are you sure about that?? Our DD is Diamond and has been on two cruises............because we are Diamond........I have her upgrade letter from RC...........just wanting clarification..........RC may have changed this or this is just something that slipped through the cracks..........

By the way...........are we credited yet??????????:)

Ok..............forgive me Mom.........it is early and we have another snow storm going on outside............I GOT IT:)

By the way..........here is a novel thought...................

Anybody think of just following the rules??:D

My GF & I are both Ds, we are cruising on MOS in several months with another couple who are Golds. We have cabins next to each other with the Girls in one and the Guys in another (for the D discount/cabin). I'm interested to see if the other couple can get access to the CL as being each of our "partners". No plans for deception other than telling the C that we are booked in the same cabin together (which is true), he can draw his own conclusions. Of course if he asks are we sleeping there I'll tell the truth, it will be obviuos after a while. The other couple doesn't drink and really would have no interest in the CL other than to talk to us, so either way it we be fine. But after reading all this stuff about JSers getting in just wondering where this will go.

I am a Diamond member and recently sailed with a group of women. My cabinmate was a Gold member and on the first night we went into the concierge lounge with our own drinks and sat down. The concierge came over and asked our cabin number and our names which my friend told him and he thanked us and went back to his desk. Had he asked her to leave, we would have, but I too think your cabin mate should be allowed in to the lounge so I was pleased that things went this way. I really didn't want to play the elistist thing and say "I can get in here and you can't". I also didn't really want to go in by myself, but enjoyed the time we did spend there.

We did only get one robe in our cabin though, and we didn't ask for one for my roomie! :)

For your input! Which ship were you on?

I'm one for following rules. But, if you are sailing together, that is what you want to do, be together.

We also sailed with another couple that weren't Diamond members, on one of our cruises. We would just meet them at dinner. We didn't try to bring them in the CL Lounge with us. I just feel it's different if there are 2 in a party in one cabin, that they should be allowed.

Better PR for RCCL and a better cruising experience had by all?

Of course they';ll allow her in. I've never even been asked to see my seapass card. If you've got the red acess card to get in, you won't be stopped.

No that was not our experience. We had the card...first day the concierge introduced himself and asked us for our name....

A spouse should be able to come in...

but friends....absolutely not.

The lounge is crowded - people who don't meet the criteria should not expect to have the rules changed. That's a lesson we need to learn before we grow into adults.

No that was not our experience. We had the card...first day the concierge introduced himself and asked us for our name....

A spouse should be able to come in...

but friends....absolutely not.

The lounge is crowded - people who don't meet the criteria should not expect to have the rules changed. That's a lesson we need to learn before we grow into adults.

I refuse to grow up.

Nope, not doing it.

hehe:D

:) Both my wife & I are Diamond level.IMHO the concerige club needs to be limited to Diamond/Diamond Plus & their cabin mates.Any one else would be taking advantage & that will spoil it for all who have loyalty to RCCL.

The suite guests would spoil it? If that is what you want maybe it should be called the Diamond club. The consierge lounge is for consierge level pax, RCI decided to reward loyal cruisers with use of the lounge also. I think it is great that they did.

PH, the RED ACCESS cards are given to passengers that are on probation in the Concierge Lounge. They are subject to removal from the lounge at the Concierge's discretion at any time. So......you would never get a Red Card, just white.

For your input! Which ship were you on?

I'm one for following rules. But, if you are sailing together, that is what you want to do, be together.

We also sailed with another couple that weren't Diamond members, on one of our cruises. We would just meet them at dinner. We didn't try to bring them in the CL Lounge with us. I just feel it's different if there are 2 in a party in one cabin, that they should be allowed.

Better PR for RCCL and a better cruising experience had by all?

We were on the Radiance. I will say that we had 2nd seating and the lounge was never full when we were there. Several times it was just us or one other couple. The sailing after ours must have had a lot of D/D+ members, as they were putting up a sign on the lounge door directing people to one of the other lounges for the cocktail hour in order to accomodate the crowd. Perhaps things would be different if it had been full, but I was thankful to be able to use the lounge with my cabinmate. FYI, I was sailing with 6+ other people and I didn't ever attempt to bring any of them in.

My GF & I are both Ds, we are cruising on MOS in several months with another couple who are Golds. We have cabins next to each other with the Girls in one and the Guys in another (for the D discount/cabin). I'm interested to see if the other couple can get access to the CL as being each of our "partners". No plans for deception other than telling the C that we are booked in the same cabin together (which is true), he can draw his own conclusions. Of course if he asks are we sleeping there I'll tell the truth, it will be obviuos after a while. The other couple doesn't drink and really would have no interest in the CL other than to talk to us, so either way it we be fine. But after reading all this stuff about JSers getting in just wondering where this will go.

Somehow I don't think the Concierge will ask where you are sleeping, but I still believe you are being deceptive. You already started that when you booked your arrangements the way you did. I understand why you did that, but having them try to gain access to the lounge, when they are truly not entitled is one of the reasons that we were told by a concierge that only suite guests, diamond and diamond plus members were allowed in there.

We had friends that went with us on a cruise and we went to the lounge and met them at dinner. They understood that this was a perk for us because we had reached diamond status. There wasn't any problem and not once did they ask or did we feel we should ask about having them come in there.

With all the cost cutting that's going on, I can see why RCI won't let others in and perhaps that's why they stated that no guests (even cabinmates) are allowed. I enjoy being able to use the lounge and do hope that others don't make RCI decide that it is being abused and take it away. JMO.

Katie

I think we had red cards on some cruise...maybe Mariner? I forgot that mom & her friend won't have any C&A status on their first cruise. We will just sneak off.

On Serenade the key cards were white with black lettering. I found 1 on the floor near guest relations and turned it in to Lost & Found. The purser didn't quite understand what I was doing as he was quick to point out that "I" couldn't use it...for concierge guests only. LOL:D I thanked him. :)

I am a diamond member traveling on the Enchantment with my parents who are not diamond members. Does anyone know if they will be allowed to accompany me to the concierge lounge? We are not in the same cabins, but next door to each other.

Thanks!

Anyway, the answer to the OP is no.......

That's good, there's way too many people given access to the Concierge Lounges...they're way too crowded already.

I think that they should restrict the number of legitimate people allowed in the lounge each cruise to 50 or 60. Start with Suite and Diamond Plus, work down C&A levels until the max # is reached, then quit giving away access cards. Works for me.

I think that they should restrict the number of legitimate people allowed in the lounge each cruise to 50 or 60. Start with Suite and Diamond Plus, work down C&A levels until the max # is reached, then quit giving away access cards. Works for me.

Thats not gonna work............you could very well have 50 pax or more in the suites alone............

No way.....I "worked" too hard to get to DP.......:p

on Jewel last May for the C&A Member Cruise, they even have the photo on the helipad before our free excursion on the Member Cruise Area of www.rccl.com. Talk about a packed CL. And suites had no room. We were a tight bunch! So they opened the Hollywood Lounge on 14 for us to have real drinks at for FREE. That was great with a great view.

On Freedom last October for another C&A Member Cruise, with over 500 M&Mers from CC, add to that the other Diamond/Plus & Suites and they took over Pharoahs Palace for our CL. That was great!

So they are learning where to put all the people.

That many people doesnt sound GREAT to me.............No thanks........

Im working with ya San............maybe no Diamonds?? heheh

Ya bunch of meanies. I haven't even had my first cruise as a diamond member and ya'll are trying to get me kicked out. :( sniff sniff

now sulking.

;)

Archived